• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even with how bad the Phillies are, they still probably have

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a better rotation than the Yankees. It's close. Obviously, the X factors will be MAG and Tanaka. Tanaka should have the higher ceiling, but I wouldn't be surprised if both pitchers put up comparable seasons in 2014. At the top, Lee and Hamels are a better 1-2 punch than Sabathia and Kuroda. Kendrick and Hernandez/Pettibone are (at best) decent pitchers to fill out the backend of a rotation; but then again I probably prefer that combination to Nova and Phelps/Pineda. I'm not saying that the Phils' rotation is undoubtedly better, but it's interesting that a team that is expected to win 70-75 games has a compatible, if not better, rotation than a team expected to win 90-95 games.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, but you gotta admit that on paper the Yankees offense is clearly going to score more runs than the Phillies.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anybody be surprise if the Phils are in contention in September? With all the complaining we're doing about their off season moves, it would be funny if all these stupid moves pan out.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, but you gotta admit that on paper the Yankees offense is clearly going to score more runs than the Phillies.

And they're better defensively.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Yanks are a better team on paper no doubt.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anybody be surprise if the Phils are in contention in September? With all the complaining we're doing about their off season moves, it would be funny if all these stupid moves pan out.

I would be surprised, but not shocked. Lets face it, with all of the injuries this aging team has suffered it would be hard to believe that they could make the playoffs.

They have a lot of IFs going into this season. With some luck these aging players might be able to put together one last run. Seems to be that if luck isn't on their side, that the team will be dismantled and the focus will be a few years down the road.

The season is long... I just hope that they can keep close to the .500 mark by mid July to keep things interesting.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't be surprised at all. 2 years ago they made a push for the wildcard towards the end. last year, they were only a handful of games out of 1st place at the break and were actually a game above .500 right after.

but you look at those teams. halladay was clearly not himself those 2 years. huge loss. howard was in and out. utley, ruiz, revere, a weak bench, lack of bullpen. there were some serious problems.

i've already said many times, all they need is someone to step up to pitch with cole and cliff. if we can have 3 starters with an era around 3, an OK bullpen and reduced injuries.. the team will 100% be above .500. what it results in? who knows. and if that does happen, i'm sure we'd become buyers at the deadline.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a better rotation than the Yankees. It's close. Obviously, the X factors will be MAG and Tanaka. Tanaka should have the higher ceiling, but I wouldn't be surprised if both pitchers put up comparable seasons in 2014. At the top, Lee and Hamels are a better 1-2 punch than Sabathia and Kuroda. Kendrick and Hernandez/Pettibone are (at best) decent pitchers to fill out the backend of a rotation; but then again I probably prefer that combination to Nova and Phelps/Pineda. I'm not saying that the Phils' rotation is undoubtedly better, but it's interesting that a team that is expected to win 70-75 games has a compatible, if not better, rotation than a team expected to win 90-95 games.

:wtf2:

You should focus on the Braves, Mets, Nationals, and Marlins.