• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elliot expected to be granted TRO

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, a TRO is basically something a lawyer files in court to say, look, we have a strong argument to make here, judge, and so we are asking you to stop something from happening (in this case, the suspension) until you hear us out.

Judges often give people TROs as long as they can meet a basic threshold that they have a case to make.

The actual case still has to be heard, so all it does is freeze the punishment or whatever action is in question from taking effect for a while.

In this particular dispute, I wonder if it is bad for the Cowboys to have Zeke doing this. All it will likely do is prolong the inevitable of this suspension eventually being upheld. But in the meantime Zeke will become a season-long distraction as the team wonders whether he is available or not that week.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, a TRO is basically something a lawyer files in court to say, look, we have a strong argument to make here, judge, and so we are asking you to stop something from happening (in this case, the suspension) until you hear us out.

Judges often give people TROs as long as they can meet a basic threshold that they have a case to make.

The actual case still has to be heard, so all it does is freeze the punishment or whatever action is in question from taking effect for a while.

In this particular dispute, I wonder if it is bad for the Cowboys to have Zeke doing this. All it will likely do is prolong the inevitable of this suspension eventually being upheld. But in the meantime Zeke will become a season-long distraction as the team wonders whether he is available or not that week.

That right there:

I understand the Cowboys want to show that he's not guilty of anything, but why cost your chance of a possible play off year with starting/best runningback suspended?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas fans are legal experts now after years of following the criminal tribulations of their favorite players.

v1.bjsyMDg2OTQ7ajsxNzQ2MjsxMjAwOzE2MDA7MTIwMA

Haha, My Cousin Vinny, one of all time great comedies.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli was a QB on a SB winning team this millennium though. So there's that

Corrected for clarity

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli was a QB on a SB winning team this millennium though. So there's that

Corrected for clarity

Eli is a goober and a pretty average QB overall but the above argument is muttered by haters and/or those who don't know squat about football.

His two SB runs were incredibly impressive. Not to mention his 2011 season that literally got his team to the playoffs.

Carry on.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, while at work, you post non-stop on this forum and also discuss the same topics in person?

Do you ever accomplish anything?

It's called multi-tasking, dumb fuck.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called multi-tasking, dumb fuck.

There's no such thing as multitasking.

It's called half-assing two tasks.

Sorry if I offended your boi. But I'm sure he appreciates you white knighting him.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical. Gay jokes, up your game, Junior, or you won't last long here.

lol... you have to be trolling at this point.

No one is literally this much of a cliche parody.

Thanks for the entertainment.