• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finally manning to retire monday

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - very powerful

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bit more of an emotional day than I thought it would be. The more stories I read about what this man did off the field it just develops such a greater appreciation for what we got to witness for 4 years. Somebody needs to write a book just chronicling all he did for people off the field. You want to be encouraged to do some good in this world then that would be a book to read. Doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes along the way but he has found a way to grow as a player and person throughout all of this. Not often you see such a super star keep a level head and such a humble attitude towards those around them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please understand that any negative posts will be deleted from this thread. This is a thread to show appreciation towards a great legend of a game we all love. There is a general board post on his retirement that if you want to post something negative about Manning obviously that is fine but on the Broncos board today this is about honoring a legend that has meant so much to our franchise for the past 4 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on a helluva career Peyton! Glad he was able to go out on top.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos Go Payton !!!!!!!!!!!!!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing that's very possible is the NFL may never see a QB as special as Peyton ever again. If some people don't see that possibility,then they really don't know what they've been looking at for all these years. Brady deserves to be considered the most successful Qb ever but I think he is still 2nd to Manning when it comes to what he brought to the game, on and off the field . Just hard to imagine what the NFL will look like once Manning,Brady,Big Ben, Rodgers,Brees,Rivers,etc are all gone. We might not see such a special Qb class again for a long time or ever like these guys. Hell, once their gone the game might just be forced to revert back to the old run first,pass second days and strong D. We've been beyond extremely blessed to be able to be part of this special era of QBs,as fans. PS.Hey Cd. If I say Papa Johns pizza sucks, am I out? ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 50s and 60s the QBs call the plays in the huddle. From the 70s forward - the coaches called the plays from the sidelines.

Peyton Manning - called the plays at the LOS - that was a major advancement in Quarterbacking - it is amazing to attribute that change to basically one guy - Peyton Manning.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Denver can sign Brett Favre.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing that's very possible is the NFL may never see a QB as special as Peyton ever again. If some people don't see that possibility,then they really don't know what they've been looking at for all these years. Brady deserves to be considered the most successful Qb ever but I think he is still 2nd to Manning when it comes to what he brought to the game, on and off the field . Just hard to imagine what the NFL will look like once Manning,Brady,Big Ben, Rodgers,Brees,Rivers,etc are all gone. We might not see such a special Qb class again for a long time or ever like these guys. Hell, once their gone the game might just be forced to revert back to the old run first,pass second days and strong D. We've been beyond extremely blessed to be able to be part of this special era of QBs,as fans. PS.Hey Cd. If I say Papa Johns pizza sucks, am I out? ;)

I'll let this one slide as well the pizza really does. I was in Denver this last weekend with a group of my old college buddies and one of them recommended we go get some Papa John's and they just about got laughed out of the building.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you are able to get to a TV, the press conference starts in 10 minutes - or 1:00 Eastern Time.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let this one slide as well the pizza really does. I was in Denver this last weekend with a group of my old college buddies and one of them recommended we go get some Papa John's and they just about got laughed out of the building.

and rightly so, LOL!~

when we lived in Denver in the early to mid 80's there were some really really good pizza places there and I think a big part of it was the huge influx of Chicagoans in the 70's.

I wish I could remember the place we always got our pizza from, but that was 30 years ago, LOL!~

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT speech by Elway!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG that was awesome. Thank you Peyton for 4 great years any football fan could ever witness every Sunday.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Peyton Manning on a great long career. I will admit I was and will never be a huge fan of Manning but I do respect someone for being great at what they do for a long period of time. No doubt about it that he worked hard on and off the field and did many good things in the community. For that he does deserve respect and I do appreciate what he did for the Denver Broncos. Congrats to Manning. One of the greats. Peace.