• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Preseason Game Thoughts

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good - Our D stepped up once again and kept Pittsburg out of the endzone. Kudos to Josh Norman for having one of the best preseasons of and Panther ever. Even our backup D line was able to get pressure on the QB and force him into mistakes. Also, I have to say, great game by Derrick Anderson, he showed why he started for several years. Tedd Ginn made some noise, maybe he can be more than just a return man. You could tell there were some guys fighting for roster spots, maybe not with us but with someone. Got to mention Colin Jones for his 2 interceptions, Hixon finally got on the field and did very well, a makeshift O Line actually did a decent job of protecting the QB, and the ST produced some points again..

The Bad - Still not much production from the RB's. I know we played Smith and Poole most of the game but we have got to do better. We completely squandered the interceptions by not getting TD's. WE CANNOT KEEP SETTLING FOR FIELD GOALS. There were times Clausen looked lost out there. Way too many runs up the middle on us, you could tell Kuechley was not on the field.

Final Thoughts - Overall, the was the best all around game we have played this preseason. We are really missing Tolbert in short yardage situation. I'll be glad when we start going back to Cam over the top or Tolbert bowling guys over in 3rd and 1 or 1 foot to a TD. Clausen did nothing to improve his chances of sticking around another year. Despite how well our D played you could tell we were missing Luke and Beason's leadership. It's going to be interesting who we cut and I still think we will bring in another OL or 2. Let the real games begin.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Thanks, missed the game as I watching USC-UNC, and the post game stuff.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How well will Steve Smith do against the Seattle D? I'm worried about starting him in my FFL.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How well will Steve Smith do against the Seattle D? I'm worried about starting him in my FFL.

I don't play fantasy football but Smith should be his usual self. We are wanting to run the ball more with our RB's not Cam. The real question is our O Line. If they can block and give Cam some time he should be able to get the ball to the WR's and Smith still is his favorite target. Even at his age I don't think there is a corner or safety that can cover Smith 1 on 1 the entire game.