• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Insider: Why the Cowboys are Super Bowl favorites.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ESPN picks a team in any sport it's the kiss of death

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting by Detroit will not be an easy task. They laud the Cowboys for being 8-0 on the road but forget about the stinky 4-4 home record.

.....and further on that point: Declaring them the fav when they have to travel to GB and Seattle, the 2 best home field advantages in the NFL is ridiculous. It can be done but is highly unlikely. Props to them for playing well on the road in the regular season but Lambeau and the CLink in January is a bit different. Plus, if they get that far, this is a different Hawks team than they faced earlier.

But first thing first, for that scenario to even be a possibility we would have Carolina first and they do have a tough D which can always cause problems. The other option would be the Lions but then Dallas would already be gone.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will depend alot on Matt Stafford. If he's the Stafford we've seen most of the year the Lions will lose. If he's the Matt Stafford we've witnessed on an oh so rare occasion I think the Lions can pull it out. Saying that I don't think Stafford has it in him to sack up and his stats prove it. As much as it pains me to say it...Cowgirls 27 - Lions 13. God I hope I'm so wrong!!!

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to play the Cowboys. I hope they win.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 person at ESPN has the Cowboys winning it all. And the Cowboys are not even in the top 3 of any Vegas odds I have seen. And as far as this board goes, I have only seen a couple of Cowboy fans running their mouths.

The only real hype I see this false promotion that all of the sports media and Cowboy fans are predicting a SB win.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 person at ESPN has the Cowboys winning it all. And the Cowboys are not even in the top 3 of any Vegas odds I have seen. And as far as this board goes, I have only seen a couple of Cowboy fans running their mouths.

The only real hype I see this false promotion that all of the sports media and Cowboy fans are predicting a SB win.

Skip Bayless and I bet the local media in Texas are hyping them up,but if I hear Bayless say 'my Cowboys" one more time i may shoot my TV,,then next week he say's his Patriots.

But there is some Cowboy fans here trying to start things up,that's fine imo nothing wrong with getting hyped about your team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that people think romo will win two games to get a shot at possibly seattle is funny. I bet he loses tomorrow.
You guessed wrong.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas just doesn't have the defense ... At some point there gonna get exposed... There O is good, but that usually doesn't carry you, defense has to step up at some point...
You Seahags fans are a hoot... :pound:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless and I bet the local media in Texas are hyping them up,but if I hear Bayless say 'my Cowboys" one more time i may shoot my TV,,then next week he say's his Patriots.

But there is some Cowboy fans here trying to start things up,that's fine imo nothing wrong with getting hyped about your team.

Playing the skip card is really uncalled for.

:suds:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless and I bet the local media in Texas are hyping them up,but if I hear Bayless say 'my Cowboys" one more time i may shoot my TV,,then next week he say's his Patriots..

I can't attest to all media in Texas, but I know the best sports radio station in Dallas hasn't penciled them in as the NFC's rep in the Super Bowl. I think they're take is that the Cowboys are good enough to win every Sunday, but I think they suspect a trip to the divisional round is probably as good as this will get. I think a lot of folks are really happy Dallas is even in this position, although if they lose today, I suspect a social media nuke will go off and the Cowboys will take it in the rear from their detractors for another year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys do have a championship caliber offense, I hate to admit.

I am just hoping the smoke and mirrors Rod Marinelli has been using on defense break down come playoff time. That man deserves coach of the year for getting those scrubs to look decent.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys do have a championship caliber offense, I hate to admit.

I am just hoping the smoke and mirrors Rod Marinelli has been using on defense break down come playoff time. That man deserves coach of the year for getting those scrubs to look decent.
You know Marinelli hates Detroit. Why else would he lead them to an 0-16 season.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly article. Why not just say they have a good shot (which they do) instead of making the ridiculous claim that a team that has 3 games to get there with two of them probably on the road against teams with the best home field advantages in the league is somehow the favorite. They were all 12-4 and the Cowboys got the short end of the stick. Shit happens. If they at least had a bye it would be a different story.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Seahags fans are a hoot... :pound:

giphy_1_0.gif

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact that Dallas continues to get the media exposure/hype... The more pressure thrown onto Romo's shoulders - the better...

Yep.

Time for Tony to have a bad game when everything is on the line.
He's been there before.