• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projecting the Offseason 3rd attempt

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades

Tyler Johnson and Andrej Sustr to Minnesota for Marco Scandella and Louis Belpedio

I think going into the offseason Yzerman will listen to offers on Drouin. Yzerman will set the price high for Drouin as he should and in the end I have a feeling they won't move Drouin, I don't think they will be able land a calibre defenseman they are looking e.g. Shattenkirk. After failing to move Drouin they will move Johnson and it makes sense. Stammer is the team's #1 center, Point showed he can be the team's #2 with Vladdy and Paquette being the team's #3 & #4 center's, the bolts top prospect is Brett Howden who projects at this team's future #2 center and could be on the team as early as the 2018-2019 season.

In this deal the Lightning land a very steady stay-at-home defenseman in Marco Scandella who at age 27 has 3 years left on his current deal at $4 mill. hey also pick up Belpedio who is a 20 year old prospect and is ranked as there 8th best prospect. He fits the bill as a righty shot puck moving defenseman which they lost when they traded DeAngelo.

Jason Garrison to Nashville for a 2018 4th round pick

Like in the last thread I still have this deal happening. The Preds could use a bit more depth on the blueline and Garrison gives them an experienced steady defensman who can play top 4 minutes if needed but think he would exceed as #5 defenseman in Nashville behind Josi, Subban, Ekholm and Ellis.

In return the Lightning get a draft pick but importantly create some more cap space.

Draft - 14th overall pick Juuso Valimaki - Defenseman - Tri City Americans (WHL)

The Finland-born defenseman has an intriguing mix of speed and mobility that allows him to join the attack. He had 61 points (19 goals, 42 assists) in 60 games, seventh among WHL defensemen. In addition to his vision and ability to quickly transition from defense to offense, his size (6-2, 204) makes him an imposing figure protecting his net.

Pending UFA's & RFA's

Ondrej Palat signs a 6 year deal worth $31.5 million ($5.25 AAV)
Jonathan Drouin signs 3 year deal worth $12 million ($4 AAV)
Jake Dotchin signs a 2 year deal woth $2.5 million ($1.25 AAV)
Peter Budaj signs a 2 year deal worth $2 million ($1 AAV)
Luke Witkowski signs a 1 year deal worth 700K
Greg McKegg signs a year deal worth 700k

FA

Cody Franson signs a 3 year deal worth $9 mill ($3 AAV)
Brian Boyle signs a 2 year deal worth $3 mill ($1.5 AAV)

Lightning add another defenseman in Cody Franson. Yzerman has shown previous interest Franson but never been able to acquire his services. He's a big, rangy puck moving defensman who has a bomb from the point, he also can play a phyiscal game. Brain Boyle didn't want to leave Tampa but down to the nature of the business he was moved. He still has a house in the Tampa area and lives there with his wife and son and they are soon expected another child. Boyle loved it in Tampa and the organization loved him. He could get more money elsewhere but I see him returning on a discount deal in chase another cup.

Team

Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Namestinkov-Erne
Paquette-Boyle-Brown

McKegg

Hedman-Dotchin
Scandella-Stralman
Coburn-Franson

Koekkeok

Vasilveski
Budaj

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ducks are really deep in D-men. Will they have to give one up to Las Vegas expansion team with nothing in return? I think Drouin gets traded to the Ducks, the Lightning gain one of their top four D-men and a pick. Maybe even two picks, if Y is as good of a negotiator as you guys seem to think he is.