• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is officially killing their boards.

I posted a blanket invite to them.

Guys, be nice to unknowns. Alts are not allowed here at the Hoop, so HWWNBN cannot slip under the radar anymore.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a shame...not

I lurk there once in a while, i hope a few of them finally make the jump like LagunaHills and 4North. i hope we don't see riverbrat.

when do they officially go dark?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7/17

I am good with all of them here. We will weed out the rabble.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't like this place. I think he doesn't like the swearing. maybe the avatars, but those have calmed down ALOT.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't like this place. I think he doesn't like the swearing. maybe the avatars, but those have calmed down ALOT.

I go easy on the swearing because I know Stokesy doesn't appreciate it (we are a community after all). The avatars are Google-inflicted, but I never really partook because I'm always at work when I post.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have turned off avatars because I post from work. I am not concerned with the fact that the avatars are work friendly now. Avatars in general scream "NOT WORK RELATED".

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have turned off avatars because I post from work. I am not concerned with the fact that the avatars are work friendly now. Avatars in general scream "NOT WORK RELATED".

How does one do that? I saw I can turn off my own, but not others. Thanks.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go easy on the swearing because I know Stokesy doesn't appreciate it (we are a community after all). The avatars are Google-inflicted, but I never really partook because I'm always at work when I post.

Much appreciated, but salty language doesn't bother me much in moderation. I do recall my son and his buddies watching a Dave Chappelle video where every other word was f*** or sh** or some variation. After a few minutes, I said, "Hmm. If watching a young black man stand up and just use foul language is funny to you, that's just sad."

As to avatars, I turned them off long ago. In fact, when I first checked out the site before joining in the great August 2010 migration, the avatars were one of the things that caused me concern.

Wonder why ESPN is closing down their boards. Any reason given, Cal? And how exactly can we track HWMNBN and his alts? Those alts definitely do NOT belong to tzill.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one do that? I saw I can turn off my own, but not others. Thanks.

Click on "User CP"

Under "Settings and Options", click on "Edit Options"

Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" you will see something like this:

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

If you uncheck any of those, they will not show up. So I unchecked "Show Avatars", and I do not see them.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click on "User CP"

Under "Settings and Options", click on "Edit Options"

Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" you will see something like this:

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

If you uncheck any of those, they will not show up. So I unchecked "Show Avatars", and I do not see them.[/quote]

Perfect! Thanks.

(I almost had to ask you where to find "User CP", :doh:, then I found it.)

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the swearing or the avatars. I'm here because of the level of content that is posted on this board! We can all swear. We can all disagree but in the end we are all a 'bonded' (wow, did I write that) community. We're here to talk about our team. We're not owners. We're not players. We are Giant fans. This has been a rather trying year for us 'fans'. Without out this community and the sense that we are all in this together ..... this would have been a much more difficult first half for me ..... and for that I thank the community!