• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Roundtable VT

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

didnt mean to thread jack the other thread.

EDIT i wish i knew how to add non youtube vids.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no o-line, no rb, and no wr's, the 10 win streak is in serious danger...whoa is us.

Hey and they even snuck a "but it's just the ACC" in there as well! Imagine that!

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was pretty fair analysis. I don't think they realize how much depth we had at receiver though. Coles, Davis, and Roberts all have plenty of experience. I'm expecting big things from them, assuming LT will have enough time in the pocket to get them the ball.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even fit a 'Miami, FSU back' in there. Still working from the same script it seems.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I honestly thought it was pretty good especially coming from espn. You cant expect them to have the same details as hokiehaven, 247, or even the roanoke times. I thought the concerns about the special teams and offensive line were pretty spot on.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I agree. I think the only part I felt they missed on was the depth of our returning WRs, which you can understand when you see our #1 and #2 all time leading receivers are no longer on the roster. I don't worry about our schedule as much as they did either.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a very fair analysis. Great job ESPN.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the rest of the episode? All about the camp down in GA, talked up Riley Ferguson and Anthony Jennings a lot

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounded like they've been reading some of the same articles and message boards I have with the exception of Schlabach or whoever it was that actually mentioned VT fans thinking they might not get 9-10 wins. Haven't been reading or hearing that.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the "Top Prospects of the 2013" class video after watching the round table...Mel had Logan Thomas at #2 overall. Scary if he leaves, glad we got Bucky to say the least. With that kind of hype starting already its hard to envision him staying for his senior year unless next year is a bust.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was pretty decent. Glad that Herbstreit was giving us some credit and not assuming that our incoming offensive lineman/RB's/WR's are pitiful. And Jessie giving us so much credit on defense. Those other no-names were spewing garbage. There were a few things that annoyed me especially.

Why did they mention 114 negative plays? Are they unaware of who was responsible for just about all of them?

Mike London stealing our recruits? HAAA. That was one year. Then again, with ESPN's crap recruiting rankings, who knows how we fared last year.

Desmond talking about our defense being on the field too long? Did he watch LSU play last year? They're offense was so mediocre. With the defense we have this year, we'll only need 14 points to win!

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and talking about Cinci and Pitt being games we should worry about. Really?!

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched the "Top Prospects of the 2013" class video after watching the round table...Mel had Logan Thomas at #2 overall. Scary if he leaves, glad we got Bucky to say the least. With that kind of hype starting already its hard to envision him staying for his senior year unless next year is a bust.

I disagree. Lot's of quarterbacks stay for their Senior year.

See Andrew Luck. I'm hoping Thomas stays that extra year as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I disagree. Lot's of quarterbacks stay for their Senior year.

See Andrew Luck. I'm hoping Thomas stays that extra year as well.

IF he is considered a top3 QB i would guess that he is gone. If he is given an early pick or 1st round grade what does he have to gain by coming back? Sure it would be great for the team but what does HE have to gain? A lot of things can happen in a year and you could potentially go from a top player to undrafted/unsigned. I really really hope he is here for '13 but wont be surprised at all if he is out.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he is considered a top3 QB i would guess that he is gone. If he is given an early pick or 1st round grade what does he have to gain by coming back? Sure it would be great for the team but what does HE have to gain? A lot of things can happen in a year and you could potentially go from a top player to undrafted/unsigned. I really really hope he is here for '13 but wont be surprised at all if he is out.

It depends on the person. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys who are thinking about going to the NFL talk about coming back just to play Bama. Kyle might want to come back just to play a year with Kendall. QBs stay in the NFL forever. Gayle won't have as good of a reason as the others to stay other than his draft stock won't be as high as Kyle's or Logan's.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IF we were talking about second round or later i would think the chances are much much higher that he comes back, but IF we are talking top 15 pick, i just dont see it happening. I hope like hell im wrong but that is just my opinion.

But i completely agree that it depends on the person, for all i know LT could be graded as a sure fire #1 overall and decide to come back to just because he loves the college life :noidea: Im just saying that it would surprise me.

Last edited by a moderator:

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, "It's Bud Foster, it's Frank Beamer, it's Brian Steinspring, they'll figure it out"

And they expect anyone to take them seriously.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF we were talking about second round or later i would think the chances are much much higher that he comes back, but IF we are talking top 15 pick, i just dont see it happening. I hope like hell im wrong but that is just my opinion.

But i completely agree that it depends on the person, for all i know LT could be graded as a sure fire #1 overall and decide to come back to just because he loves the college life :noidea: Im just saying that it would surprise me.

He's good, but you're ranking him awfully high. Top 15 pick? He'd better have a truly great offensive year with a very young offense.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the ESPN roundtable was pretty fair, but Kirk Herbstreit always dogs VT and the ACC in general.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's good, but you're ranking him awfully high. Top 15 pick? He'd better have a truly great offensive year with a very young offense.

Post 10 13 14

That is why all the "IFs" are capatilized because Kiper or someone has him as a top 3 QB next season. FTR im not sure he will have that grade at the end of the season, and if he doesnt (like i said) his chance of staying is greatly increased IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: