• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ferentz - top 5 worst coaches

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy living in KC, Bums is an idiot, do you even know anything? I am guessing you are a KU fan with that stupid comment. I was a proud Kansas Citian for 8 years, worked for the Royals, loved going to Chiefs games but never ran into anyone so dumb, I have to believe he lives in KS and not MO

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums....

Your seasonal weather forecast is incredibly bad. Iowa played zero football games in the snow this season. Cold weather...yes...but that is a different story.

I wonder what your position would be if an actual playoff system forced warm weather programs to travel north in the month of December and January to play a football game.

apparently, unlike me, you have never lived in IOWA...to actually GO TO SCHOOL at Iowa all year (not just football season, the players actually have to attend classes at Iowa, can't speak of other schools) you have to deal with snow...coming from a place that has no snow, it is a shock to your system

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy living in KC, Bums is an idiot, do you even know anything? I am guessing you are a KU fan with that stupid comment. I was a proud Kansas Citian for 8 years, worked for the Royals, loved going to Chiefs games but never ran into anyone so dumb, I have to believe he lives in KS and not MO

Ida Grove, IA, Quad Citys...kansas city missouri.....I am Iowa fan since 81...most likely longer than you

I should just punch you in the mouth for saying I am a Gayhawk...have rooted for Missouri a time or two but not even for the Gayhawks when I went to one of their football games with free tickets...

You an idiot for not understanding the recruiting issues Iowa has had for 30 years, IT SNOWS, its COLD and a LOT for many 4 and 5 star recruits from the south and west...it doesn't have to be in "football" season, lol, school is longer than football season, lol

sometimes I can see why people keep saying "you know what Iowa stands for" yeah, yeah I heard before...your the type of guy that makes the answer make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, lets see any coach recruit FLA, CAL and TEX recruits to the tundra of Iowa...its not a recuits dream to deal with that much snow when they have never seen snow.

He has done a really good job to win as much as he has with lesser talent.

I've been saying this for years. Iowa has a lot of stereotypes-real and perceived, to overcome. It's tough getting warm weather kids to buy into Iowa unless they have lesser talent that isn't being targeted by the "southern powers" KF molds 2 and 3 stars into NFL talent. The power schools take 4-5 stars and mostly do nothing with them.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by the way under my avatar picture 2 lines down is says KCMO but inability to understand what it takes to recruit players to Iowa and understand a kids perspective when he can't leave Iowa because he is snowed in for the holidays pretty much tells me your ability to actually read where I currently live...

I expect to take crap from other schools but not the Hawkeye, Royals, Chiefs fans...been a fan too long of all three but do understand at this point in my life there are idiots in every group.

I will go on record again in my life and say I hate kansas gayhawks as well as the whole boring state.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and since you two geniuses have both been back on here and read this, you know you 2 both screwed up, thanks for the apology..

I even know I have been to more bowl games than either of you COMBINED starting with Iowa vs Florida in the Gator bowl...32-34 degrees that day...the stadium sold out of hot chocolate at half time and allowed fans to go to their vehicles and get back in after half...because nobody had freakin heavy coats....damn Florida fans chanting "who'dat, who'dat on dat football field" the whole game because of Wilber Marshall (if you even know who he is)...I was 11 or 12 and it was freakin awsome because the cold didn't bother me...thought florida in december was still warmer, lol.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ida Grove, IA, Quad Citys...kansas city missouri.....I am Iowa fan since 81...most likely longer than you

I should just punch you in the mouth for saying I am a Gayhawk...have rooted for Missouri a time or two but not even for the Gayhawks when I went to one of their football games with free tickets...

You an idiot for not understanding the recruiting issues Iowa has had for 30 years, IT SNOWS, its COLD and a LOT for many 4 and 5 star recruits from the south and west...it doesn't have to be in "football" season, lol, school is longer than football season, lol

sometimes I can see why people keep saying "you know what Iowa stands for" yeah, yeah I heard before...your the type of guy that makes the answer make sense.

wow, continue to come post and look like a total moron, I know it says KCMO you fool, I lived in downtown KC for 2 years on Quality Hill, then in Lee's Summit for 8 more, I worked for the Royals, been on the field, been in the stands, met George, met Frank, knew Byron, went down and met Cal...what's funny is you got called out and got into a tizzy, you want to play pedigree, ok, here you go:

I have been to games before Hayden, during Hayden and now during KF tenure, I met Lute Olson, met Raveling, met Davis, didn't like Alford, hated Lickless, haven't made it up for a Fran game but time will tell. Bowl game ooh...good for you, I admit haven't been to that, got to go to the World Series this year though. You have fun with your memories and I will keep mine. It's all good but don't come on here pretending like you know anything about snow pal.

