• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ed Ogeron for USC head coach

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he deserves a shot to be a head coach.. You seem to think everyone who fails once is automatically going to fail for the rest of their life . Funny position since ND just re admitted a player who was caught cheating back onto your team with fans saying give the kid a second shot . Bilicheck(sp) sucked in Cleveland and Pete wasn't very good the first time in the pros but both have shown to have been good hires. ND fans were jubilant when Charlie was hired and how did that turn out? You just never know. Hopfully he gets a HC gig some where. I think he deserves a shot some where . It was a long shot for him to get the SC job but people love the underdog and it was a nice thought that it could happen for him. I know you're ND fan but people really like the guy and so did his players.

SoCal, don't get me wrong. I truly wanted Orgeron to get another chance. I was hoping more than you were that Haden would give him the opportunity to coach SC. In fact I think this was one of the few times we have agreed. The last time being when we both wanted SC to keep Monte Kiffin as the D-coordinator.

As to your comment that ND fans were jubilant when Weis was hired, I have to agree with jjc2009 on this, my response was the same as most of my ND friends, and that was "who the hell is Charlie Weis". At the time, I wanted Tom Clements to get the job. But I guess it makes for a better story if we pretend that all the ND fans were all on the Charlie Weis bandwagon from the start.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal, don't get me wrong. I truly wanted Orgeron to get another chance. I was hoping more than you were that Haden would give him the opportunity to coach SC. In fact I think this was one of the few times we have agreed. The last time being when we both wanted SC to keep Monte Kiffin as the D-coordinator.

As to your comment that ND fans were jubilant when Weis was hired, I have to agree with jjc2009 on this, my response was the same as most of my ND friends, and that was "who the hell is Charlie Weis". At the time, I wanted Tom Clements to get the job. But I guess it makes for a better story if we pretend that all the ND fans were all on the Charlie Weis bandwagon from the start.

There was no Ed O bandwagon till he won some games and the players praised him .I was at the 2005 USC Notre Dame game and you can't tell me the ND faithful weren't going ga ga over Charlie. Every student had t shirt that had cartoons of his super bowl rings ( and said Lord or the rings) or (the girls) had "Charlies Angels" on them. So very similar. Except Weis got a ten year extension with all the SportsHoopla and Ed wasn't hired. .

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no Ed O bandwagon till he won some games and the players praised him .I was at the 2005 USC Notre Dame game and you can't tell me the ND faithful weren't going ga ga over Charlie. Every student had t shirt that had cartoons of his super bowl rings ( and said Lord or the rings) or (the girls) had "Charlies Angels" on them. So very similar. Except Weis got a ten year extension with all the SportsHoopla and Ed wasn't hired. .

I'm sorry, I thought you posted that "ND fans were jubilant when Charlie was hired", I didn't realize that what you meant was that "ND fans were jubilant after Charlie Weis beat #3 Michigan and was 4-1 going into the SC game after finishing 6-6 the year before". I guess I misunderstood.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I thought you posted that "ND fans were jubilant when Charlie was hired", I didn't realize that what you meant was that "ND fans were jubilant after Charlie Weis beat #3 Michigan and was 4-1 going into the SC game after finishing 6-6 the year before". I guess I misunderstood.

Bravo, well said. :agree:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn;t realize I meant 2005 after he USC game after I wrote " I was at the 2005 USC -Notre dame game" ? I was giving you their feelings that I saw first hand after he won some games just like a lot of USC fans feelings after Ed beat Oregon State on the road for the first time in years and #4 Stanford.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn;t realize I meant 2005 after he USC game after I wrote " I was at the 2005 USC -Notre dame game" ? I was giving you their feelings that I saw first hand after he won some games just like a lot of USC fans feelings after Ed beat Oregon State on the road for the first time in years and #4 Stanford.

So you're saying that in the post where you stated that "ND fans were jubilant when Charlie was hired", you also stated that you noticed this jubulation when you were at the 2005 ND/sc game. That is really strange, because I just re-read all your posts in this thread, and don't see any mention of the 2005 ND/sc game. That is, of course, until after both jjc2009 and I agreed that neither one of us had ever heard of Charlie at the time he was hired. This might be another case of SoCal revisionist history.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that in the post where you stated that "ND fans were jubilant when Charlie was hired", you also stated that you noticed this jubulation when you were at the 2005 ND/sc game. That is really strange, because I just re-read all your posts in this thread, and don't see any mention of the 2005 ND/sc game. That is, of course, until after both jjc2009 and I agreed that neither one of us had ever heard of Charlie at the time he was hired. This might be another case of SoCal revisionist history.

I wasn't discounting your assertion that some ND fans weren't high on Charlie when he was hired. I was using that fact to show why I was I think the hype got bigger when the won at the beginning. We all know the coach O bandwagon got big after he beat Stanford just like the Charlie bandwagon got rolling after his first 5-6 games. I gave you my first hand account from being at the 2005 game. You ignore all this and just want to focus on me saying "when Charlie was hired" . I obviously meant just like coach O after his first group of games and the team played well.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't discounting your assertion that some ND fans weren't high on Charlie when he was hired. I was using that fact to show why I was I think the hype got bigger when the won at the beginning. We all know the coach O bandwagon got big after he beat Stanford just like the Charlie bandwagon got rolling after his first 5-6 games. I gave you my first hand account from being at the 2005 game. You ignore all this and just want to focus on me saying "when Charlie was hired" . I obviously meant just like coach O after his first group of games and the team played well.

I would love to try to connect the dots on your train of thought here, but I'll just re-read your posts and see if this post makes sense. .........guess what? It doesn't.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to try to connect the dots on your train of thought here, but I'll just re-read your posts and see if this post makes sense. .........guess what? It doesn't.

That might be your problem. Still connecting dots to get the picture. You probably still say the words out loud when you read.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be your problem. Still connecting dots to get the picture. You probably still say the words out loud when you read.

You're not Doc, I think we can all agree on that. I really miss the high quality trolls.