• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE BEVELL

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive struggles are a combination of everything. The coaches, the players, the water boy. They all need to get their shit together. Wilson being hurt definitely was a factor in his performance. He was just was not putting the ball in a good place for the WRs.

Here's something I don't think enough people are talking about though: Seattle's defense has forced 0 turnovers in 2 games ( not counting fourth down stops ). They have been amazing as a unit so far. Hard to argue that when they're giving up 9.5 ppg and right around 250 ypg. But in the past when Seattle has been successful the defense has really feasted on turnovers. Not getting them has been an issue. It's not anywhere near the top 10 things wrong with the team right now, but it is a bit out of the norm for this unit. Getting even one big TO on Sunday could have really swung the game and right now it looks like making those TO's happen is what is going to be necessary for the team to win.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive struggles come from 3 factors:

1. The o line
2. Opposing defenses know the play call every time Graham is on the field
3. Wilson's ankle

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So add Carroll to that list of the blame game. That's clearly on him.

The penalties are atrocious on this team... IMO, Webb is playing out of position and isn't a good fit at the guard position... If anything, he should be backing up RT... Webb is the weakest link on this OL by a long shot... Not going to blame Cable for being given a guy like Webb to start at RG...

And Schneider for assembling this OL? If you want to blame, blame needs to the top... I personally feel the OL will be much much better once Ifedi returns... He's just a beast and seemingly has played up to his draft slot and expectations imo up to his injury...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grades for the Rams game - because I know everyone is just holding their breath for them.

Defense - B- - I know that everyone is going to see this and go ape shit. "They gave up only 9 points and 283 yards! That's amazing!" But, what if I suggest that the defense, despite decent numbers, really didn't do it's job? The Seahawks' game plan is to win field position, if you cannot get in scoring range, pin the opponent back - force them to punt and get better starting field position. Seattle constantly pinned LA deep in their own territory. 6 times the Rams started a drive at their own 25 or worse, only once did they fail to get at least 20 yards, and all 3 of their field goals came in drives that started at least 75 yards from the end zone. As a result, Seattle was the one that started backed up every possession - never once starting closer than their own 25, and 7 out of 10 times starting inside their own 20. Add in 0 turnovers, inconsistent pressure on Keenum and 3 very costly major penalties (Chancellor facemask, Chancellor PI and Marsh facemask) and really, the fact they gave up only 9 is the only reason they have as good a grade as they do.

Offense - D+ - The offense wasn't as bad as everyone wants to make it out to be. The Hawks only had 2 3 and outs in 10 drives, and actually won the time of possession (barely), which is one of their goals each game. Field position and offensive pass interference were the biggest issues during the game (IMO). I don't think I have seen so many OPI calls in one game, but not only did the 3 OPI calls cost us 30 yards in penalties, but also 53 yards in receptions and at least a FG and a chance at 2 TDs. In all, the calls cost us 83 yards in field position - and in a game where our average starting position was our own 17 yard line - 83 yards are hard to give up. Fumbling the ball away twice, in the last 2 minutes of each half, when they were trying to put themselves in position to score, and one essentially ending the game, is just horrendous. I really would have given them a much better grade if not for the OPIs and the fumbles.

OLine - C- - I know the line is an easy target, and I also know that it is the weak point on the team, but I didn't think they played nearly as badly as everyone else. Sure they weren't perfect - and the running game didn't get going, but to have a hobbled QB and still give him as much time as they did against the opponent they faced, was actually heartening. People seem to forget that a fully mobile Wilson was terrorized constantly by this same defense for the last few years, and yesterday - Wilson was relatively safe. On 41 drop backs, he was sacked, hit or pressured 14 times (according to in game stats, which are unofficial, of course). Lest year, that number was closer to 25, so all in all, I am happy with the line play.

Wilson - D - I know that there are fans that look at Wilson as a God, and will not like any criticism of him, but he played a bad game. His throws were off target - a lot. His ankle made him less mobile - even though he tried at time (14 yards rushing, 1 fumble and 1 really bad read option when he tried to be mobile). He deserves a large slice of the pie when it comes to the blame for the stalled offense, and I don't care if he's hurt. When he says he can play, what he's saying is he can perform - and if he can perform then he should be judged when he doesn't perform to his standards. As he gets his ankles back under him - I expect him to play better, but he wasn't very good Sunday.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker, although I think you are just a smidge harsh on the defense, I have to say that the rest of your grades are spot on in my opinion.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, good to know I no longer need the img option to do this:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team always starts slow and finishes strong. They did the same thing last year. I would rather have that then starting fast and finishing weak like the cards did last year.

