• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Draft crushes

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you drooling over? :drool:

for me

Jarran Reed 6'4" 313#(Poor mans Suh)

The only 2 gapper that has the ability to be anything other than a plug in at Alabama he was able to break free from double teams and still be a very disruptive presence in the backfield. If the lions decide to go hybrid he could be used as a nose in 34 alignments.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon Day...High effort, high motor, undersized guy that just makes plays all over the field.

Leonte Carroo...This guy when healthy reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald. He just catches everything in sight.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall.

#1 Jalen Ramsey...S/CB...FL St.

Probably the surest thing to a plug and play S in this draft...has the coverage skills to play either S spot or CB.

#2 Jaylon Smith...OLB...ND

Assuming his knee is healthy...many think he might be the best pure edge pass rusher in this draft, also has the speed to cover TEs/RBs in space. Should play early, maybe even start on some teams.

Somewhat Realistic @ 25

#1 Noah Spence...OLB/DE...E. KY...some off the field problems led him to E. KY, but a lot of people think he's top 15 talent...Sr bowl showed he's got the goods to be a strong edge pass rusher.

#2 echoing your pick Reed....one of the DTs is going to fall...probably won't be him, but flanked by 2 pro bowl caliber DEs...this guy can push the pocket. and control both A gaps as you mentioned...that's rare today.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I see from Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith. Wicked talents with the possibility to fall in the draft. Going to depend on whether you want Navorro Bowman or Patrick Willis but they are both top flight prospects.

I see a lot of Steven Jackson in Derrick Henry. I'm generally not a fan of hyped Alabama products but he is almost flying too much under the radar for someone who would probably be my favorite for OROY when he comes out. Nobody is going to want to tackle Henry in the 4th quarter. Its going to be curious to see where he falls just due to the worry about his workload and the RB position in general. A guy like Brandon Jacobs had 3 great years and 2 average starting years. Whats that worth in draft value?

My big worry on a lot of the players in this draft is longevity. Lots of players injured, lots of players playing full college careers and lots of players with lots of reps.

Last edited:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall.

#1 Jalen Ramsey...S/CB...FL St.

Probably the surest thing to a plug and play S in this draft...has the coverage skills to play either S spot or CB.

Hoping he falls to the Ravens.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenneth Dixon is flying up my list with every game I watch of this kid. He has one of the best first steps I have seen. Just seems to go from 0-60 in about 2 steps. Reminds me a lot of Clinton Portis in his prime. Needs some major work on blocking and needs to learn you can't bounce everything outside and use your speed to beat everybody, but the talent is definitely there to be a great player in the league. Also just to add that even though this guy will be known more for his speed and acceleration I really enjoyed that the guy is not afraid to lower his shoulder to help pick up a few extra yards. Averaged 3.3 yards after contact which was tops for college football. Always found a way to pick up more yards than you thought possible.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping he falls to the Ravens.

Not a chance. Some have San Diego selecting him with the impending departure of Weddle. Ramsey will have to ultra fail the combine to slip to Baltimore. Jalen is HIGHLY impressing every team he's interviewed with as well.

That said, 100% agreed that Baltimore needs him for the position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenneth Dixon is flying up my list with every game I watch of this kid. He has one of the best first steps I have seen. Just seems to go from 0-60 in about 2 steps. Reminds me a lot of Clinton Portis in his prime. Needs some major work on blocking and needs to learn you can't bounce everything outside and use your speed to beat everybody, but the talent is definitely there to be a great player in the league. Also just to add that even though this guy will be known more for his speed and acceleration I really enjoyed that the guy is not afraid to lower his shoulder to help pick up a few extra yards. Averaged 3.3 yards after contact which was tops for college football. Always found a way to pick up more yards than you thought possible.
I haven't checked him out yet. I did look at Louisiana Tech's DT prospect Vernon Butler. I was hoping to see some 3-4 DE action in there with his quick burst but he is likely a 4-3 DT pass rusher. Butler ironically has one of the worst first steps I have ever seen. Really slow to get out of his stance. If he ever fixes that, though...could be one of the 5 best players in the draft. Someone is going to reach on him thinking they can coach him up. Loads of upside.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance. Some have San Diego selecting him with the impending departure of Weddle. Ramsey will have to ultra fail the combine to slip to Baltimore. Jalen is HIGHLY impressing every team he's interviewed with as well.

That said, 100% agreed that Baltimore needs him for the position.

Chargers are a true draft wildcard...Ramsey makes sense, Stanley makes sense, Bosa makes sense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked him out yet. I did look at Louisiana Tech's DT prospect Vernon Butler. I was hoping to see some 3-4 DE action in there with his quick burst but he is likely a 4-3 DT pass rusher. Butler ironically has one of the worst first steps I have ever seen. Really slow to get out of his stance. If he ever fixes that, though...could be one of the 5 best players in the draft. Someone is going to reach on him thinking they can coach him up. Loads of upside.

I would highly recommend you check him out. He has some major red flags to his game like being a terrible pass blocker and sometimes can view himself as Barry Sanders that can run in the back field forever in the hopes of turning it into a big play but I think he has everything else you want in a RB. Those things can somewhat be coached up.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college ball that closely, except for Houston. Really like Houston CB William Jackson. I expect he will be the first Houston player drafted. Also like WR Demarcus Ayers a lot, though I really think he should come back for his senior season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, agreed 100%. Point being, Ramsey wont drop to the Ravens.

If he blows up the combine like I'm hearing...I tend to agree, DAL or JAX would take him is SD doesn't...which is another reason I think BAL will trade out of 6.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Fuller is a WR that I think could be big if he goes to the right team. Gets separation with the greatest of ease. CBs in college were scared of him playing 10yds off. USC got beat badly thinking they could cover him tight and then spent the rest of the game giving him 10yd cushions and closing early causing a PI.

Looks a lot like Paul Richardson from Seattle without the injury baggage.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are some players i like.. Eli Apple, Dairan Thompson, Braxton Miller, Jack Conklin, and Ezekiel Elliott..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking in terms of projected non-first rounders, I like Tyler Matakevich, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Carroo, Kevin Peterson (CB), Nick Vannett, Mike Thomas (S. Miss, not Ohio St), Tajae Sharpe, Geronimo Allison, Jack Allen, Sheldon Day (although he may move into the first). It's easy to like first rounders. Of course, I'm also thinking mainly in terms of positions the Rams need. I'd like Kevin Hogan a heck of a lot better if he didn't wind up to throw like he was tossing a javelin.

I'm still mad at Jake Butt for staying in school lol. Has Dan Voltz (C, Wisconsin) declared either way yet?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball has Chris Jones going in the 4th round. Seems like an ideal 3-4 DE or 4-3 Gerald McCoy type. I'd much rather take a shot at him in a later round than go after an interior lineman in rd1. Interior linemen bust all of the time

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Been posting since day 1 my draft crush is Connor Cook. Goff will be a good one too.

LOVE Ryan Kelly.

Robert Nkemdiche is a personality risk, but he's a monster. Want.

Want the kicker from FSU.

Been a big Taylor Decker fan all year.

LOVE Josh Doctson, but his weight is listed pretty low; waiting for combine to confirm this love.

Andrew Billings is a stud (4-3 only though :( )

Carl Nassib is criminally underrated.

Aldolphus Washington is pretty underrated too, but apparently he's a D'bag.