• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone sign the Thank You Card

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because we used the pick we got from KC for Alex Smith to draft him...

No, we used the 2012 pick from them to pick Carradine. But as Sickness mentioned above, apparently the pick we traded for Lemonier came from them? I see now that's correct. Titans gave us 40, next year's third rounder, and 216 for #34. We used 216 to trade up for Lemonier. God, that trade back to 40 was awesome. If Carradine pans out, that'll be a great move.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we used the 2012 pick from them to pick Carradine. But as Sickness mentioned above, apparently the pick we traded for Lemonier came from them? I see now that's correct. Titans gave us 40, next year's third rounder, and 216 for #34. We used 216 to trade up for Lemonier. God, that trade back to 40 was awesome. If Carradine pans out, that'll be a great move.
I would be almost positive that Tank will be a positive for the 9ers' future when he gets healthy. A great pick IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Just saw that you posted effectively the same thing immediately above my post.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of what the Niners got for trading down from the 33rd pick of the draft was used to trade up for Lemonier. So it wasn't exactly Tank, Lemonier & next year's pick; it was Tank, Next year's pick and the pick(s) used to trade up to get Lemonier.

Then on top of that, Lemonier has looked like a beast out there during these two games.

I can't wait to see what Tank will do when healthy.

I'm envisoning a snap that will have Cowboy and Tank in the middle, with Lemonier and Aldon on the line at the same time in nickel formation.

:hope:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thanking Baalke but this is a sideways move really. I'm hoping that Baldwin can work with Boldin and the receiving coaches on some of his issues and turn his career around but after watching him through his career I'm a bit skeptical.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the AJ trade. Baldwin sucks.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Baldwin sucks. But at this point AJ sucks harder.

Bullshit. Baldwin in the league 3 years can't catch can't run routes and is dumb as shit. AJ needs to learn how to beat press coverage and never had a shot. He was getting open but McCoy and Tolzien can't throw worth a fuck. And when he does beat press coverage Tolzien under throws one pass for an int. overthrows a pass for an int. Then when he gets a good pass its a holding call. Yes he fumbled on his only catch that counted but he was also close to busting that for a TD.

I think that the 9ers made this trade to cut Baldwin. The 9ers don't need another WR and they are doing this move to clear money space for next year to re-sign Kaepernick and the year after for Aldon and Crabtree

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bullshit. Baldwin in the league 3 years can't catch can't run routes and is dumb as shit. AJ needs to learn how to beat press coverage and never had a shot.

AJ can't catch nor hold on to the football the rare time(s) he does / did. His little stick arms aren't strong enough to hold the ball. At least Baldwin has 10 1/8 inch hands, 33 5/8 inch arms & has a 42 inch vertical. He can get basketball-player separation & catch the ball.

And then there's blocking. AJ Jenkins might be the worst blocking WR in the NFL.

I'm not being a homer on this one. Check the GDT: I said I'd take Baldwin on the 49ers (and was the only one who did) when he was dropping balls on Friday.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is big. But has nothing else. Blocking? He is known to be an extremely poor blocker. He is slow. Ran a 4.5 and hands of stone. He will be cut after the next preseason game

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is big. But has nothing else. Blocking? He is known to be an extremely poor blocker. He is slow. Ran a 4.5 and hands of stone. He will be cut after the next preseason game

This post is dead wrong.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The more football I watch, the more emphasis I put on a WR being able to take and deliver hits. Jenkins can do neither. Boldin never made any Olympic sprinting teams, but the dude is tough as nails. I mean how often does a WR get up to top speed running a slant or a quick out? I don't want a guy who can't hold on to the ball, who goes down easy like top-shelf liquor or who gets alligator arms / slows down over the middle. That was describing AJ Jenkins to a tee.

These are the reasons DeAndre Hopkins was drafted ahead of Cordarrelle Patterson and why I think Marqise Lee will be drafted ahead of Sammy Watkins. Hopkins / Lee are just stronger / tougher than Patterson / Watkins (although Patterson is pretty tough). And Baldwin is 10 times tougher than Jenkins.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter anyway

WR core for the Niners will be:

Boldin, Crabtree, Williams, Manningham, Moore, Patton and Collie Lockette and Osgood will play until Crabtree and Manningham comeback. Baldwin just doesnt fit

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thread deserves to be nominated for the HOF by end of training camp. For those who don't know, at SportsHoopla we have Hall of Fame threads.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more football I watch, the more emphasis I put on a WR being able to take and deliver hits. Jenkins can do neither. Boldin never made any Olympic sprinting teams, but the dude is tough as nails. I mean how often does a WR get up to top speed running a slant or a quick out? I don't want a guy who can't hold on to the ball, who goes down easy like top-shelf liquor or who gets alligator arms / slows down over the middle. That was describing AJ Jenkins to a tee.

These are the reasons DeAndre Hopkins was drafted ahead of Cordarrelle Patterson and why I think Marqise Lee will be drafted ahead of Sammy Watkins. Hopkins / Lee are just stronger / tougher than Patterson / Watkins (although Patterson is pretty tough). And Baldwin is 10 times tougher than Jenkins.

Julio Jones is three times tougher than AJ Green, but Green got drafted ahead of him.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better all hope that the Chiefs are not "Indian Givers" :rollseyes:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrows put it best, Jenkins was going to get killed going up against Sherman and Browner twice a year, assuming he gets into games at all. When a reporter says that you go down in practice by "phantom contact", I can't imagine Harbaugh and the rest of the team putting up with that. The rest of Barrows column is illuminating too -- didn't go to the weight room early like the rest, even though he clearly needed to do more, showed up 12 days after Kaepernick started working with receivers. God knows if I was a football player I'd probably be more like Jenkins than Kaepernick, but that's one of the many reasons why I'm not a football player.