• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Rock Singers of All Time

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's just your opinion. not the conventional one.

why should he be compared to people of an era that came after his own? styles change, technology changes, music changes.

i think his music, particularly in the 50's has stood the test of time. it's not only historic, it's exceptionally well done.
Can I compare him to those in his own era? Cuz there's like 10 off the top of my head that were way more talented and produced better music.

Elvis was pretty and white. Those were his best attributes.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody's being an elvis hugger, just acknowledging his greatness and contributions.

being a critic is the easiest thing in the world, especially regarding someone who at their peak @60 years ago.
The knowledgeable folks here recognize Elvis greatness. Don't pay any attention to the trolls here, particularly that inbred hillbilly from Georgia.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knowledgeable folks here recognize Elvis greatness. Don't pay any attention to the trolls here, particularly that inbred hillbilly from Georgia.

judging by his haters, he must be great. people who have mega popularity always have haters.

everybody who's anybody acknowledges his greatness.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
judging by his haters, he must be great. people who have mega popularity always have haters.

everybody who's anybody acknowledges his greatness.
Don't pay any attention to the haters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was marketable.

He is an icon tho, without a doubt, and no one can take that from him. But there were better artists at the time, just as there were better artists than Michael Jackson, when he was the "King of Pop", or better artists than Nirvana, when they were on top of things.

Popularity doesn't necessarily equate to the best.

Of course much of this is subjective, but there are definitely aspects of music where talent shines through. There were many more talented musicians than Elvis at the time.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was marketable.

He is an icon tho, without a doubt, and no one can take that from him. But there were better artists at the time, just as there were better artists than Michael Jackson, when he was the "King of Pop", or better artists than Nirvana, when they were on top of things.

Of course much of this is subjective, but there are definitely aspects of music where talent shines through. There were many more talented musicians than Elvis at the time.
Nonsense.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, you basically hate everything.
Awww, don’t be like that, just because you can’t contain, nor defend your little Elvis boner.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the knowledgeable folks here aren’t distracted by the hip gyrations and sweaty Vegas jumpsuits.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was marketable.

meh, you can't argue with success.

i went through 50's music, and added some to my rock collection on a flash drive. in the 50's, it just seems like there was elvis, some chuck berry, and then everybody else.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started a thread where everyone could list their favorite singers but not to criticize other folk's opinions.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i went through 50's music, and added some to my rock collection on a flash drive. in the 50's, it just seems like there was elvis, some chuck berry, and then everybody else.
That's why he was called the King of Rock N Roll.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh...yes you can. There are countless instances of massive success with no discernible talent whatsoever.

I guess Justin Bieber is fucking awesome? I would say success may actually be one of the worst barometers for overall talent.

There are many stupid people.