• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All aboard the Marty Bryant hype train

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley is unlikely to be placed on the ... - Fleaflicker

"St. Louis Rams running back ToddGurley is unlikely to be placed on the Physically Unable To Perform list as he continues to recover from knee injury, according to ESPN. Gurley is currently on the non-football injury list, but hopes to participate in individual drills at the start of camp, with an eye on full participation by the end of August. The rookie, who was selected 10th overall in the 2015 NFL Draft despite tearing his ACL last season, would have to sit out the first six games of the season if the team elected to place him on the PUP list.Gurley's status for Week 1 is still very much up in the air, but it seems as though he may be able to return within the season's first five games. Expect an update on Gurley's status once training camp begins later this week."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley is unlikely to be placed on the ... - Fleaflicker

"St. Louis Rams running back ToddGurley is unlikely to be placed on the Physically Unable To Perform list as he continues to recover from knee injury, according to ESPN. Gurley is currently on the non-football injury list, but hopes to participate in individual drills at the start of camp, with an eye on full participation by the end of August. The rookie, who was selected 10th overall in the 2015 NFL Draft despite tearing his ACL last season, would have to sit out the first six games of the season if the team elected to place him on the PUP list.Gurley's status for Week 1 is still very much up in the air, but it seems as though he may be able to return within the season's first five games. Expect an update on Gurley's status once training camp begins later this week."
lots of question marks for me

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't buy the Gurley one, spending a 1st rd pick and then risking him, when you realistically have no shot at a super bowl, maybe not even the playoffs, doesn't make any sense

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't buy the Gurley one, spending a 1st rd pick and then risking him, when you realistically have no shot at a super bowl, maybe not even the playoffs, doesn't make any sense
I won't risk it either, but I'm not about to bank on Mason, so avoid both.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't risk it either, but I'm not about to bank on Mason, so avoid both.
I like Mason.
Only one Week 1 starter from the Rams' offensive line in 2014 is still with the team. The fix to that problem? Drafting a league-high four offensive linemen.
^^ Couretsy of ESPN.
For Mason to come in with a terrible O-line, without a decent QB, with no other offensive weapons to speak of... and get almost 1000 all-purpose yards in 9 starts... it impresses me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mason.

^^ Couretsy of ESPN.
For Mason to come in with a terrible O-line, without a decent QB, with no other offensive weapons to speak of... and get almost 1000 all-purpose yards in 9 starts... it impresses me.
Still don't know if he got a decent QB, same weapons other then Gurley and it will take a while for the OL to gel, if it even does. If it does, most likely just in time to make Gurley shine. Gurley was drafted for a reason.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the line to gel and for Foles to show some promise may also keep Gurley on the sideline. Fisher may view Mason as a little more expendable - especially since he had some success with even worse offensive conditions in 2014.
I think Mason could be a sneaky play early in the year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the line to gel and for Foles to show some promise may also keep Gurley on the sideline. Fisher may view Mason as a little more expendable - especially since he had some success with even worse offensive conditions in 2014.
I think Mason could be a sneaky play early in the year.
SP is counting on it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't count on Gurley sitting on the sidelines. There was some shocked Rams fans, when they drafted him, and Fisher is running out of time to make progress in the division. Gurley will be in the lineup ASAP.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not meaning to sound sexist, but I'm from Missouri on this one.

Cardinals name woman to training camp coach position

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Cardinals have hired Jen Welter to coach inside linebackers through their upcoming training camp and preseason.

The Cardinals say Welter is believed to be the first woman to hold a coaching position of any kind in the NFL. Welter played running back and special teams in 2014 for the Texas Revolution of the Indoor Football League, becoming the first woman to hold a non-kicking position for a men's professional sports league.

"I am honored to be a part of this amazing team," Welter said on Twitter on Monday night.

Welter coached linebackers and special teams for the Revolution last season, becoming the first woman to coach in a men's pro football league. Her general manager with the Revolution was 2015 NFL Hall of Fame inductee Tim Brown.

Welter played linebacker for more than 14 seasons in the Women's Football Alliance, mostly with the Dallas Diamonds, where she helped the team win four championships. Welter holds a master's degree in sports psychology. A rugby player at Boston College, she also earned two gold medals on Team USA at the International Federation of Football Women's World Championships in 2009 and 2013.

A news conference was scheduled for Tuesday to introduce Welter and Levon Kirkland, a former Pro Bowl linebacker who is the inaugural participant in the Bill Bidwill Coaching Fellowship established to give recently retired NFL players a chance to coach in the league. He will work with outside linebackers for the next two seasons.

Four months ago at the NFL meetings, Arizona coach Bruce Arians was asked about the possibility of a woman coaching in the NFL.

"The minute they can prove they can make a player better, they'll be hired," Arians said.

Speaking to azcardinals.com on Monday, Arians said: "Coaching is nothing more than teaching. One thing I have learned from players is `How are you going to make me better? If you can make me better, I don't care if you're the Green Hornet, I'll listen."'

"I really believe she'll have a great opportunity with this internship through training camp to open some doors for her," Arians said.

It's the second such barrier to be broken in the NFL this year. The league announced in April that Sarah Thomas would be the first woman to be a full-time NFL official.

In the NBA, Becky Hammon is an assistant coach with San Antonio and served as the head coach for the Spurs' team that won the Las Vegas Summer League championship.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, we'll see how this goes.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot in Cleveland?

Coach Mike Pettine denies there's a "seeping rift" between he and GM Ray Farmer.

ESPN Cleveland reported last week that there was growing dysfunction in the organization. As the Browns embark on training camp, Pettine said he and Farmer are actually "singing from the same hymnal" after working through some of their differences in the offseason. Vegas has the Browns' win total at 6.5 this season. We'd bet one or both of Pettine and Farmer will be fired if they don't go 8-8.