• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything is going to be okay. Shawn says so!...

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Book List for Eichoke.

sayings-winning-isnt_11943-3.png

Go Big Red by Michael Babcock

The Game of the Century by Michael Corcoran

Red Zone: The Greatest Victories by Nebraska Football by Tom Shatel

Devaney by Bob Devaney

The Nebraska Way by Jonathan Crowl

Tom Osborne on Leadership by Pat Williams and Michael Babcock

If these Walls could talk by Jerry Murtaugh

That First Season by John Eisenberg

winning-and-reaching-heights.png

Has Eichoke bought any land for putting that brick by brick building on?
Does he have any building permits?
Has a foundation been poured?
Did he put in drainage tile?
Just what are those bricks made out of?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Urban is who took Boise state to next level

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are fools. It was Saban

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Urban is who took Boise state to next level
Dirk Koetter/Dan Hawkins cultivated what has become Boise State. Hawkins went 53-11 there, and then promptly crapped his pants at Colorado, again proving that all jobs are not equal.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk Koetter/Dan Hawkins cultivated what has become Boise State. Hawkins went 53-11 there, and then promptly crapped his pants at Colorado, again proving that all jobs are not equal.

A lot of people credit Chris Peterson (OC) for Hawkins success at Boise St.

That doesn't explain Koetter going (10-3)(10-2) the two years prior to Hawkins taking over Boise St though.
Hawkins was an "assistant" on Koetter's staff. Whatever that means?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people credit Chris Peterson (OC) for Hawkins success at Boise St.

That doesn't explain Koetter going (10-3)(10-2) the two years prior to Hawkins taking over Boise St though.
Hawkins was an "assistant" on Koetter's staff. Whatever that means?
Koetter's success is attributable to Hawkins? Idk :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what one person does in one place won't necessarily translate to another. Look at Bohl at Wyoming, not exactly doing much of anything moving up to the big boys. and that's a league i really thought he could compete in considering it isn't that much of a step up from where he was.

Al Golden - he built temple to mediocre and was a hot name on a lot of lists for jobs, Miami was a talent rich place, you'd think he would have succeeded, but that didn't work out.

this list could probably go on forever, some things just don't click be it, the coaches, the players, the fanbase, the administration and you have to have the right circumstances as well. MR was setup to fail by a lot of people, most notably SE because SE really didn't know jack about the state of the program because he didn't spend enough time talking with Pelini and the team.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MR was setup to fail by a lot of people, most notably SE because SE really didn't know jack about the state of the program because he didn't spend enough time talking with Pelini and the team.
While I agree with you that neither knew the situation, I don't think either of them would have done anything differently than what they did. SE would have still tried to hire MR, and MR still would have come.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point t Iwould take any coach that has a heart beat. Say what you want about Bo but at least he was fighting for us.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point t Iwould take any coach that has a heart beat. Say what you want about Bo but at least he was fighting for us.

I wonder if Eichorst came in hating Bo for no reason, so he gave him shit at every turn? Maybe that's why Bo got even angrier after west coast Eichorst became our AD.

As bad as Bo was at times, he was still better than west coast Riley is.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really much of the same thing Bo won a lot of games he could have should have lost.

MR lost a bunch of games he could have should have won.

Butt fucking Purdue tho?!?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve pederson and Harvey fucked us after they fired Frank

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you that neither knew the situation, I don't think either of them would have done anything differently than what they did. SE would have still tried to hire MR, and MR still would have come.

Agreed

Riley wasn't hired out of a history of success in football. He was hired solely because people liked him as a person. Eichorst decided to hire him within hours without even vetting other coaches. I doubt he even looked at Riley's records before he offered him the job.

Bopleeny was fired on Sunday November 30th.

"After the meeting at the stadium (Bopleeny firing announcement), Eichorst turned his attention to the search.

"I wasn't looking at people at that point," Eichorst said. "I was just thinking about qualities in people."

By Monday morning, Dec. 1, Eichorst said he "was fixed" on Riley"

So he had no plan when he fired Pleeny. Made a decision on the new guy within hours. Did not consider what type of offense he'd be installing. What his prior success was on the field, and placed no requirements for assistant coaches.

Eichorst did not know the fan base enough to know that they were up to their ears with previous coaches (HWSNBN and Pleeny) hiring and retaining assistants for the sole purpose that they were giving longtime loyal buddies great jobs to raise their families with.

Last edited:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what one person does in one place won't necessarily translate to another. Look at Bohl at Wyoming, not exactly doing much of anything moving up to the big boys. and that's a league i really thought he could compete in considering it isn't that much of a step up from where he was.

Al Golden - he built temple to mediocre and was a hot name on a lot of lists for jobs, Miami was a talent rich place, you'd think he would have succeeded, but that didn't work out.

this list could probably go on forever, some things just don't click be it, the coaches, the players, the fanbase, the administration and you have to have the right circumstances as well. MR was setup to fail by a lot of people, most notably SE because SE really didn't know jack about the state of the program because he didn't spend enough time talking with Pelini and the team.

True, but hiring a coach that had multiple losing seasons like west coast Riley has, was a crazy stupid hire.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, Pleeny needed to be replaced. I'm happy Eichorst had the huevos to fire the ass-hat.

I just think he made a grave mistake in not taking more variables into hiring a new coach other than him being a nice guy.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean you have to know that hiring anyone with a record even close to .500 has a chance to go south Riley fast. And it sure as shit did.

Bo made winning look really hard at times, Riley is making it look impossible. Nebraska is a damn Ferrari not a shopping cart.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo made winning look really hard at times, Riley is making it look impossible. Nebraska is a damn Ferrari not a shopping cart.
Bo left Riley with a shopping cart. You can't honestly look at our roster and tell me we are a good team. That's not Riley's fault.