• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eat shit Nationals and their fans.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that rotation is a lot improved from previous years, but I still think there's some room for regression. Teheran just sucks. I also wouldn't count on Markakis to sustain a 142 wRC+, especially when he's been a mediocre hitter for years.

Teheran isn't an ace, he never has been an ace and he never will be an ace, but he doesn't suck. He's a soft tosser now, so he'll have games where he gets rocked, but he's been pretty solid most of the year, and not a bad third option.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teheran isn't an ace, he never has been an ace and he never will be an ace, but he doesn't suck. He's a soft tosser now, so he'll have games where he gets rocked, but he's been pretty solid most of the year, and not a bad third option.

he walks too many and doesn't strike anyone out, plus he gives up more fly balls than ground balls (and is pretty HR prone). the 4.03 ERA doesn't look bad, but there's a few red flags IMO. The breakouts from Folty and Newcomb seem legit though Newcomb could still cut down on the walks a little.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he walks too many and doesn't strike anyone out, plus he gives up more fly balls than ground balls (and is pretty HR prone). the 4.03 ERA doesn't look bad, but there's a few red flags IMO. The breakouts from Folty and Newcomb seem legit though.

He's not a strikeout pitcher. He pitches to soft contact. When he's locating, he gets it, when he's off with his control, he gets rocked.

Folty has the best stuff on the team, but he's retarded and easily flustered. When he puts it all together, he's capable of games like Friday night and Sunday in Boston. When he's off, he's capable of 10 strikeouts and 5 walks in 5 innings that he had to struggle through like he did earlier this year. He really hasn't been hit hard at all this year, he's just been his own worst enemy. Hopefully he's figured some things out.

It was clear last year that Newc had the stuff, he just needed to learn how to use it, and so far this year outside of his first start, and that start in Fenway where he was pitching in his hometown park for the first time, he has.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a strikeout pitcher. He pitches to soft contact. When he's locating, he gets it, when he's off with his control, he gets rocked.

Folty has the best stuff on the team, but he's retarded and easily flustered. When he puts it all together, he's capable of games like Friday night and Sunday in Boston. When he's off, he's capable of 10 strikeouts and 5 walks in 5 innings that he had to struggle through like he did earlier this year. He really hasn't been hit hard at all this year, he's just been his own worst enemy. Hopefully he's figured some things out.

It was clear last year that Newc had the stuff, he just needed to learn how to use it, and so far this year outside of his first start, and that start in Fenway where he was pitching in his hometown park for the first time, he has.

he's giving up plenty of hard contact

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trust my eyeballs over some numbers.

And what part of "he has games where he gets rocked" was confusing?

plz luv my barves

and I'm aware "he has games where he gets rocked"... because that's what happens to mediocre pitchers

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plz luv my barves

and I'm aware "he has games where he gets rocked"... because he's mediocre.

I'll take mediocre.

He also has games where he gives you 7 strong innings. Take the good with the bad, he is what he is, he's not an ace, but he's not Bartolo Colon for us last year either. Not a bad third option.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless, the other 3 looks very solid. Soroka's also looked pretty damn good for a 20-year-old getting his first taste of major league hitting. Wayne Cavadi of Minor League Ball had a pretty glowing article on him.

Soroka looks promising, but I'm gonna need to see more before I pass judgement.

Either he or Gohara is probably gonna get a shot at being in the rotation, because if what Brandon McCarthy says is true, I don't see how he doesn't either get traded or flame out.

Said the humidity was getting to him yesterday, which is why he didn't go out for the 7th after just 83 pitches. If a very mild day for early June is getting to him, he doesn't need to stick around for July and August when it's 95 with 100% humidity every day.

Anibal Sanchez I like having around. He's been great with the young pitchers. Very limited action, but he's been solid on the mound for what little he has worked.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I heard leading into this 4 game series with the Braves are the Nats are the hottest team in the NL, and they're about to take over first place and not look back.

Then they come in and lose 3 of 4.

Our starting pitching shut them down, and save one retard in the 14th inning, so did our bullpen.

I guess it's easy to make up ground when you're playing the Padres, Marlins and Orioles while the team you're chasing has to go on the road to play Philadelphia and Boston, and then play 4 games in 3 days against the Mets with no off days in between.

Oh and Bryce Harper is Dan Winkler's bitch.

Good series from the Braves.

Would love to see them continue their losing tradition in the WS to the Astros.:suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series from the Braves.

Would love to see them continue their losing tradition in the WS to the Astros.:suds:

Ain't skeered. Your top 3 pitchers will have been busted for cheating by then. And when Charlie Morton is actually CHarlie Morton, you won't like what you see.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I heard leading into this 4 game series with the Braves are the Nats are the hottest team in the NL, and they're about to take over first place and not look back.

Then they come in and lose 3 of 4.

Our starting pitching shut them down, and save one retard in the 14th inning, so did our bullpen.

I guess it's easy to make up ground when you're playing the Padres, Marlins and Orioles while the team you're chasing has to go on the road to play Philadelphia and Boston, and then play 4 games in 3 days against the Mets with no off days in between.

Oh and Bryce Harper is Dan Winkler's bitch.
lol-gif-11.gif

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't won a series in Petco since 2011 I think. Maybe they'll vote to stop interleague and move the Padres to the AL.
No thanks, keep the Padres out of that DH league.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks, keep the Padres out of that DH league

As much as I hate it, both leagues are probably gonna be DH leagues eventually.

But we hit our first home run in Petco yesterday since 2015.

We're now 4-17 in our last 21 games at Petco.

Glad that's over and out of the way, and I'm glad the first game starter after I was in the bed, and I didn't get home until after the game was over today.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad that's over and out of the way, and I'm glad the first game starter after I was in the bed, and I didn't get home until after the game was over today.
holy shiz, 4-17 against san diego in petco?? that sounds...bad

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shiz, 4-17 against san diego in petco?? that sounds...bad

It's bad, and it dates back to before we became a joke. IIRC, we got swept there in 2013, and we won 96 games and the NL East that year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I'm expecting the DH eventually, but I'd rather not see it.
Sometimes teams just have another teams number(overall or at a certain park/arena), it might not always make sense but it happens.