• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Basketball opinions: Paul George

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there is no fantasy basketball board on here, I though I'd post this on the general board.

Anyway, I play in a h2h 8 category league (ft%, fg%, 3pm, asts, stls, blks, Rebs, and pts) where each category won and lost is included in your record instead of wins and losses. I am currently 3rd, and about 2.5 categories out of first place. My team includes Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, Al Jefferson, DJ Augustin, Ricky Rubio, Isaiah Thomas, Wesley Matthews, Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, Gorgui Dieng, Jared Sullinger, and two rotation spots where I pick up people based on match ups. With one of the rotation spots I picked up Paul George at the beginning of the all star break with the idea that a lot can happen in a week. Now he's supposed to come back right when the playoffs start. Should I hang onto him and give a little ground to my regular season opponents?2 of the 3 remaining ones are playoff opponents and the last one is the worst team in the league. I think I can still win out with him taking a spot on my team, but I can't be sure. I am pretty sure I am a lock for the playoffs right now because the 5th seed is about 8 categories behind me, and he's losing 7-1 while I'm winning by the same score.

The first seed is favorable because it gives you the tie break, and ties are very possible in this format.

So, should I hang onto him with hopes of him adding another great player to my team? Or should I cut him and keep adding 2 players playing back to back games in order to stuff the stat sheet as much as possible?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't claim to know the right answer, but given that you've held onto George for so long, how good a player he is, and that you are still contending to win your league, I think I'd probably hold onto him. Pacers still have a shot at the playoffs and George could put up some big numbers down the stretch.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't claim to know the right answer, but given that you've held onto George for so long, how good a player he is, and that you are still contending to win your league, I think I'd probably hold onto him. Pacers still have a shot at the playoffs and George could put up some big numbers down the stretch.

That's my idea.

And I just picked him up, so I really didn't hold into him too long, but I have been picking up injured players all year.