• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edelman carted off the field

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some major strengths that will be missed though with Carr starting instead of Edelman. You have to account for the fact that Edelman actually is a very good blocking WR that helped spring some very long runs last year. Carr is definitely not that. Also have to factor in Edelman and his special teams ability that he brings to the roster. Edelman is one of the most versatile players in the entire NFL. So while yes I do think Carr and others can cover up the loss of Edelman in the pass game there are other areas that just took a big blow. Not enough to take them out of the top spot for top team in the NFL though.
That's fair. I really don't know if Carr is a good blocker. He was too busy torching everyone he played last year lol. That said NW had a very good back so usually the wideouts have to block for that to happen. ST is a good call though

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I really don't know if Carr is a good blocker. He was too busy torching everyone he played last year lol. That said NW had a very good back so usually the wideouts have to block for that to happen. ST is a good call though

He was not a great blocker. I loved his receiving ability other than he catches way too many passes with his body and does one of the other big no no's from the WR position of jumping when you don't have to jump to catch a pass. Some of that is his desire to let the ball get into his body instead of cleanly catching it with his hands. Slows down some momentum that he builds up. Could have had a better year if he didn't do that crap.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not a great blocker. I loved his receiving ability other than he catches way too many passes with his body and does one of the other big no no's from the WR position of jumping when you don't have to jump to catch a pass. Some of that is his desire to let the ball get into his body instead of cleanly catching it with his hands. Slows down some momentum that he builds up. Could have had a better year if he didn't do that crap.
I watched the kid like 8 times last year ( being a B10 guy ). I really wanted Atlanta to sign him but he's a perfect fit in NE. I honestly think he goes 80 and 1000 this year. I already liked him more than Amendila and the itger skit guys ( aside from Edelman ). We shall see

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the kid like 8 times last year ( being a B10 guy ). I really wanted Atlanta to sign him but he's a perfect fit in NE. I honestly think he goes 80 and 1000 this year. I already liked him more than Amendila and the itger skit guys ( aside from Edelman ). We shall see

I think he is a good player for sure. I'm not sure he would put up those kind of numbers though. The biggest thing to me that will be missed by Edelman is just the connection that he had with Brady. Brady has done a great job in the past of building that chemistry with his slot WR where honestly they do not even have to communicate because they see the field exactly the same and can be trusted to be right where they need to be. A rookie coming in learning the offense (just the basics of it) is hard enough. So that chemistry just won't be there for a while. Maybe towards the middle or late part of the season you see it. Carr though is one that can have a bright future as an undrafted player.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, there is a good chance that Dallas wont even make the playoffs.

:dhd:
Stick with politics Rex, NFL football isn't your strong suit.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel better now just going off of your 2016 season Super Bowl prediction.

Fuck, please tell me he said NE was going to flame out this year :L