• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Rock Singers of All Time

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Churck Berry
Carl Perkins
Buddy Holly
Jerry Lee Lewis
Eddie Cochran
Fats Domino
Bo Diddleu
Johnny Cash
Etc
I know you gotta try and all, but you’re answering the guy who said earlier the 50s were Elvis and Chuck Berry, according to what’s on his iPod. You might as well try to explain Bob Dylan to a bunch of 13 year old girls at a Hanna Montana concert, at this point.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a musician since I was six. I studied at the most prestigious contemporary music college in the country if not world. I've spent significant time with dozens of world-class musicians.

Wow, you too???

Tell me, are you also 6'3", 240, rich, buff and handsome?

Because we should totally hang out

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elvis just came along around the white place and the white time, that's all. lol

lotta sour grapes there.

None of the other whites could do what Elvis did. I agree with Ray's criticisms of Elvis copying others music. Elvis was putting a copy out that was good enough to desegregate music and it markets nationwide. It happening in the deep south in Bull Conner days … days where the state and local governments were the klan is nothing short of greatness.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we return to our previously scheduled thread:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"knowledgeable folks."

lolz.

I've been a musician since I was six. I studied at the most prestigious contemporary music college in the country if not world. I've spent significant time with dozens of world-class musicians.
The only instrument you ever played was the crotch bugle... :D

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Churck Berry
Carl Perkins
Buddy Holly
Jerry Lee Lewis
Eddie Cochran
Fats Domino
Bo Diddleu
Johnny Cash
Etc

they got notoriety, just didn't get the notoriety elvis got. why do you think that is? it's not as if elvis wasn't controversial, or was born with a sliver spoon.

meh, if you combined all their music out of the 50's, it might be equivalent to elvis's. i put together an all time rock top 1000, and could only include a smattering their music.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they never achieved near the fame elvis did for singing r&b, a genre that ray believes belong to blacks.

Seriously, if you truly think that Elvis F Presley had more talent than Ray Charles, please let me know so that I can never discuss music with you again.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he has all kinds of awards and achievements that still don't change the fact that he sucks a KFC bucket full of dicks.

I think Kanye West has something like the third most grammys of all time.

All that shit is a joke.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got notoriety, just didn't get the notoriety elvis got. why do you think that is? it's not as if elvis wasn't controversial, or was born with a sliver spoon.

meh, if you combined all their music out of the 50's, it might be equivalent to elvis's. i put together an all time rock top 1000, and could only include a smattering their music.
Elvis didn’t have music, he had hip thrusts and other people’s songs. When all you have to fall back on when arguing someone’s musical greatness is popularity, you lost.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kanye West has something like the third most grammys of all time.

All that shit is a joke.
Only when you aren’t trying to defend Elvis.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the other whites could do what Elvis did. I agree with Ray's criticisms of Elvis copying others music. Elvis was putting a copy out that was good enough to desegregate music and it markets nationwide. It happening in the deep south in Bull Conner days … days where the state and local governments were the klan is nothing short of greatness.

copied music? you mean copied a musical style?

i'm sure elvis didn't come out of the womb singing r&b rockabilly. but everyone acquired their style from somewhere.

elvis still had to be able to execute it and sell it. and he did in a time when it was frowned upon.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're quickly becoming the @Fitbud of the music forum.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copied music? you mean copied a musical style?

i'm sure elvis didn't come out of the womb singing r&b rockabilly. but everyone acquired their style from somewhere.

elvis still had to be able to execute it and sell it. and he did in a time when it was frowned upon.
No, copied music is correct.