• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finally found one of the guns I've been wanting

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagejpg1_zps46e38407.jpg

I haven't shot it yet but I'm already in love.

Now if I can just find a Kel Tec Sub2000 (Glock 40 mag version)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickock45 on youtube did a side by side review of this with the UTS 15 that was pretty cool.

The UTS alternates the feed between the twin magazines so you can load different shells into each mag and have ammo shot to shot. Say you set birdshot up first then buckshot afterwards if the job needs more oomph. Just a cool idea

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I subscribe to Hickock45, that video is what made me want a KSG. The UTS 15 is very cool but it's too bulky for my taste.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always pondered one of these. Heavy bastard though isn't it?

I've looked at few of them, they're not quiet as heavy as I thought they'd be. Just about every gun shop around here carries new one's but about the cheapest I've seen is around $900. If I could find a good used one for a decent price I'd like to have one myself, you just don't see too many used ones laying around.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. Just looks like a heavy gun. Very interesting. I've been pondering a new shotgun for a while but I think I've settled on the CZ 712 Practical with 6 position stock. It's the only automatic shotgun I've found with an adjustable stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. Just looks like a heavy gun. Very interesting. I've been pondering a new shotgun for a while but I think I've settled on the CZ 712 Practical with 6 position stock. It's the only automatic shotgun I've found with an adjustable stock.

I look at the KSG as more of a novelty/home defense kinda of weapon personally. It's one of those things I want just because I think they look pretty cool lol.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya there man. I'm always so practical with guns though. I train with a select few and usually don't hold more than what I'm currently training with. I focus on certain platforms and designs. I'm currently running a CZ P-07 (Currently own two of these) and an 870. Other than that I currently only have one other gun, a SIG C3 that I'm keeping only because my daughter loves it and shoots it very well. When she's old enough it will go to her.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard these things jam like crazy -- and -- can really hurt your arm ejecting the shells. Though, the kel tec 40 glock mag little rifle people love.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the range with this gun.

First the bad, it was assembled incorrectly from the factory and the right side magazine would not accept shot shells. While disassembling the gun, troubleshooting the problem I notice that the magazine capture nuts were tighten incorrectly, the right magazine nut was a lot tighter than the left one. This caused the right magazine tube to bind and function improperly. After reassembly, correctly alternating a quarter turn at a time while tightening both capture nuts, the magazines now function correctly.

Now the good, after putting around 300 shots through it, I did not have a single malfunction. I zeroed the magpul sights using slugs (rifled), it was super easy to hit a 8" plate at a 100 yards with this combination. Use 2 3/4 9 shot OO Buckshot at 20 yards the pellets were in a 8" group. Needing to give my shoulder a break, I shot a lot of skeet, this is not a skeet gun, that was tough.

The gun doesn't kick like a normal shotgun. The muzzle doesn't rise, all the energy goes straight back. I liked this because it was easy to make follow up shots. A limb saver will be added though.

I'm very happy right now, I will be happier when my Aimpoint Micro T1 arrives from CDNN.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First the bad, it was assembled incorrectly from the factory and the right side magazine would not accept shot shells. While disassembling the gun, troubleshooting the problem I notice that the magazine capture nuts were tighten incorrectly, the right magazine nut was a lot tighter than the left one. This caused the right magazine tube to bind and function improperly. After reassembly, correctly alternating a quarter turn at a time while tightening both capture nuts, the magazines now function correctly.

Now the good, after putting around 300 shots through it, I did not have a single malfunction. I zeroed the magpul sights using slugs (rifled), it was super easy to hit a 8" plate at a 100 yards with this combination. Use 2 3/4 9 shot OO Buckshot at 20 yards the pellets were in a 8" group. Needing to give my shoulder a break, I shot a lot of skeet, this is not a skeet gun, that was tough.

The gun doesn't kick like a normal shotgun. The muzzle doesn't rise, all the energy goes straight back. I liked this because it was easy to make follow up shots. A limb saver will be added though.

I'm very happy right now, I will be happier when my Aimpoint Micro T1 arrives from CDNN.

Good deal. I really want to shoot one of those bastards.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent review. Glad it's working out for you. I'm more interested than before after reading. :suds:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I appreciate that review as well. After using Remington shotguns for hunting since childhood, I was curious how these tactical deals would fire.

I've also been meaning to purchase the Sub-2000 with a S&W grip to match my 9mm. I see they've raised the MSRP a bit.
SUB-2000 | Rifles | Kel-tec