I lived through the winter of 1977-78 when there was 6 foot of snow outside my house and helped my Dad shovel snow off the roof as a kid. Been through a -55 degree day in Iowa and still went to school...again who cares, those days are long past, Iowa doesn't get as much snow as they used to and any kid on the team can likely get a ride from his teammates who know how to drive in snow.

Cold in Iowa now is nothing like it used to be, how can Nebraska have had all those good teams under Osbourne in the same time period and how could Fry have done it, Iowa was #1 back in the day if you remember since you have been around so long...fans like you give Iowa a bad name, it's scary that anyone can use a computer these days.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way, if you are going to spell it, get it right, Quad Cities - can you name them without looking them up?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, unlike me, you have never lived in IOWA...to actually GO TO SCHOOL at Iowa all year (not just football season, the players actually have to attend classes at Iowa, can't speak of other schools) you have to deal with snow...coming from a place that has no snow, it is a shock to your system

You are funny. Nice (false) assumption you've made here. I do live in Iowa (have lived in many other places as well). I've graduated from the institution (and others). Snow isn't a shock to your system. It is the blistering cold/wind chill that an individual has to deal with. I'd guess that the Iowa football program has warm weather gear that they issue to their players. Besides, I'm pretty sure the parents/guardians of the individual on scholarship would ensure that their child had a warm coat, hat, gloves, and boots to wear in case the temperature dropped and snow was accumulating on the ground.

Last I checked...the University of Iowa doesn't have many (if any) outside classrooms regardless of the season.

Wouldn't you love to see warm weather teams play a football game in the snow up north in about -15 degree weather??? If the NFL can pull that off on a yearly basis, I'm thinking the collegiate level could also do the same (BCS-wise).

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, continue to come post and look like a total moron, I know it says KCMO you fool, I lived in downtown KC for 2 years on Quality Hill, then in Lee's Summit for 8 more, I worked for the Royals, been on the field, been in the stands, met George, met Frank, knew Byron, went down and met Cal...what's funny is you got called out and got into a tizzy, you want to play pedigree, ok, here you go:

I have been to games before Hayden, during Hayden and now during KF tenure, I met Lute Olson, met Raveling, met Davis, didn't like Alford, hated Lickless, haven't made it up for a Fran game but time will tell. Bowl game ooh...good for you, I admit haven't been to that, got to go to the World Series this year though. You have fun with your memories and I will keep mine. It's all good but don't come on here pretending like you know anything about snow pal.

I lived through the winter of 1977-78 when there was 6 foot of snow outside my house and helped my Dad shovel snow off the roof as a kid. Been through a -55 degree day in Iowa and still went to school...again who cares, those days are long past, Iowa doesn't get as much snow as they used to and any kid on the team can likely get a ride from his teammates who know how to drive in snow.

Cold in Iowa now is nothing like it used to be, how can Nebraska have had all those good teams under Osbourne in the same time period and how could Fry have done it, Iowa was #1 back in the day if you remember since you have been around so long...fans like you give Iowa a bad name, it's scary that anyone can use a computer these days.

your a fool in so many ways its hilarious....

1)Called out on what? I called you out that you don't even know what the worst recruiting issue is at Iowa

2) 77-78, I lived in Worthington mn...somehow, I am guessing we got a bit more snow..since we had to climb out of the 2nd story of our town house to get outside while people were riding snow mobiles over the spots where cars were parked..

3) also lived in Kalamazoo Michigan (when Magic played somewhere up there, since we are "name dropping" and Omaha Neb, (when Gill was QB) heck born in Chicago Ill (when Stan Makita rulled the earth)...I know that snow falls a bit heavy off of lake michigan but then again I don't know anything about snow

3) I don't give a rats ass who you have "met"...I actually wear a sweat suit that Dan Gable wore while coaching for one entire season, he was getting rid of it and a buddy got from the strength and conditioning coach. Had dinner with Tim Dwight's family

4) will give it to you, you got me on the ol' spelling of City's to Cities...aren't you briliant...the spell checker of a sports website is your biggest "burn" good job.

5) I got in a tizzy because "dumb and dumber" thought I was a Gayhawk fan, who wouldn't

6) you both jumped me like an Afgany on a sheep...you two were looking for a fight and didn't care who it was...

7) you two guys want me to cry that you use the Hawkeyes logo and not disparage the myths about education.

8, 9 and finally 10) blow me

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are funny. Nice (false) assumption you've made here. I do live in Iowa (have lived in many other places as well). I've graduated from the institution (and others). Snow isn't a shock to your system. It is the blistering cold/wind chill that an individual has to deal with. I'd guess that the Iowa football program has warm weather gear that they issue to their players. Besides, I'm pretty sure the parents/guardians of the individual on scholarship would ensure that their child had a warm coat, hat, gloves, and boots to wear in case the temperature dropped and snow was accumulating on the ground.

