• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F YOU! MARINERS

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair they had to trade Tino, problem was they chose Hitchcock. The biggest issue with the potential dynasty was Chuck spending so much time sucking Scott Boras' balls.

They didn't have to trade Tino they chose to. Tino has said many times that he wasn't looking to break the bank and wanted to stay. He said they never bothered to ask him what it would take and the deal Yankees gave him was way more than he was going to ask the M's for.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair they had to trade Tino, problem was they chose Hitchcock. The biggest issue with the potential dynasty was Chuck spending so much time sucking Scott Boras' balls.

Actually there is no salary cap so they didn't HAVE to trade Tino ... I mean my god, why would you trade such a great player to the team that you just battled with so closely... Yanks got Tino, Nelson and Sojo... LMAO .... HORRIBLE!!! I"ve never forgiven the M's ownership for that ridiculous decision ... It just proved to me without a doubt they don't care about winning a title, they don't care ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have to trade Tino they chose to. Tino has said many times that he wasn't looking to break the bank and wanted to stay. He said they never bothered to ask him what it would take and the deal Yankees gave him was way more than he was going to ask the M's for.

Exactly!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we will have to agree to disagree cause even had he not wanted to break the bank the Mariners didnt have any extra cash to give him a decent offer. I cant fault them at all and thought it was wise that they dealt him just they picked the wrong pitcher in hindsight and Davis didnt reach his perceived potential.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a dumpster fire at this point. What a fucking joke of an organization.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will have to agree to disagree cause even had he not wanted to break the bank the Mariners didnt have any extra cash to give him a decent offer. I cant fault them at all and thought it was wise that they dealt him just they picked the wrong pitcher in hindsight and Davis didnt reach his perceived potential.

you are confusing 'not having the money' with 'not wanting to spend the money'. big difference and there was no excuse for trading him then and makes no sense now as well.

they didn't pick the wrong (with one exception) players they settled for the wrong players after asking for pettitte and getting turned down.

The exception:

"I didn't like the idea that was proposed," Seattle General Manager Woody Woodward told The Associated Press, referring to what he termed the Yankee effort to trade Hitchcock and Posada for Martinez and reliever Bobby Ayala. Watson said of his dealings with Woodward, "We'll continue talking."

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see,now you brought back NIGHTMARES of Ayala,every time i see that idiot run out to the mound my blood would boil,then he married Lou's daughter and they RESIGNED HIM!

I remember that.... :gaah:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Montgomery has thrown in his towel.

And Lincoln is laughing it up as usual.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on this team for good when Armstrong left and La Russa expressed interest in the president position and the Mariners didn't even bring him in for an interview. They just promoted another yes man from within. I can't care about a team that doesn't care about winning. And this team doesn't. And they never will until new ownership is in place. Once that happens then I can start caring again. Until then, Seattle may as well not have a MLB team. You can really make they argument that they don't anyway.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on this team for good when Armstrong left and La Russa expressed interest in the president position and the Mariners didn't even bring him in for an interview. They just promoted another yes man from within. I can't care about a team that doesn't care about winning. And this team doesn't. And they never will until new ownership is in place. Once that happens then I can start caring again. Until then, Seattle may as well not have a MLB team. You can really make they argument that they don't anyway.

Lol I remember that