• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eastern Conference Series Thread (Miami Heat)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Frank Vogel said that Miami is just another team that is in the way. Just keep throwing gasoline on the fire.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys are licking their chops.

The refs fucked the Knicks big time. I don't like the Knicks but that was awful.

The Knicks supposedly committed 18 more fouls? That led to a +28 ft attempt advantage for Indy

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron responds to Frank Vogel’s comments - Saying “ i dont know what he is saying - we are a great team” I think the fact that LBJ responded or that anyone would is a lot more stupid and low than the initial comments made by Vogel. Sick and tired of anything said being labled as “ bulletin board material” The media and fans blowing things said out of proportion to stir things up. Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with what Vogel said... He and his team is on a mission, a journey - And the Heat are the ones currently in their way and vice versa... Thats all it is. As I have said before, if this team isn’t already motivated, if they need “bulletin board material” to get motivated -- Then there is a huge problem.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat can do to the Pacers what the Spurs did to Memphis today. Id rather have the Heat face Memphis than the Spurs. Going through the Pacers wont prepare the Heat for the Spurs for example. It is too early to say but everybody seems bent on avoiding Memphis.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat can do to the Pacers what the Spurs did to Memphis today. Id rather have the Heat face Memphis than the Spurs. Going through the Pacers wont prepare the Heat for the Spurs for example. It is too early to say but everybody seems bent on avoiding Memphis.

It's all about match ups. The Grizzlies match up better against the Heat then the Spurs do. I think this is why some are preferring the Spurs over the Grizzlies.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have a big three and a bunch of role players who can shoot the three similar to the Heat. Spurs a little taller but the main three of the Heat are younger. I believe on the Heats ability to execute a play overcoming any team that only specializes on defense. But a matchup against the Spurs will be more difficult because their ball movement and team play is similar to the Heat. And the Spurs are playing unselfishly just like the Heat.

Most likely the Spurs will advance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about match ups. The Grizzlies match up better against the Heat then the Spurs do. I think this is why some are preferring the Spurs over the Grizzlies.

Spurs will give us more trouble. They can score with the Heat and they have more offensive options. We're not going to lose to Memphis is Gasol & Zbo give them let's say 37 PPG between each other.

One of the Heat biggest weakness is allowing open looks from 3's. The Spurs are one of the best 3 pt shooting teams in the league and unlike Memphis as they have 5 shooters who are shooting at least 35% in this series while Memphis only have 1 which is Pondexter. The Spurs ranked 2nd in 3 pt shooting in the playoffs while Memphis are ranked 11th at 31%. In the regular season they were ranked 4th while Memphis were ranked 24th.

In addition to this the Spurs actually have a few closers who they can go to in a close game in Parker and Manu while Memphis have nobody that we would consider a true closer.

Memphis doesn't have enough on the perimeter to beat Miami. It will be just like the Bulls series IMO. The Heat would win in 5 while a Spurs series will go 6 or 7

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm in the minority on this one, I'm more concerned about the Memphis defense then I am of the depth and chemistry of the Spurs. Not saying either of which are nothing to be concerned, I guess this is the poison I'd pick.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you block from seeing someone on here?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm in the minority on this one, I'm more concerned about the Memphis defense then I am of the depth and chemistry of the Spurs. Not saying either of which are nothing to be concerned, I guess this is the poison I'd pick.

Im with ya on this. I'd rather face the spurs as well. It's not just Memphis D.. it's their strengths play to our weaknesses. Randolph and Gasol may out rebound the Heat by themselves. The only thing I view suspect on them is their reaction to the big stage. I think they could come out insanely flat game 1 of the Finals, basically handing Miami a game the way they just handed one to the Spurs. The Spurs wont hand a game to Miami, they have been there before.

Either way, both teams concern me. Should be a good finals either way, end of the day, the Heat barring injuries should win against either one.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you block from seeing someone on here?
top right of your screen you will see a 'welcome, avalon'

click on avalon. then on next screen you will see a "customize profile" link.. click it.

then on right hand side you will see an "edit ignore list" button. click that. fill in pigeon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top right of your screen you will see a 'welcome, avalon'

click on avalon. then on next screen you will see a "customize profile" link.. click it.

then on right hand side you will see an "edit ignore list" button. click that. fill in pigeon.

It's great that I now only see that Paolo has posted a message and I have no idea what it's in regards to. I can literally ignore him now without a problem.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat is about to get a full dose of Roy Hibbert. Good luck.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat is about to get a full dose of Roy Hibbert. Good luck.

oh no a full dose of Roy Hibbert... I am so worried. The 4th best player (maybe) in the series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no a full dose of Roy Hibbert... I am so worried. The 4th best player (maybe) in the series.

I'll give Paul George the benefit of the doubt as say he's the best player on the team followed closely by David West. Seriously though, we're about to get a serious dose of Roy Hibbert????

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Paul George the benefit of the doubt as say he's the best player on the team followed closely by David West. Seriously though, we're about to get a serious dose of Roy Hibbert????

You'll see soon enough. :lol:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is good, Id even be worried about our matchups with West, maybe even Hansborough because he hustles and does little things, but to fear Hibbert? Come on..

The Pacers need to fear the BIRDMAN... (see, now doesnt that sound silly)