• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everett Golson transferring

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on crack. The first year he started he needed Tommy to come in when the games got close. This past year he was benched at the end of the year on a team that was unranked. He hasn't had one good year and he's a fifth year senior. Top 10? dream on.

He probably meant by stats. There are only 5 returning QB's that finished last year with more passing yards than Golson, probably the same with respect to the number of touchdowns. With his entire starting line back, and all his wide receivers back it's not unreasonable to think that there might be only a few others that would pass him up. If he remained the starter. The problem is he wasn't going to be the starter.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My source close to the situation says he's transferring to DeVry University.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it interesting, that he compares it to the salary cap..."It's a salary cap right? You got to get to your salary cap"

never heard a college coach talk out loud about it.
Funny he doesn't think of it like over-drafting your checking account. If he doesn't have scholarships available - why in the bloody hell is he offering them?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably meant by stats. There are only 5 returning QB's that finished last year with more passing yards than Golson, probably the same with respect to the number of touchdowns. With his entire starting line back, and all his wide receivers back it's not unreasonable to think that there might be only a few others that would pass him up. If he remained the starter. The problem is he wasn't going to be the starter.

Still not buying it no matter what metric you use.. Ohio state by it's self has three QBs better than Golson and USC brings back one . I'm pretty between the other schools theres more than six.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not buying it no matter what metric you use.. Ohio state by it's self has three QBs better than Golson and USC brings back one . I'm pretty between the other schools theres more than six.

I don't think he is a top 10 QB. But if he were the starter, I have no doubt he would have put up great stats. three QB's at Ohio State would probably mean 1 transfers or changes position, and the other two splits their stats. No doubt the SC quarterback could have better stats. But I'm not sure that Kelly's offense with a decent QB and a good set of receivers and O-linemen wouldn't put up some good stats. Probably top 10 stats, even though I think he's not a top 10 QB.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

One of Saban's comments before he actually became Bama's HC. He didn't screw over anyone, he just wasn't honest w/ the Dolphins organization.

He was being asked right while they had a chance of making the playoffs. He couldn't say anything else.

"Yeah, I know we have a chance at the playoffs right now, but yes I'm extremely interested in taking another job and leaving this team behind".

?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why this happens, but I hate it. when a student athlete has finished a degree, all of his or her obligations to a program should be completed and the student should be completely free to pursue educational opportunities (and athletic opportunities, eligibility allowing) as she or he wishes. Without restriction.

But I'm not in charge, so it isn't that way.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why this happens, but I hate it. when a student athlete has finished a degree, all of his or her obligations to a program should be completed and the student should be completely free to pursue educational opportunities (and athletic opportunities, eligibility allowing) as she or he wishes. Without restriction.

But I'm not in charge, so it isn't that way.

Well for once I can agree with you on something. Kids should be free to transfer where they want.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really want him in Athens. Believe in his talent, but those turnovers are something I just don't want to deal with if he got the job. Since there's no guarantee he'll have that fixed, rather just stick with the guys we've got.

I could be eating these words in a few months if our guys struggle and he kills somewhere else

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really want him in Athens. Believe in his talent, but those turnovers are something I just don't want to deal with if he got the job. Since there's no guarantee he'll have that fixed, rather just stick with the guys we've got.

I could be eating these words in a few months if our guys struggle and he kills somewhere else

These damn gamecock fans said they'd take him, turn overs and all. One of them pointed out how many TD's he had last season and I pointed out the turnovers. I was told Jamies Winston had just as many turnovers and to shut the hell up.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These damn gamecock fans said they'd take him, turn overs and all. One of them pointed out how many TD's he had last season and I pointed out the turnovers. I was told Jamies Winston had just as many turnovers and to shut the hell up.

I very much see him going there if there aren't any academic issues. I think they're the heavy favorite

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy about this. I don't think Golson is a terrible QB, but he's obviously skittish and prone to making bad decisions under pressure. With our shitty O-line, I feel like he would have done even worse at Texas than at ND with respect to turnovers.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golsons coming and going from Notre dame is like Oprahs diet.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy about this. I don't think Golson is a terrible QB, but he's obviously skittish and prone to making bad decisions under pressure. With our shitty O-line, I feel like he would have done even worse at Texas than at ND with respect to turnovers.

you make good points, and I couldnt see him working here.

Anyway, I've heard some good stuff about what the coaching staff is feeling about Heard. Whether it's true or just coach-speak/keeping positive thoughts, they think they might have something developing with Heard.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks this guy is nothing special.
I watched him play a couple of times and there was never a "wow" factor whatsoever.
Did I just watch the wrong games.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you make good points, and I couldnt see him working here.
Texas is working on rebuilding a program. They need some continuity, and that doesn't come from one-year players. Texas is better off without Golson for many reasons - but not the least of them is that the Longhorns need to develop the players they have and build on that foundation.