• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex Washington Coach Don James dies

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TERRIFIC PAC COACH...TOP 5 ALL TIME IN THE PAC FOR SURE.

I'll NEVER forget how he was "railroaded" out of his HC position @ Washington. The man NEVER deserved that for helping the University and young men out up there the way he did.

To him, his family and his close associates, I raise me glass to thee...Mr. James, YOU ARE all about Huskie football.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those early 90s washington teams were no joke.

You tellin me....

THey took care of business. You could feel the Husky vibe in a small coastal town in Oregon.

It was big time.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don James was 16-5 against the Big 10.

8-1 at Home
4-2 on the road
4-2 on Neutral (bowl)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen it coming for a while, but it doesn't make it any easier when this day comes.

RIP Dawgfather. Bow Down.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Dawgfather. Thank you for so many wonderful and memorable years with UW football throughout my childhood on up to my adult years. You will be missed coach.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don James:

1 National Championship (12-0 record in 1991)

10 Bowl wins

4 Rose Bowl wins

6 Pac Titles

3 times PAC coach of the year

Multiple national coach of the year awards

Total HC record: 178-76

R.I.P DawgFather :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don James:

1 National Championship (12-0 record in 1991)

10 Bowl wins

4 Rose Bowl wins

6 Pac Titles

3 times PAC coach of the year

Multiple national coach of the year awards

Total HC record: 178-76

R.I.P DawgFather :suds:

This is insane and I wasn't even alive yet. Man im really young.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming home from work tonight I of course had sports radio on and who did Dave Mahler have on as a guest? Nick freaking Saban. They said after the piece that they could tell even from the SID at bama that this was something important for coach Saban. Normally when a small station across the country sends in a request for air time for a coach of his status they are given a quick and polite no. This was something different. Coach James was a huge influence in his life and his career and he really wanted to take the time to tell the fans up here how much he meant to him and how it shaped his life.

Those of you bama fans who want to know a little about how your HC started his career might want to hear the short interview he gave.

Nick Saban 10-25

Thanks coach. Really classy thing to do for a fan base far away from you. :suds:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming home from work tonight I of course had sports radio on and who did Dave Mahler have on as a guest? Nick freaking Saban. They said after the piece that they could tell even from the SID at bama that this was something important for coach Saban. Normally when a small station across the country sends in a request for air time for a coach of his status they are given a quick and polite no. This was something different. Coach James was a huge influence in his life and his career and he really wanted to take the time to tell the fans up here how much he meant to him and how it shaped his life.

Those of you bama fans who want to know a little about how your HC started his career might want to hear the short interview he gave.

Nick Saban 10-25

Thanks coach. Really classy thing to do for a fan base far away from you. :suds:

I heard that, pretty cool move for him to take the time. Did you listen to the Honks' tribute show earlier in the week? I love listening to the guys who had working relationships with Don James talk about how awesome he was.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did. I have heard a lot of the radio coverage over the last week. I loved hearing Lambright talk about the loss to I believe it was UCLA in '87? that was so bad that after the game and the coaches had time to evaluate the players James had all of the defensive coaches join him in a meeting where he said he wanted all of them to tell him if they played that game 3 more times would they win any of them with that defense and they went around the room and every one of them shook their heads no. After that he told them to go back to the drawing board and rebuild the defense by next game. It was that game that planted the seed of what would lead to that total domination by the '91 team and the defense in general over that era.

I still say that '91 team had the best defense this conference has ever seen even including the Carroll teams.