• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Empire league startup: type of league

What type of league?

• Total voters

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 votes so far...and 3 different opinions. This will be interesting.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 votes so far...and 3 different opinions. This will be interesting.

well, I think the 3 main choices all have there strengths and weaknesses...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done. I voted the same as my annual league, just so I don't have to change strategy much.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok all tied up:suds:

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for roto because I feel it's the best at truly measuring overall team performance. It's main weakness is keeping owner interest as they begin to fall in the standings, but in a keeper/dynasty format there is always incentive to keep active to better your team for the future.

I would also be more than fine with H2H categories but would prefer to stay away from points. I've never really done much with points leagues because it's too difficult to get the owners to agree on a consensus scoring system and typically they are more about the owners ability to understand the scoring system more than analyzing baseball players on standard categories. The ones who pick the point scoring typically do so consistent to the style they prefer. ie if they don't like some of the known flaws in standard scoring systems, they skew the points in the opposite direction to favor punch and judy speedsters or make pitchers way more valuable than hitters. (in traditional leagues, hitters are usually more valuable which is why experts typically wait so long)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted H2H Cats, but I'm good with whatever.

I love points and haven't done it in a couple years.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for roto because I feel it's the best at truly measuring overall team performance. It's main weakness is keeping owner interest as they begin to fall in the standings, but in a keeper/dynasty format there is always incentive to keep active to better your team for the future.

I would also be more than fine with H2H categories but would prefer to stay away from points. I've never really done much with points leagues because it's too difficult to get the owners to agree on a consensus scoring system and typically they are more about the owners ability to understand the scoring system more than analyzing baseball players on standard categories. The ones who pick the point scoring typically do so consistent to the style they prefer. ie if they don't like some of the known flaws in standard scoring systems, they skew the points in the opposite direction to favor punch and judy speedsters or make pitchers way more valuable than hitters. (in traditional leagues, hitters are usually more valuable which is why experts typically wait so long)

also, the strength of Roto, is that we CAN have an odd amount of players which we do right now... Don't think it will be hard to get one more owner later, and we are always searching for more owners... But roto is not WEIRD with odd numbers...

And odd numbers is Great if we want to do expansion... which I think all dynasty/empire leagues need to do

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have respect for your opinion, sir; you are a damn good fantasy player. However, you profile as being...

mr-bean-falling-asleep-roller-coaster-snooze-1383506342Y.gif

No offense, bro; it's just me. And as far as the consensus for points leagues go, I see it the same way as all the others; take a vote, and the majority wins. Deal with it from there.

th
:pound::pound::pound:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, the strength of Roto, is that we CAN have an odd amount of players which we do right now... Don't think it will be hard to get one more owner later, and we are always searching for more owners... But roto is not WEIRD with odd numbers...

And odd numbers is Great if we want to do expansion... which I think all dynasty/empire leagues need to do

boring-meme.jpeg

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have respect for your opinion, sir; you are a damn good fantasy player. However, you profile as being...

No offense, bro; it's just me. And as far as the consensus for points leagues go, I see it the same way as all the others; take a vote, and the majority wins. Deal with it from there.

th
:pound::pound::pound:

LOL.....sorry, I thought we were campaigning! ;)

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, much more fun to have:

Steal 2nd base = sqrt(2)
Steal 3rd base = 4*sqrt(3)

Oh, the joys of points leagues!!! :P

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, much more fun to have:

Steal 2nd base = sqrt(2)
Steal 3rd base = 4*sqrt(3)

Oh, the joys of points leagues!!! :P

STOP GIVING ME IDEAS!!!!!!#!@@##

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was going into this vote hoping that rotisserie would win, because I wanted to milk up the categories(as I started a thread a couple days ago about finding the perfect roto categories)...

But I think I like the H2H categories route... Should be fun in a dynasty/empire because there are SOOOO many ways to build a team now...