• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex USC and Jets RB Joe McKnight shot to death

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy needs to be executed. No jail. Pussy ass America won't allow that.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the guy was released, but the police are still investigating.

How do you get released from that? He admitted to shooting a guy and the cops release him and not even charge him?

Last edited:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get released from that? He admitted to shooting a guy and the cops release him and not even charge him?

Although information is still limited, it's starting to sound like this was a road rage incident. The shots were fired from inside the shooters car. So McKnight may have been the aggressor. In LA, there are 'stand your ground' & 'shoot a carjacker' laws in play.

If it is the case that McKnight was the aggressor & approached the vehicle in an aggressive manner, this very well may be a lawful shooting.

It's still too early to make a judgement either way, but I thought I would just pass on this information as to what's going on & why the shooter hasn't been charged.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although information is still limited, it's starting to sound like this was a road rage incident. That the shooter, whether accidentally or not, cut off McKnight, thus escalating from there. Considering that the shots were fired from inside his car & McKnight's vehicle was on the scene, that leads some to think that McKnight was the aggressor. And in LA, there are 'stand your ground' & 'shoot a carjacker' laws in play.

If it is the case that McKnight was the aggressor & approached the vehicle in an aggressive manner, this very well may be a lawful shooting.

It's still too early to make a judgement either way, but I thought I would just pass on this information as to what's going on & why the shooter hasn't been charged.

I just read that it might've been self defense. Ok, I get that McKnight might've been the assessor here. But the guy shot McKnight and then proceeds to drag him out of his own car to shoot him again? That last part doesn't sound like self defense to me.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the witness account report earlier in this thread was not true. There was no witness account of any “apology” being made by McKnight to Gasser.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the guy shot McKnight and then proceeds to drag him out of his own car to shoot him again? That last part doesn't sound like self defense to me.

What are you talking about? The shooter fired 3 shots from his vehicle, as confirmed by the 3 shell casings found in the vehicle. McKnight wasn't in his own vehicle at the time he was shot. McKnight was standing next to the passenger side window.

Who knows what was going on. The shooter could have perceived a nonexistent threat or McKnight could have been aggressively shouting at the shooter as he was standing there.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? The shooter fired 3 shots from his vehicle, as confirmed by the 3 shell casings found in the vehicle. McKnight wasn't in his own vehicle at the time he was shot. McKnight was standing next to the passenger side window.

Who knows what was going on. The shooter could have perceived a nonexistent threat or McKnight could have been aggressively shouting at the shooter as he was standing there.

There were reports yesterday that said McKnight was dragged out of his car and the guy shot him and stood over him. I have not read the updated stuff yet.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shooter then “stood over” the victim and said “I told you don’t f--k with me” before firing another shot, according to the witness.

This is why initial media reports of witness statements shouldn't be regarded as true.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were reports yesterday that said McKnight was dragged out of his car and the guy shot him and stood over him. I have not read the updated stuff yet.

Don't believe everything you read from media 'witness' accounts of the incident.

See Ferguson & North Caroline for the reason why.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sheriff just held a press conference about an hour ago. He released some details & hinted this may be a 'stand your ground' case.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a tragedy but I always get worried when people interject a person's character into the story before the facts are known.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just don't know enough to make a decision.

How I see it, if there are no witnesses, then its the shooter word against a dead man's word and dead people don't talk, so more than likely, the shooter would get off

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just don't know enough to make a decision.

How I see it, if there are no witnesses, then its the shooter word against a dead man's word and dead people don't talk, so more than likely, the shooter would get off

The evidence talks as well. Without witnesses, the evidence in a case becomes important.

From initial statements by the sheriff, there does seem to be evidence supporting a 'stand your ground' case. If they do find a witness who actually saw the incident, that could change or support that theory.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some details on what happened. That fucker that shot him should fry. Who the fuck does shit like that?

POS white supremacist.

If the shooter were black.....he'd still be in custody.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspect had a run-in with the law 10 years ago.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspect had a run-in with the law 10 years ago.

A run-in over what? He has no criminal record in LA.

I love how when a white guy is involved in a shooting of a black person, they are called a white supremacist...:L

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time of his death.....McKnight was about to be signed by the Vikings.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of road rage videos on youtube and the now debunked witness account from yesterday was really suspect now that I think about it.
Because unless there's been a collision between vehicles, there's really no reason to leave your vehicle to apologize, you can apologize with gestures, body language, maybe yell. And I didn't hear of any collision reported.