• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too quick to be down on the Bills. We pretty much all thought they were idiots for trading away half the team this offseason, and they came out and surprised. Maybe this Peterman kid is impressing helloutta of them in practice. He certainly looked competent, albeit ever so briefly and in a good situation, Sunday. I'm saying give it a shot

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what really sucks is that the schedule was softening up for Tyrod - now who knows what you'll get from the rookie.

agree that it is too soon to dismiss the team, as they are a run-first, defense oriented team. But since their D has been so horrid recently, can't get the run game going, which in turn has crippled the passing attack.

one thing is for sure, no way can Peterman perform worse than Tyrod did against the saints, so can't fault the bills for changing, even if it seems counterproductive and is rarely (if ever) done in the NFL

as AvgJoe pointed out - when was the last time anyone can recall a QB of a team in playoff contention being benched, without being injured?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what really sucks is that the schedule was softening up for Tyrod - now who knows what you'll get from the rookie.

agree that it is too soon to dismiss the team, as they are a run-first, defense oriented team. But since their D has been so horrid recently, can't get the run game going, which in turn has crippled the passing attack.

one thing is for sure, no way can Peterman perform worse than Tyrod did against the saints, so can't fault the bills for changing, even if it seems counterproductive and is rarely (if ever) done in the NFL

as AvgJoe pointed out - when was the last time anyone can recall a QB of a team in playoff contention being benched, without being injured?
closest thing I can recall would be the 2012 Niners. Although Smith technically was injured, they still made the switch while he was more than healthy enough to reclaim the job week 12. If the Chiefs stumble out of the bye this year, might happen to him again

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too quick to be down on the Bills. We pretty much all thought they were idiots for trading away half the team this offseason, and they came out and surprised. Maybe this Peterman kid is impressing helloutta of them in practice. He certainly looked competent, albeit ever so briefly and in a good situation, Sunday. I'm saying give it a shot

They've been "high" on him since day one. And they've been "looking" for any excuse to move on from Taylor. I'm pissed, but I understand... and am very open to being proven wrong.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously they see something they really like in him and there is something they don't like in Taylor. I just hope the kid quickly develops chemistry with Benjamin ..... albeit, for selfish reasons. .... seems BUF may be moving towards becoming more of a passing team.....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterman graduated high school here in Jax so this is a little exciting for all the people here. I think he has a different skill set then Taylor and they clearly want to go down field more than they are currently.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins against Denver and Atlanta don't seem so big now. Our defense was turning the ball over like pancakes at a birthday party early in the year. Weird, and not like he was playing well early on, if at all... and he certainly isn't a "locker room guy", but ever since Dareus was traded, our defense has disappeared.

I say this, because our offense has to be able to be balanced, and Taylor, as much as it pains me to admit, doesn't excel at pre-snap reads. I love his avoidance of turnovers, but the intermediate passing game is nowhere to be found. Nothing I hate more than a throw that goes to the line of scrimmage.

Pocket presence could be lacking, but no way to determine that without a pocket. Right side collapses nearly every time.

The worst run defense game I've ever watched. Three and outs on half the drives may have had something to do with that, but there was no point in the game where the Saints struggled... probably had a harder time in practice.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins against Denver and Atlanta don't seem so big now. Our defense was turning the ball over like pancakes at a birthday party early in the year. Weird, and not like he was playing well early on, if at all... and he certainly isn't a "locker room guy", but ever since Dareus was traded, our defense has disappeared.

I say this, because our offense has to be able to be balanced, and Taylor, as much as it pains me to admit, doesn't excel at pre-snap reads. I love his avoidance of turnovers, but the intermediate passing game is nowhere to be found. Nothing I hate more than a throw that goes to the line of scrimmage.

Pocket presence could be lacking, but no way to determine that without a pocket. Right side collapses nearly every time.

The worst run defense game I've ever watched. Three and outs on half the drives may have had something to do with that, but there was no point in the game where the Saints struggled... probably had a harder time in practice.

Well, if their desire is to move on from Taylor, whatever they do, I just hope they give the kid a chance - they've put him in a very tough position this week. Across country against a pretty solid defense. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron Smith out against Philly this week, the Zeke-less cowboys might be staring down another beat down.
always been a Qb streamer, this season has been total hell, hard to trust Dak after how little they could get going without Zeke and Smith last week

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron Smith out against Philly this week, the Zeke-less cowboys might be staring down another beat down.
always been a Qb streamer, this season has been total hell, hard to trust Dak after how little they could get going without Zeke and Smith last week

The only somewhat good news on that front is that they will be throwing a lot once they are down 35-0 at the half. Philly has the best run defense so Dallas has no chance of running it. I'll bet if he can survive it he throws the ball at least 50 times, it's just a matter of whether they can keep him upright. And I watched that game last week and was completely baffled by the fact that they never really gave the left tackle help. He was clearly no match to block, but they kept leaving him on an island over there. Made no sense whatsoever. I'll bet they correct that a little this week and Dak has a big game (from a fantasy standpoint as they will still get the shit kicked out of them).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only somewhat good news on that front is that they will be throwing a lot once they are down 35-0 at the half. Philly has the best run defense so Dallas has no chance of running it. I'll bet if he can survive it he throws the ball at least 50 times, it's just a matter of whether they can keep him upright. And I watched that game last week and was completely baffled by the fact that they never really gave the left tackle help. He was clearly no match to block, but they kept leaving him on an island over there. Made no sense whatsoever. I'll bet they correct that a little this week and Dak has a big game (from a fantasy standpoint as they will still get the shit kicked out of them).

DMC has to be the best pass blocker on the team, or does he completely suck at that?
I can't remember

@TREFF maybe knows?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DMC has to be the best pass blocker on the team, or does he completely suck at that?
I can't remember

@TREFF maybe knows?
I do believe Rod Smith is considered the best in pass pro on the team. I can't recall anyone ever really praising DMC in that area, but he is "adequate", as I also can't recall anyone saying he sucked at it either

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Dallas completely dumbfounded me, in every aspect of their offensive gameplan..I have no idea what they'll try next.

If I were that little Opie Taylor wannabe, I would run a lot of two wide, two tight sets, most often leaving Hanna or Witten in to help that left tackle..and I'd play DMC, not sure who's cheerios he pissed in to ride pine behind friggin Alf

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Dallas completely dumbfounded me, in every aspect of their offensive gameplan..I have no idea what they'll try next.

If I were that little Opie Taylor wannabe, I would run a lot of two wide, two tight sets, most often leaving Hanna or Witten in to help that left tackle..and I'd play DMC, not sure who's cheerios he pissed in to ride pine behind friggin Alf

Yeah it was baffling to me that Dallas wasn't giving any help to the left tackle for the majority of those snaps. I'm sure after watching him get beat over and over again in film and in highlights all week they will probably put a tight end over there and chip with the running back . . . and roll Dak out to the right every play . . . or just punt on first down. Any are better options than just leaving him one-on-one and getting your quarterback killed over and over again.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would throw the ball to Dez every play! :D:D:D