• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Baseball League

When should we do the draft?

• keep as is

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sunday 2:00 PM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 8:00 PM

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • fuck you I'll do autodraft.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the draft is now...i can't change it..

just got home from the movies en sech

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many actually showed up to draft?

Looking at my team now........:L

Fucking autodraft sucks ass......

I got 3 of the top 9 starters I had ranked and a total of 6 in the top 30.......Unless there are injuries, I shouldn't have to fuck with the waiver wire for pitchers......

Now I know I'm going to have to adjust my pitcher rankings down somewhat.....I don't mind drafting an ace high, but I don't need 3 of the top 10 pitchers at the detriment to the rest of my team.......that's why autodraft sucks......

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i auto drafted..never played fantasy bb before. i have no idea how the scoring works or anything like that, so i guess i will just go with these guys...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i auto drafted..never played fantasy bb before. i have no idea how the scoring works or anything like that, so i guess i will just go with these guys...

This is only my second year, but I'm a baseball geek.....

I will talk to 1217 and the other league folks to maybe make one last tweak to the categories......I brought up a couple things earlier with no response and the commish finally got rid of no-hitters as a category.....:D

Anyways......whatever categories we end up settling on, you compete each week in all categories......right now we have 7 batting and 7 pitching categories.....so think of it as a 14 game series each week and whichever team is better in each category gets a win for that stat.....

If for the week we play each other you have more home runs, you would get a "win" for that category and I would get a "loss".....if I have more runs batted in I get a "win" and you get a "loss"......so we would be 1-1 for those two categories......you just compete in each category for wins and losses and that's your total for the weekly matchup when you add up all the categories.....

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only my second year, but I'm a baseball geek.....

I will talk to 1217 and the other league folks to maybe make one last tweak to the categories......I brought up a couple things earlier with no response and the commish finally got rid of no-hitters as a category.....:D

Anyways......whatever categories we end up settling on, you compete each week in all categories......right now we have 7 batting and 7 pitching categories.....so think of it as a 14 game series each week and whichever team is better in each category gets a win for that stat.....

If for the week we play each other you have more home runs, you would get a "win" for that category and I would get a "loss".....if I have more runs batted in I get a "win" and you get a "loss"......so we would be 1-1 for those two categories......you just compete in each category for wins and losses and that's your total for the weekly matchup when you add up all the categories.....

so position players have no impact? like i get that i need someone from every position, but having a really good defensive shortstop that can't hit is pointless?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so position players have no impact? like i get that i need someone from every position, but having a really good defensive shortstop that can't hit is pointless?

No, defense has no bearing in this league.....and in 99% of fantasy baseball leagues.....

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The position players are extremely important for their bats......the fantasy game just doesn't normally care about their gloves......

And honestly that's about the only category of the game that isn't of much common agreement in how to numerically analyze defense in baseball.......

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The position players are extremely important for their bats......the fantasy game just doesn't normally care about their gloves......

And honestly that's about the only category of the game that isn't of much common agreement in how to numerically analyze defense in baseball.......

i guess that makes sense...i will have to take some time to feel out how the points are scored. i had to auto draft in the NFL fantasy league, and I ended up in second, so hopefully i have the same luck this time around haha

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess that makes sense...i will have to take some time to feel out how the points are scored. i had to auto draft in the NFL fantasy league, and I ended up in second, so hopefully i have the same luck this time around haha

You'll do fine.....this league is really shallow with only 10 teams, so there are plenty of good players available to pick up off the waiver wire....

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll do fine.....this league is really shallow with only 10 teams, so there are plenty of good players available to pick up off the waiver wire....

yeah but it will take me 2-3 weeks to figure out who i need to pick up from waivers haha

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but it will take me 2-3 weeks to figure out who i need to pick up from waivers haha

A quick glance at your roster, and you need at least one more closer.....the computer only drafted you 1, because Luebke although RP eligible is a starter....

I'm not going to give you suggestions on who to pick up off waivers though because I want to add another reliever myself....:p

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see anywhere in the commish tools as assssistant commish to look up your email.....

I did send a test message through the link that is available to email any member without seeing their email addy......so if you get a "test" email on one of your accounts, that's the one you signed up with.....;)

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will someone take a look at my team and just give me a "bueno" or "no bueno"???

i litterally do not know baseball. the last time i paid attention to it was the Astros run to the World series. i don't know any of these players....