• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what really sucks, is that you know one of those cards RBs will beat up on the colts this weekend, just gotta get the right one

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he does not want to "wear" Christian McCaffrey's "batteries out."

"It’s like getting that new toy at Christmas," Rivera said. "You open up the box and there’s what you’d hoped for. But you also have to be wise and smart about when you play with it." It is an interesting analogy, but the meaning is clear. After McCaffrey played 70 percent of the snaps in the opener, the Panthers may look to get him more rest moving forward. Still, he will be on the RB2 map every week:suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Cardinals intend to re-sign Chris Johnson.

It makes sense after David Johnson was sent to injured reserve with a wrist injury. Johnson did not look great in the preseason, however, and the Cardinals kept Kerwynn Williams over him for a reason. Johnson is not guaranteed a role, but he is worth a speculative add in deeper leagues.:suds:

I was mulling over a Gurley and Julio for Johnson and Hopkins trade in my 3 team keeper league right before the draft. Phewwwww...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indy Star's Zak Keefer reports the Colts are "considering" making Jacoby Brissett their starter for Week 2.

We are not sure what there is to consider. Scott Tolzien was a dumpster fire against the Rams, and while Brissett has been with the team for less than two weeks, it makes sense to see what he can do. That said, the reality is this offense will at best be stuck in neutral until Andrew Luck is ready to go.:suds:

let the bisquit era begin:suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indy Star's Zak Keefer reports the Colts are "considering" making Jacoby Brissett their starter for Week 2.

We are not sure what there is to consider. Scott Tolzien was a dumpster fire against the Rams, and while Brissett has been with the team for less than two weeks, it makes sense to see what he can do. That said, the reality is this offense will at best be stuck in neutral until Andrew Luck is ready to go.:suds:

Jacoby comes in and tears up the league, forcing the colts into their own Dak vs Romo controversy this season???

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if only there were a free agent qb out there with SB experience who would be a massive improvement over what the colts have.......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only there were a free agent qb out there with SB experience who would be a massive improvement over what the colts have.......

He's a bigger distraction though. Teams no longer care about winning. That is obvious

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I know. Somehow the "distraction" he would cause is worse than them getting beat down on a regular basis.

But remember kaep isn't a top 64 qb in football lmao. Hilarious

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I know. Somehow the "distraction" he would cause is worse than them getting beat down on a regular basis.

That and he hasn't shown he can successful in anything other than a read option. Pretty sure most teams aren't going to be willing to implement a new offensive system just to accommodate a backup QB for 4 or 5 games. The Colts are willing to tank for a better draft pick if things aren't going well as they've shown in the past.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and he hasn't shown he can successful in anything other than a read option. Pretty sure most teams aren't going to be willing to implement a new offensive system just to accommodate a backup QB for 4 or 5 games. The Colts are willing to tank for a better draft pick if things aren't going well as they've shown in the past.

Exactly. Colts aren't contenders this year, might as well build for the future. Take your loses and get a better pick, save your cap space for next year.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Colts aren't contenders this year, might as well build for the future. Take your loses and get a better pick, save your cap space for next year.

I think they think their contenders if luck is healthy. Kaep might keep them in it till luck can return.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. He's better than Tolzien in every possible way regardless of system (and a lot of other QBs with jobs including starters).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they think their contenders if luck is healthy. Kaep might keep them in it till luck can return.

Naw, he didn't do much for the 49ers last couple of years. Think the 49ers won two games? Honestly even with Luck the Colts are just pretenders. Spending a few million on Kaep would be a waste of money. Theoretically he would be a improvement on what the Colts have, but it really won't move the needle any. He'd cost millions IMO to sign. Just won't make sense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, he didn't do much for the 49ers last couple of years. Think the 49ers won two games? Honestly even with Luck the Colts are just pretenders. Spending a few million on Kaep would be a waste of money. Theoretically he would be a improvement on what the Colts have, but it really won't move the needle any. He'd cost millions IMO to sign. Just won't make sense.

I mean I agree the Colts are awful. Even with luck they're really just bad. But there's no way kaep wouldn't me a massive upgrade. And if they think they're contenders....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I agree the Colts are awful. Even with luck they're really just bad. But there's no way kaep wouldn't me a massive upgrade. And if they think they're contenders....

It would be counter productive. Colts aren't doing anything this year. Kaep would cost them cap space, that they could put to better use next off season and he might....maybe....possibly actually help win a game or two which would hurt the Colts in next years draft. So it makes zero sense for the Colts to sign him IMO.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they think they are contenders. . unless we're talking contenders for the #1 pick

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he does not want to "wear" Christian McCaffrey's "batteries out."

"It’s like getting that new toy at Christmas," Rivera said. "You open up the box and there’s what you’d hoped for. But you also have to be wise and smart about when you play with it." It is an interesting analogy, but the meaning is clear. After McCaffrey played 70 percent of the snaps in the opener, the Panthers may look to get him more rest moving forward. Still, he will be on the RB2 map every week:suds:

what he say's and what actually will happen at the end of the season are two completely different things. They will "Work" the hell out of McCaffrey