You are tied for first in the division. Wilson is clearly gimpy and you have a few injuries. It's a long season.

I will admit reading all this "sky is falling" stuff is entertaining.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team always starts slow and finishes strong. They did the same thing last year. I would rather have that then starting fast and finishing weak like the cards did last year.

You are tied for first in the division. Wilson is clearly gimpy and you have a few injuries. It's a long season.

I will admit reading all this "sky is falling" stuff is entertaining.

Welcome to the Seahawks forum. Same shit, different season. I think some fans need to go into a time machine and watch this team play during the Ken Behring/Tom Flores years during the mid 90's. Very painful to watch.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Seahawks forum. Same shit, different season. I think some fans need to go into a time machine and watch this team play during the Ken Behring/Tom Flores years during the mid 90's. Very painful to watch.
The knee-jerk stiff is perplexing.

The weird thing about Seattle is they cant seem to get the offense and defense going at the same time. Last year the defense struggled early on and offense was rolling. They were in several shootouts. This year the offense can't get it going but the defense looks tough.

I don't ever count the Seahawks out. I have made that mistake in the past. If they can get the offense and defense going at the same time... look out

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The weird thing about Seattle is they cant seem to get the offense and defense going at the same time. Last year the defense struggled early on and offense was rolling. They were in several shootouts. This year the offense can't get it going but the defense looks tough.

I don't ever count the Seahawks out. I have made that mistake in the past. If they can get the offense and defense going at the same time... look out

Just remember this thread next time someone posts a 'Seahawk fans think the sun shines out of their team's *ss' comment.

We're a conflicted lot.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not knee jerk, i have been calling out bevell for 5 years. He does the same bonehead BS game in and game out. He fails in the redzone game in and game out, he fails on 3rd and short game in and game out, he cant get production out of star players year after year.

Nothing has changed

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not knee jerk, i have been calling out bevell for 5 years. He does the same bonehead BS game in and game out. He fails in the redzone game in and game out, he fails on 3rd and short game in and game out, he cant get production out of star players year after year.

Nothing has changed
You had one of the best offenses in the league last year. You have to put some blame on the players. It is an absolute necessity to have Wilson at full speed with that o-line. Without him, or another mobile qb with his skill set, the Seahawks are going to struggle offensively.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing has changed

Let's see....... in five seasons the Seahawks have:

1.) a 53-27 record
2.) Been to the post season four of those years
3.) a 7-3 post season record
4.) 2 NFC championships
5.) 1 Super Bowl ring

:gaah:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give us an average D AND all that changes. We have had the #1 D 4 years running

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Carrolls conservative approach on offense has something to do with that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Carrolls conservative approach on offense has something to do with that.

No, it has to do with carrol being a great defensive mind and an excellent teacher of technique. If anythin our D has allowed and excused our offense and its many, many pathetic showings.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it has to do with carrol being a great defensive mind and an excellent teacher of technique. If anythin our D has allowed and excused our offense and its many, many pathetic showings.

Lol. Sure. It has nothing to do with basic football cause & effect and Carrolls overall philosophy.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us employing an average D.
#1 D 4 years straight.
We lost 2 very good DC's yet maintain a very high level for D because of our HC. He values the D over the O IMO. That is one of the things I feel you don't see.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really believe that Seattle has the top defense 4 years in a row without also being top in offensive efficiency and TOP numbers, then you simply don't understand football. More importantly, you don't understand what Carrolls philosophy is.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The REAL problem is that in Seattle sports, we have seen way too much mediocrity, not just in one sport.

It's easy to get spoiled by the success the Hawks have had in recent years, but the truth is it's the one thing we've really seen in a long time while other teams around us have crapped out. Now look around us. Sounders are not the same team they were entering the MLS. Mariners...well, if they're intent on turning tail like they've done all three times after reaching ten games over .500, then they don't even deserve a playoff spot!

So it just drives us nuts when the Hawks, albeit early in the season, seem to be playing the same way.