• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fiesta Bowl - Arizona vs Boise State

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is 3 1/2 weeks away, but it is the first New Years Day bowl game for Arizona in forever so I figured I would start up a thread. It was a surprising season, one where the Cats overachieved. They won a lot of close games and lost a few that they could have won; a few bounces here, or there could have led to a 12-1 record... or to a 7-6 record.

At the end of the day, the UofA won all of their close games, save the missed chip-shot FG against usc, and were in the game against UCLA, they held the Bruins to 17 points... but the offense couldn't muster more than a TD. The Cats earned the Pac12 South title and a shot at the Ducks, but the offense simply did not show up and were dominated by Oregon's defense. Pretty much the worst-case scenario for the Pac-title game, but it does not take away from what the Cats accomplished in 2014-15.

It was a great season, and the reward is a spotlight bowl game on New Years Day. Overall, could not be more proud of the job that RR and the coaching staff did this year. Big congrats to all of the players for getting to this big stage. Time to go out and show Boise State what big-boy football is all about. It would have been nice to see an SEC team, but... BSU has been a top-25 team for close to a decade now, they are a worthy opponent. Looking forward to it.

Go Cats!!!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 3rd Fiesta Bowl appearance for Arizona all-time. Love that the game will be held in Phoenix, makes it easier for me to get there.

Playing the 20th ranked team goes to show you how much geography plays into it... I really wanted a shot at Mich St or another school from back east to redeem ourselves on the national scale, but that's not how it works. :gaah:

It's been one hell of a season, and 11 wins sounds pretty good to me. BEAR DOWN!

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys wanted a shot at a SEC team, but you are stuck with us. I Hope we can show up and play our best and make a game out of it. Good luck to you all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys wanted a shot at a SEC team, but you are stuck with us. I Hope we can show up and play our best and make a game out of it. Good luck to you all.

Yeah, don't take that the wrong way, I am very excited to see the Broncos, they are one of the countries most consistent programs and IMO they will be a bigger challenge than many of the SEC teams...

...I only said it would have been nice to play an SEC team, because their fans, for the last 10 years, talk more trash than any other sports fanbase at any level, and they do so based upon very little results. Their teams are over-inflated in the preseason rankings, so no matter what they always have teams in the top-5 based upon nothing, other than beating up some overrated SEC team or another. MISS ST is a prime example. They started the season unranked and jumped to the #1 spot by beating #8 LSU (8-4), #6 Texas A&M (7-5) and #2 Auburn (8-4). The only reason they themselves jumped so high in the rankings is because they beat three teams that were WAY overrated. The preseason voting is a complete joke.

I only want to see Pac12 teams play SEC teams in bowls, because the myth that they are the "best conference ever of all time" is a total fallacy based upon crooked voting... I want to see as many Pac12 teams play SEC teams in bowls because the only way you can stop they myth of them being superior is to play them in the post season... because they obviously duck any kind of OOC challenge during non-conference.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope we get Alabama v. Oregon.

ASU will be in El Paso against Duke (for football, not basketball). LOLs xs 10.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope we get Alabama v. Oregon.

ASU will be in El Paso against Duke (for football, not basketball). LOLs xs 10.

I am bummed too but to be honest DUKE and Kentucky are becoming better and better at football you tool
Kansas still sucks

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't take that the wrong way, I am very excited to see the Broncos, they are one of the countries most consistent programs and IMO they will be a bigger challenge than many of the SEC teams...

...I only said it would have been nice to play an SEC team, because their fans, for the last 10 years, talk more trash than any other sports fanbase at any level, and they do so based upon very little results. Their teams are over-inflated in the preseason rankings, so no matter what they always have teams in the top-5 based upon nothing, other than beating up some overrated SEC team or another. MISS ST is a prime example. They started the season unranked and jumped to the #1 spot by beating #8 LSU (8-4), #6 Texas A&M (7-5) and #2 Auburn (8-4). The only reason they themselves jumped so high in the rankings is because they beat three teams that were WAY overrated. The preseason voting is a complete joke.

I only want to see Pac12 teams play SEC teams in bowls, because the myth that they are the "best conference ever of all time" is a total fallacy based upon crooked voting... I want to see as many Pac12 teams play SEC teams in bowls because the only way you can stop they myth of them being superior is to play them in the post season... because they obviously duck any kind of OOC challenge during non-conference.

I understand what you are saying, In our Moore years i wanted a crack at tOSU. You had a great season and you would like to see where you stack up. :suds:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC is garbage. Duke is a joke. Have fun with that.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Pac12 goes undefeated in bowl games and Oregon wins it all. Sick of not getting the respect we deserve from those ESPN faggots. They'd be so upset if Oregon beat Bama.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GL Pitman, should be a good game. Boise State always seems to be ranked every damn year.

If BSU were in the PAC12 I doubt that it would be every year. They are a man amongst boys in their conf.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will definitely be rooting for ASU. They have been humiliated more than enough for one year so might as well Rep the conference well.

BEAR DOWN!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck sirs, I'm looking forward to this game

Should be a fun one.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC 12 representing well again in the Bowl games. Even ASU won!

Now the Cats and Oregon need to rep the PAC at the highest level (not that El Paso wins over basketball schools aren't impressive!)

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for your 2nd Fiesta Bowl win ever.. Cute.

ASU has 5 of those.

Good luck.