• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FEB 16 > Sitcom Draft

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't forget jimmy Fallon and Tracy Morgan. Always want to call him Tracy jordan

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really lost my love for SNL about the time Farley and Farrell left the show. Just haven't really cared for the cast much since then. A couple good exceptions like Tina Fey, and even though I don't like the politics behind it, Alec Baldwin's Trump is to die for. But, yeah...haven't watched anything but the occasional highlight of SNL in maybe a decade or more.

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really lost my live for SNL about the time Farley and Farrell left the show. Just haven't really cared for the cast much since then. A couple good exceptions like Tina Fey, and even though I don't like the politics behind it, Alec Baldwin's Trump is to die for. But, yeah...haven't watched anything but the occasional highlight of SNL in maybe a decade or more.

Same. Every time I try and give it a go, I realize why I stopped watching. Kristen Wiig leaving was my last straw.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to have hit a serious snag the last 2 days.
Bar is OTC until 12:19am CST.

source.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 - looks like 12hrs and counting. ....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really lost my love for SNL about the time Farley and Farrell left the show. Just haven't really cared for the cast much since then. A couple good exceptions like Tina Fey, and even though I don't like the politics behind it, Alec Baldwin's Trump is to die for. But, yeah...haven't watched anything but the occasional highlight of SNL in maybe a decade or more.
Baldwin's Trump is great. But I still love just about everything Kate McKinnon is involved with. She busts me up.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with another personal fav!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here are some clips from The League. If you guys haven't seen this show. The short premise is that it's a league of 8 fantasy football guys and about 40% of the show is about fantasy football and the other 60% is about pure insanity. The creators of the show gave an outline and some lines, but a lot of it was improved lines. They actually got real NFL football players to guest star in it too. J.J. Watt was on a few times and there is a priceless exchange with Antonio Gates in a hot tub. I do warn you though it is a show based on very crass humor, so if you don't like dick jokes or sex jokes or drug jokes it won't be your cup of tea, but for those of you that do, it might be the greatest show of all time. Enjoy!! You have a clip from when Ruxin ran into Antonio Gates in a hot tub after he had just blown up against him causing him to lose his game. A funny bit about Ruxin being "forever unclean". A nice conversation about spunk. The first episode when two of the members of the league negotiate a reduced sentence for a client in a trade for a draft pick. And the clip showing that one of the guys traded his first round draft pick for naming rights to one of the other member's kids (to which he names Chalupa Batman).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have The League on my list. I figured it would get eaten up by this group. Very surprised that this is the first pick from that show.

Also, love the Mama pick. That show kicked ass.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have The League on my list. I figured it would get eaten up by this group. Very surprised that this is the first pick from that show.

Also, love the Mama pick. That show kicked ass.
When the league was first coming out, and throughout its first season, I loved it. But then, it became like pretty much every other sitcom out there, just happened to have some fantasy football references. Fell out of love very quickly

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also considered Upright Citizens Brigade a sketch show and not a sitcom or they would have been at least 2 of my pics so far....Poehler, Walsh, and Besser - fucking great combo
I'd have drafted a few Kids in the Hall too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang right Candy would be gone - the guy was comic genius (for me mostly from his movies though - loved Uncle Buck - Planes, Trains and Automobiles - The Great Outdoors. ....

Yea, seems it's the same handful that are on here checking more than once a day - unfortunately. .... not sure if the initial interest is dwindling - or it's just real life stuff taking priority. ....
I couldn't post for a couple days this week.

"Insufficient Privaledges"

But Harold and Ford helped me thru the darkness.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the league was first coming out, and throughout its first season, I loved it. But then, it became like pretty much every other sitcom out there, just happened to have some fantasy football references. Fell out of love very quickly

I agree with both you and Bandit on this show.

Great stuff early on...however:
giphy-downsized-large.gif