• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embarassing

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i were tyrod i would've walked off the field.. he had 0 help tonight, from players, or coaches.. stiney couldn't have been more predictable if he ran up the middle on every, single, .. er.. wait.. that happened.. then #11 blitzed up the middle every play and rather than adjusting to that and thinking about blocking him, they let him through every time..

and davon morgan is a joke.. i hated his guts last year for being a shitty safety.. he worked his way back to an even feeling on him with decent play this season, but tonight he was back to his old ways.. i wouldn't be surprised if he blew 90% of his coverages tonight

the team looked unprepared and made 0 adjustments to what stanford did in the second half.. that's piss-pour coaching.. which is just a shame for tyrod's last game, he deserved better

props to stanford, they're a better team, but it shouldn't have been embarassing.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry sir that had to be rather disappointing after the work you did on the great recovery you show up to the bowl with this.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Frank's butt is OK. That was a major r*pe issued from the Stanford coach...

This game was embarrasing. Each time I think it can't get any more disappointed during/after a game I somehow do. It started in '05 against Miami and it hasn't stopped since. If Frank doesn't make the proper changes from a coaching standpoint, I don't think he will ever gain the respect he once had circa early-mid 2000s.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh......

Ralph Friedgen PLEASE!!!!

I am not into a full debriefing today, but in the next week or so.....

I realize this is probably delusional on my part, but is there any chance in Hades Frank looks at bringing in RichRod as OC now that he's been canned at Michigan?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The sad part is that our offense played better than our offense. I can't believe how pathetic our halftime adjustments were on both sides, especially since they were amazing all year long.

Just shows how weak we are on both lines. We can have as many skill players we'd like but if the lines don't hold up, you'll get killed.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows...sent this to Weaver today. At least I know in some little way I tried my best. Whatever. Fire Bryan Stinespring [FBS]

Dear Mr. Weaver,

Last night exemplifies the pain of what it is like to be a Hokie fan when it comes to watching his or her football team play against legitimate Top 10 team. I know Beamer prides himself with keeping things consistent, and I definitely agree that if we just want to contend for an ACC Championship then we need to vocalize this and let the buck stop here. But if we want to adhere to our words that mark our tunnel at Lane Stadium and reach up for excellence and ascend to that next level, we need to make another move when it comes to who is leading our offense.

There are 92,000 people and counting who feel that Bryan Stinespring should be fired (Fire Bryan Stinespring [FBS]). In other words, there are more people who think there should be an OC coaching change at VT than those that attend our Fall games on Saturdays. The only issue is this call to Beamer has been falling on deaf ears. There are SO many good potential replacements that may work for our team. On behalf of our beloved Hokie Nation, I IMPLORE you to think about what we can do for next steps for our program and replace our offensive coordinator. You have the Fridge who is a great offensive mind, Mark Whipple and others from smaller schools who are looking to do great things.

As you well know, like any other job in the real world that Tech works to prepare us for, we ask that you hold our staff acountable for their overall body of work to date and "right" this ship. Individual metrics should be taken into account here and not just the metrics and accomplishments of the staff overall. This is probably a hard decision, but as your father probably said to you and I know mine said to me growing up, no one said that things in life are easy. Again, I ask that you at least consider making a move for us. Thank you for your time.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
props to you amszete. You did exactly what fans should do if they want change. I wish that instead of running straight to the message boards (dont mean here) that more people would Email or paper and pen their message to Weaver. I wrote a letter during the seating realignment and actually got a signed response, so your "voice" is being heard. In reality a single letter may not do much, but if everyone who feels the same took your approach we may see some change.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, embarrassing is about the only way to describe monday night. I feel bad for Tyrod that this is how his VT career had to end.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a day or so of thinking and digesting this thing, I have a few thoughts.

(preface: i do want more, it is not enough to just be there)

However

Stanford is very very good.
-They were a top 5 team with a close loss to a team that is about to play in the national title game.
-They have a brilliant coach who is cerebral on an NFL level.
-They have a quarterback who will likely be the top pick in the NFL draft this year.
-They had an offensive line with three 5th year seniors.
-The weights on their linemen from LT across (304, 302, 285, 310, 303)
-Two of their three defensive linemen were 5ht year seniors
-Overall they had 16 seniors in their two deep
-The weights of their linemen across (280, 307, 285)

The Hokies were a good team
-We were a top 15 team with 2 losses, essentially one bad week, but even the Boise loss is not as impressive as a loss to Oregon
-We have a fantastic college coach
-We have a fantastic leader and quarterback
-We have an offensive line with one senior
-Our weights from LT across (303, 300, 277, 275, 259)
-We have a defensive line with 2/4 seniors
-Our weights across (225, 295, 275, 239) -hell their linebackers were bigger
-We had 8 seniors in their two deep

And yet, we were losing by 1 at halftime. A dropped pic-6, and a two play debacle that saw Tyrod inexplicably throw the ball up instead of tucking and running for an easy first down followed by bad assignment D, where they motioned us (pre snap) out of our socks for a big gain turned a relatively close game into the debacle that it was.

We are good, but hey, they were better. They were better prepared and better coached, for certain, but one team wins and one team loses every game. They were a superior, veteran, team that was primed for this season.