Last I checked...the University of Iowa doesn't have many (if any) outside classrooms regardless of the season.

Wouldn't you love to see warm weather teams play a football game in the snow up north in about -15 degree weather??? If the NFL can pull that off on a yearly basis, I'm thinking the collegiate level could also do the same (BCS-wise).

That is THE exact reason top recruits have said is the reason they DIDN"T pick Iowa, was the winters and what their is to do around the campus....

You can't be dumb enough to not know, you WALK between classes and if luck drive not walk home, come on, you said you were a graduate...

and again you have to know you screwed up by following moron #1's lead in trashing my post..just freakin admit it and show that you can admit when your wrong...I know I sure the hell can.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hold it, you are moron #1...the other guy is moron #2...after what he posted last...thought moron #2 was just accidently followed moron #1's lead.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes you read KCMO but you said I lived in Kansas...again, who is the moron and the one making shit up...lol...you really don't want to continue this...seriously.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this just keeps getting better and more entertaining the longer you can't admit your orginal mistake of assuming I was not an Iowa fan....lol...and I guess it will just keep going on until you do, lol.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....enter slide whistle noise and patients lining up to get meds from Nurse Ratched.....

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, mr piece of trash who lives in MN and wears hand me downs, don't even pretend you are an Iowa fan and that you live KC MO, KC KS, OPKS, whatever, Iowa fans that post on this board proudly come in with black and gold and every single one of us has a Hawkeye in our avi and we post about our love for the Hawkeyes...now we debate and go back and forth and while Hoops drives us nuts, I know he loves the Hawkeyes too.

You come in and bitch about snow and cold and that is why Iowa can't recruit and do it on a thread about Ferentz being one of the worst coaches...and try to tie that in to why he is on the list. Do you really think, after reading the boards that we are going to let an outsider come in and fake his way into this? You like the Hawkeyes you say, well any fool can sit behind a keyboard and type away, just as you have proven. You are a total jackass, you don't come to a board and just post like that, have some respect and learn your manners boy.

I fully believe that you are a troll, you have shown yourself to be a troll and you will continue to be a troll...you can't even name the Quad Cities for goodness sake. Bet you can't name John Wayne's hometown either and every Iowa kid is taught that one who grew up in your time as you say. Dan Gable's sweatpants, that's a good one, do you lick the crotch area in your spare time to get the taste of his ball sweat?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice that you are putting a negative on all my posts as well, class it up funny boy, you must be one of those guys who wears a condom to masturbate

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, mr piece of trash who lives in MN and wears hand me downs, don't even pretend you are an Iowa fan and that you live KC MO, KC KS, OPKS, whatever, Iowa fans that post on this board proudly come in with black and gold and every single one of us has a Hawkeye in our avi and we post about our love for the Hawkeyes...now we debate and go back and forth and while Hoops drives us nuts, I know he loves the Hawkeyes too.

You come in and bitch about snow and cold and that is why Iowa can't recruit and do it on a thread about Ferentz being one of the worst coaches...and try to tie that in to why he is on the list. Do you really think, after reading the boards that we are going to let an outsider come in and fake his way into this? You like the Hawkeyes you say, well any fool can sit behind a keyboard and type away, just as you have proven. You are a total jackass, you don't come to a board and just post like that, have some respect and learn your manners boy.

I fully believe that you are a troll, you have shown yourself to be a troll and you will continue to be a troll...you can't even name the Quad Cities for goodness sake. Bet you can't name John Wayne's hometown either and every Iowa kid is taught that one who grew up in your time as you say. Dan Gable's sweatpants, that's a good one, do you lick the crotch area in your spare time to get the taste of his ball sweat?

too funny, just too freakin funny, sad you just can't admit you screwed up...yeah your a real man, you never make mistakes. You are starting to prove, yes any fool can sit behind a keyboard.

I don't bitch about snow and cold, I hunt ducks and geese...I love the snow and cold it pushes them right too me, but recruits from FLA, TEX and CAL can't stand the snow and cold, lol. You can't even still reread what I stated correctly, lol.

Lets see..I got two negatives at the very beginning of this, from moron #1 and #2? why wouldn't i put negatives on your posts, they are all based on you inability to not being able to read correctly as well as not being able to admit you screwed up. I made one comment on why Iowa has problems getting recruits...no trolling and you two boneheads wanted to tee off on me...again blow me...you were wrong to do so, or your just dicks by nature and can't have a real conversation on the subject. Trolling doesn't equal a realistic and honest statement on actual reasons stated by recruits that WON"T attend Iowa. You keep thinking your high and mighty because your too proud to admit your mistake...lol

again with misspelling one word, thats all you have to justify any of this, lol, I don't know how to spell Bettendorf either, could tell you if its spelled right or not, my cousins went there...E Moline also...with AC EARL if you know who he was, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: