• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be counter productive. Colts aren't doing anything this year. Kaep would cost them cap space, that they could put to better use next off season and he might....maybe....possibly actually help win a game or two which would hurt the Colts in next years draft. So it makes zero sense for the Colts to sign him IMO.

So you do agree Kaep is better than Scott whatever his name is?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you do agree Kaep is better than Scott whatever his name is?
In theory, but it's like which pile of crap smells the worse. Kaep would not help the Colts one bit, but he would be hell of a lot more expensive then Scott, with zero positive impact.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory, but it's like which pile of crap smells the worse. Kaep would not help the Colts one bit, but he would be hell of a lot more expensive then Scott, with zero positive impact.

disagree about him not helping. They should have reached out to him or even another capable backup knowing Luck would miss at least a few regular seasons. I think signing Kaep tomorrow wouldn't help much but I think if you gave him a few preseason games and time to learn the playbook then he would help IMO.

Their first 6 games are against the Rams, Cards, Browns, Seattle, 49ers, and Titans. IMO if they had Kaep on this team, they would go 2-4 or possibly 3-3 in those games. If Luck doesn't play in any of those games then they're going 0-6 IMO. That is a huge difference considering how bad their division is. 9 wins win the AFC South this year. By not finding Luck a capable backup, your season is ended before it even started.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree about him not helping. They should have reached out to him or even another capable backup knowing Luck would miss at least a few regular seasons. I think signing Kaep tomorrow wouldn't help much but I think if you gave him a few preseason games and time to learn the playbook then he would help IMO.

Their first 6 games are against the Rams, Cards, Browns, Seattle, 49ers, and Titans. IMO if they had Kaep on this team, they would go 2-4 or possibly 3-3 in those games. If Luck doesn't play in any of those games then they're going 0-6 IMO. That is a huge difference considering how bad their division is. 9 wins win the AFC South this year. By not finding Luck a capable backup, your season is ended before it even started.

You must think the Colts are contenders, they are not, even with Luck. Titans are going to win that division and would even if Luck was healthy for all 16 games. Kaep is a bust. He had a bit of success as a running QB early on in his career, but that's over. You haven't seen any of those game changing runs for a couple of years. As a pocket passer he's depressingly mediocre and that after many years in the league. Course he expects a salary that reflects him being a starter for all these years, certainly not going to accept a vet minimum. Broncos were interested before they drafted a QB, but wanted him to take a pay cut, he refused so they moved on. Would of been a near ideal situation for him, given the Broncos defense and great WRs. Too bad for Kaep, he'll likely never find another situation nearly as good. Could be he never plays again. I'll shed no tears for him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your not making the playoffs. . and they won't. . why would winning 3 games be a help? Sure the goal is to win games, but do you have any idea what they could get for a top 3 draft pick with the QB's set to come into the league next year? They could rebuild the whole Oline, maybe even a decent defensive player or two, and then be taken more seriously next year

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must think the Colts are contenders, they are not, even with Luck. Titans are going to win that division and would even if Luck was healthy for all 16 games. Kaep is a bust. He had a bit of success as a running QB early on in his career, but that's over. You haven't seen any of those game changing runs for a couple of years. As a pocket passer he's depressingly mediocre and that after many years in the league. Course he expects a salary that reflects him being a starter for all these years, certainly not going to accept a vet minimum. Broncos were interested before they drafted a QB, but wanted him to take a pay cut, he refused so they moved on. Would of been a near ideal situation for him, given the Broncos defense and great WRs. Too bad for Kaep, he'll likely never find another situation nearly as good. Could be he never plays again. I'll shed no tears for him.

I actually think Kaep could help a team out this year, not the Colts, but maybe a team that needs a season or two before they find "their guy" to be QB

but very well spoken/thought out here, liked this read today

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

spry.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not just tank if ur the colts get a top 3 pick and sell it for a boat load since there's a million qbs coming out

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not just tank if ur the colts get a top 3 pick and sell it for a boat load since there's a million qbs coming out

just a few reasons I can think of:

Jets, Bills*, Browns, 49ers

Not sure what the 5th best QB would be worth in a draft pick trade. Luck comes back for even half the season, Colts prob end up winning 4-5 games

*let me correct that real quick - the AFC East leading Bills - shout-out to @TKOSpikes

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask.

Who are these masses of incredible college arms? I'm hearing a lot about it lately.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask.

Who are these masses of incredible college arms? I'm hearing a lot about it lately.

any time I hear people talk about a bunch of QBs coming out, I always think about the 2011 class, not the '83 class where they all ended up being good.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a few reasons I can think of:

Jets, Bills*, Browns, 49ers

Not sure what the 5th best QB would be worth in a draft pick trade. Luck comes back for even half the season, Colts prob end up winning 4-5 games

*let me correct that real quick - the AFC East leading Bills - shout-out to @TKOSpikes
It's a 3 horse race between the jets, bills and Colts, Cleveland and SF might back into more wins than any two of them combined

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, Kap would make the Colts a 5 or 6 win team instead of 1-15, and what good would that do

the perfect spot for Kap now is Jacksonville, which will never happen, Tom Coughlin is as big a military/patriot as their is in the NFL

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask.

Darnald (USC) and Rosen (UCLA) look completely legit

Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma) is undersized, but drawing a lot of comparisons to Drew Brees at the same stage

Josh Allen (Wyoming) is a guy a lot of people like most, but him losing every weak makes it hard to evaluate

And the wildcard and possibly the greatest College QB ever, Lamar Jackson (Louisville) better pocket passer than people think, but he needs to shake the RG3 comparisons

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnald (USC) and Rosen (UCLA) look completely legit

Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma) is undersized, but drawing a lot of comparisons to Drew Brees at the same stage

Josh Allen (Wyoming) is a guy a lot of people like most, but him losing every weak makes it hard to evaluate

And the wildcard and possibly the greatest College QB ever, Lamar Jackson (Louisville) better pocket passer than people think, but he needs to shake the RG3 comparisons

My point exactly. Look legit is a wide analysis. Is that Goff/Wentz legit? Manning/Rivers legit? Manning/Leaf legit?
And Jackson is another 'not as good as', that will make me lose my mind.

(in case you haven't noticed, I'm asking as a Bills fan)... and to draft someone who might have potential to be as good as who is currently playing boggles my mind. I will freak out.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep likely wont ever play again in the league but its without a doubt not because he isnt good enough or cant help teams. ill leave it at that.