As for our record against top 5 opponents, no matter what your record is likely to abysmal. Hell, you are PLAYING a top 5 opponent, so you are likely an underdog, and more often than not a HEAVY underdog. Compounding that, for Tech is the fact they are only a recent power, so we were a laugher underdog for the better part of their existence. Take a look at this for some perspective:

College Football Trivia

I am not happy and would like to see some change. I, as well, have sent emails regarding our offense.

The best case scenario for me would be to see Stinespring moved back to O-Line and TE coach, see Newsome let go (sorry vtpoop), and see Stinespring moved to associate head coach/recruiting coordinator when cav leaves next year. This will stroke his ego and keep his pay as is and appear as a lateral move. The bottom line is we NEED Stinespring as a recruiter, especially in the tidewater area.

This leaves two open spots, at OC and Whip/Rover coach.

At OC, I would love to see Walt Harris (who recruited most of that Stanford team, BTW) or Ralph Friedgen. Both are blue collar coaches who are familiar with Foster and Beamer.

At whip/rover coach, I would like to see us go young and get Shane Beamer (current DB coach and recruiting whiz at South Carolina).

A look at his recruiting resume:

Shane Beamer - South Carolina Football

In time, I expect to see Hite retire as well. I would like to see us go young there as well and bring in Cornell Brown or Lee Suggs, both of which have shown interest and been involved in coaching that exact position. Also, both of which would be fantastic on the recruiting trail.

A lot of the staff has gotten lazy and tired, but we still put on a fantastic product.

(apologies for the rant)

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put 46. I can't disagree with any of that. Changes are certainly needed, and Amstetze also did a good job of summing it up. Nice work.

I am going to try to be positive here and take a look at the past, and what it did for VT in the future.
As hard as it is to think about, we tend to bounce back nicely when it isn't expected. After the dismal 2003 campaign, nothing was expected of us, we made changes in our defensive alignment, and went 10-3 the following year with an ACC Championship and close loses to 2 of the top 3 teams (USC and Auburn). Of course we had a veteran QB that helped lead that charge in Randall. We will not have that, nor does it look like we will have Evans and Williams, but with most of the defense and a strong nucleus on O (minus Tyrod and possibly our top 2 RBs), the ingredients are there for another nice run with some good leadership by the upperclassmen and a weak schedule.

Also, the last time we got hammered in a bowl (the 1997 Gator Bowl loss to UNC), it served as a rallying cry for our team the entire offseason. I don't know if you guys remember it, but the entire spring and offseason, the team would chant 42-3 (the score from that game) to pump it up. We went on to go 9-3 the next year and were three plays away from playing for a national title (heartbreaking losses to Syracuse on the last play, a huge comeback by UVa, and the Temple debacle). And then we did play for the title the following year.
Granted we have nobody named Michael Vick on this team, but the Hokies always seem to be at their best when the chips are down and they are under the radar.
One thing those teams had that we seem to have lost somewhat however is that blue-chip, us-against-the-world mentality. I don't know what it is. We no longer have the big, physical OLs we used to, that is part of it. But I also blame Weaver for part of it, as ridiculous as it may sound, for doing away with Stick It In, and things of that nature. Hokie Respect is great, but you don't get rid of things that helped build you.

I don't know guys. None of this may make any sense. Just rambling to try to make myself feel better.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, meant to say Blue collar, us-against-the-world mentality, not Blue chip. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you say 46 concerning the OB. Stanford was a better team from top to bottom. BUT, as some of the players have hinted around to. I think VT just kindof gave up in the second half. Luck and Co. took the wind out of their sails, especially with that 2 play 96 yard touchdown drive, following the TT int. Maybe I see things differently, but I feel that when Beamer said "he liked the effort" thats a bit ridiculous. That's bullshit. Yeah, VT was down, they were beat, they weren't coming back, but just to lay down and take an ass-whuppin like that. Didn't like it at all. Have some pride. But hey, maybe Stanford was just THAT MUCH better than VT was. I agree with you 100% with some of changes and ideas you have. Especially this one.

"The best case scenario for me would be to see Stinespring moved back to O-Line and TE coach, see Newsome let go (sorry vtpoop), and see Stinespring moved to associate head coach/recruiting coordinator when cav leaves next year. This will stroke his ego and keep his pay as is and appear as a lateral move. The bottom line is we NEED Stinespring as a recruiter, especially in the tidewater area."

The Line has went downhill significantly since Newsome took over. They have good linemen, but not GREAT ones (see UVA for that). The dual threat quarterbacks and stud running backs often make them look better than they really are. Until we can get some STUDS in the trenches (particularly O-Line) I don't see VT beating the teams like Stanford, USC, LSU, 'Bama. I think the future looks bright on the yound prospects we have on the O-line. But the jury is still out on them. Depth needs to be built here. Letting the Bobby Massey, Morgan Moses, Landon Turners in Virginia go elsewhere is unacceptable.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about embarrassing... :D

masturbating.jpg

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

Well, BMW's girl only comes to campus once in a while, what the hell else are the guys supposed to do? Your mom?

If you don't know who BMW is, don't bother asking!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about embarrassing... :D

masturbating.jpg

haha tox quit following me around.. and you stole that from las (i think it was).. shame :L:D