• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early trade talk from Eklund / Yzerman should be thinking extensions

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means that Darcy Regier is in a strong spot. There is also interest in Steve Ott. I am hearing Tampa and Chicago...(the latter would be closer to the deadline...)

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Ten Quick Hit Monday Rumors...

I was actually thinking about Ott a couple of days ago, no lie. Panik is now playing 4th line and out of the shuffle, Ott makes perfect sense on the 4th line alongside Thompson and Crombeen. Ott is a gritty, physical agitator, a player who I don't particular like but I would like to have him. He'd add character, he plays sound defensively (kills penalties), he's gritty, he's a very good faceoff man, he plays physical, he's somewhat like Gudas, I think his style of play really is what Cooper likes.

Alex Killorn, Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Brett Connolly, Richard Panik, Andrej Sustr, Mark Barberio and Anders Lindback are all RFA's at the end of the year, I think Yzerman needs to extend some of these right now starting with Alex Killorn.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hockeybuzz is the place to be getting info - Eklund has gotten a lot of things wrong in the past

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eklund always gets a bad shake and I understand why but I also listen to him quite a bit.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means that Darcy Regier is in a strong spot. There is also interest in Steve Ott. I am hearing Tampa and Chicago...(the latter would be closer to the deadline...)

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Ten Quick Hit Monday Rumors...

I was actually thinking about Ott a couple of days ago, no lie. Panik is now playing 4th line and out of the shuffle, Ott makes perfect sense on the 4th line alongside Thompson and Crombeen. Ott is a gritty, physical agitator, a player who I don't particular like but I would like to have him. He'd add character, he plays sound defensively (kills penalties), he's gritty, he's a very good faceoff man, he plays physical, he's somewhat like Gudas, I think his style of play really is what Cooper likes.

Alex Killorn, Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Brett Connolly, Richard Panik, Andrej Sustr, Mark Barberio and Anders Lindback are all RFA's at the end of the year, I think Yzerman needs to extend some of these right now starting with Alex Killorn.
eklund gets it right most of the time I like his views on hockey. but IDK ? steve ott I don't think he is a good fit in tampa. As for resigning players I would extend killorn, johnson, Sustr and palat all others can wait till the offseason for now. Connolly lets give him 20 more games before we hand him a bigger contract to play.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eklund gets it right most of the time I like his views on hockey. but IDK ? steve ott I don't think he is a good fit in tampa. As for resigning players I would extend killorn, johnson, Sustr and palat all others can wait till the offseason for now. Connolly lets give him 20 more games before we hand him a bigger contract to play.

I do think Ott would be a nice pickup but he's a bit of a nutter, a lot of baggage comes with him and I do think his discipline is an issue but his style of play is somewhat what Cooper likes. I would like to see Yzerman look for more grit and more depth. Another name that springs to mind is Taylor Pyatt, thinking of it i'd prefer him over Ott.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Ott would be a nice pickup but he's a bit of a nutter, a lot of baggage comes with him and I do think his discipline is an issue but his style of play is somewhat what Cooper likes. I would like to see Yzerman look for more grit and more depth. Another name that springs to mind is Taylor Pyatt, thinking of it i'd prefer him over Ott.
ya but are forward lines are set where do you put ott or taylor pyatt ? I think if yzerman add's anything it will be a defenseman.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya but are forward lines are set where do you put ott or taylor pyatt ? I think if yzerman add's anything it will be a defenseman.

Well I've always been a fan of Panik but he's struggling and playing a guy on the 4th line who isn't a 4th line player regarding his style of play he's a -9 which by far the worst +/- rating on the team. I think you keep him around in case of injury but my patience is wearing thin with him. I don't know perhaps it's too early to jump on him, perhaps we should give him more time but if he carries on i'd like to Yzerman look for a trade.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think our defense looks fine as it is. I think Hedman is playing the best he's ever played, he's moulding into that # 1 defenseman that we thought we was going to get when we drafted him. Salo has been steady just like last year, Carle had an A+ plus first 9 or 10 games, been a bit sloppy since but he's still good. Guddy struggled at first I thought but his play is picking up as of late, love his physical play! Brewer has made a vast improvement over last year's performance, very nice to see and Barb's and Sustr have been solid as that # 6 D. I like Sustr's reach and I preferred Sustr but I'm starting to like Barb's mobility and puck moving ability more and more and his defensive game is underrated, he's not big but I think his positional play is vey sound and he's very good with his stick defensively.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but when I watch I still see a lot of bad giveaways from our D in our end. Despite these errant passes the team has still surprisingly found ways to win! Kudos to the Bolts, outstanding season so far but still young. Last season we started like this also & I hope this season does not go the direction last season went. I hope the Bolts keep their resilience & winning ways. With the addition of Fillp, we gained a great puck handler & I am hoping that Stevie You addresses the D & finds us a great puck handling D-man! I still think our D needs a lot of help. I think it's been Bishop & only Bishop on the D that's been keeping us in games. He is still facing too many shots on goal per game.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've always been a fan of Panik but he's struggling and playing a guy on the 4th line who isn't a 4th line player regarding his style of play he's a -9 which by far the worst +/- rating on the team. I think you keep him around in case of injury but my patience is wearing thin with him. I don't know perhaps it's too early to jump on him, perhaps we should give him more time but if he carries on i'd like to Yzerman look for a trade.
yes panik is not playing that well they brought up connolly put him on the 4th line. But I always like to wait till we hit the 25 game mark till I judge how guys are doing.