• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fangio 3 year deal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears franchise is turning it around and going all in. I can't remember winning this much in January since 1985.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, excellent move... Should allow Nagy to focus on the O without as much of a worry about what's happening on D. <Obviously> :yes::thumb::clap::suds::nod:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, excellent move... Should allow Nagy to focus on the O without as much of a worry about what's happening on D. <Obviously> :yes::thumb::clap::suds::nod:
+ FA's will fight to get here now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ FA's will fight to get here now.

If we bring Fuller/Amukamara back, to pair with our newfound safety duo of Amos/Jackson. Add a pass rusher or two. Oh boy, oh boy...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now officially excited/optimistic about an upcoming Bears season, for the first time since we headed into the farce of a campaign that was 2014.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who sign 3 year deals, tying themselves down to a DC job through their 63rd birthday typically are eyeing HC'ing gigs "down the road"... right @Beengay fudgepackers ?

He still has his mid-60's and 70's to start that new endeavor in his career!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now officially excited/optimistic about an upcoming Bears season, for the first time since we headed into the farce of a campaign that was 2014.
Ya the future looks bright for the first time in a long long time. I still think were 2 years away from competing for a SB but if we draft well and do FA well then a WC next year is possible. What a time for our Div to be so strong.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the future looks bright for the first time in a long long time. I still think were 2 years away from competing for a SB but if we draft well and do FA well then a WC next year is possible. What a time for our Div to be so strong.

If you can win double-digit games, you can win the division. Have to take care of business in our divisional home games, and we have a shot.

Under Fox, we were an embarrassment against the division. Outside of our one Thanksgiving win vs GB and beating MIN on MNF in 2016. Only notable divisional wins.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kyle Fuller leave if we don’t tag him. My hunch is he hates it here.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kyle Fuller leave if we don’t tag him. My hunch is he hates it here.
I'm on the fence about him.

Part of me believes Fuller played better because he knew he was in a contract year.
Was looking at some preseason snippets.
He could have returned late in 2016 when fully healthy and declined.
Then in a few short months heading into 2017 it was speculated he'd be a roster bubble casualty.​
A player who needs that kind of motivation ($$$) will have a down year after he's paid.
IF he is that kind of player?​

tmp.png

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very rare for an OC 0r DC.

Good move.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of me believes Fuller played better because he knew he was in a contract year.
Then in a few short months heading into 2017 it was speculated he'd be a roster bubble casualty.​
A player who needs that kind of motivation ($$$) will have a down year after he's paid.

Just to be fair, i remember reading Fuller didn't want to play late 2016 because he claimed he was still hurt and the Bears were just telling him to suck it up. Not exactly the kind of the thing that would make a player want to stay. But who knows, it was all John Fox?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who sign 3 year deals, tying themselves down to a DC job through their 63rd birthday typically are eyeing HC'ing gigs "down the road"... right @Beengay fudgepackers ?

He still has his mid-60's and 70's to start that new endeavor in his career!
Why are you even bringing this up? This argument proved you to be a liar, a moron, and someone wih no clue as to what’s going on with this team. I let it die without rubbing your face in it. And now that fangio became dc, which I said I thought was a good thing, and you want to bring it up again? Yes, I still think he wants to be a HC. If the bears have the number one defense next year, Fangio will be a HC somewhere the following year. I don’t know why a whopping 3 year contract would change your mind. I honestly don’t know how you can even argue what you are arguing. It’s just a stupid fucking argument about someone you clearly have no clue about.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuller was more inconsistent, but still pretty solid in 2015.

He wasn't healthy in 2016... it's not a big deal. You can't just fake the skills he flashed this past season. He's always had tremendous raw ability. Contract years motivate everybody. This is nothing new.

If we let him go, that's really... very bad for us.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you even bringing this up? This argument proved you to be a liar, a moron, and someone wih no clue as to what’s going on with this team. I let it die without rubbing your face in it. And now that fangio became dc, which I said I thought was a good thing, and you want to bring it up again? Yes, I still think he wants to be a HC. If the bears have the number one defense next year, Fangio will be a HC somewhere the following year. I don’t know why a whopping 3 year contract would change your mind. I honestly don’t know how you can even argue what you are arguing. It’s just a stupid fucking argument about someone you clearly have no clue about.

I let it die without rubbing your face in it

LMAO. Does your conceited little fucking attitude and delusions no ZERO bounds? You made a fool out of yourself in that argument. My god. This is hilarious. Rub my face in what? I was right.

Is this another one of your "toot your own horn" posts? How embarrassing. You come off as being mentally ill right now.

You actually think I did anything other than run circles in logic around you? It's just astounding listening to you. How could you possibly rub my face in anything? Look at what position he just signed on for, you dip shit. It's amazing... utterly astonishing you are.

You have the IQ of a barn animal.

A liar? Name one thing I "lied" about... Holy shit dude. I merely used common sense to illustrate what the overwhelmingly most likely conclusion.

Name what I lied about
Name what you could possibly "rub my face in"

There's only one way you could dream of doing that, and that's if Vic Fangio lands a HC'ing job. Hell, interviewing for one would at least be a start.

I don’t know why a whopping 3 year contract would change your mind.

Change my mind? My mind hasn't been changed, stupid. How stupid are you? I have the same opinion I have since this interaction with your stupid ass began.

Yes, coaches with HC'ing aspirations, who go into the open market... AGAIN... at age 60. Always go without interviewing for a HC'ing gig.

He's had FIVE... one, two, three, four, FIVE different NFL DC jobs. Along with bein a special assistant HC in Baltimore.

He was even successful as a DC in college with Stanford. However, he has never moved anywhere but laterally to other DC jobs. Hmmm... makes ya fuckin wonder? Doesn't it Beengay? You doddering douche.

If the bears have the number one defense next year, Fangio will be a HC somewhere the following year.

Oh, do you mean like he did after coaching up a perennially elite defense in San Fran? The what? 4th or 5th job he had success at as DC. Bahahaha

He has been qualified for a very long-time, and has NEVER interviewed. We just hired a coordinator who called a grand-total of 5 games, you utter and complete moron. Do you know how long Fangio has been doing this, and doing it a high level?

Beengay, name ONE... ONE coach in the modern era. Who has gotten his FIRST EVER HC'ing job in his SIXTIES. I'll be waiting with bells on. Dip shit.

Oh, and this really sounds like a guy hungry for a HC'ing gig. Vic Fangio hasn't thought about becoming an NFL head coach