• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early 2013 Prediction

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not liking this year. Ready to see what Blake can do at the helm but the defense is going to be depleted. 9 Starters gone for sure, possibly 10 on defense.

ULM - W
WVU - W
Tulsa - W
@ ND - L
TCU - Toss up
Texas - L
@ Kansas - W
Texas Tech - W
@ Baylor - L
Iowa State - W
@ KSU - Toss up
@ OSU - L

8-4/7-5

Mike Stoops is going to have to work a miracle. After spring I'll look at it again but right now we are looking at a down year.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no, we aren't going to lose to Tejas. IMO.... It may be an ugly season, but I don't see Texas doing that much better. Maybe a push.

But as for the rest of them....it hurts to me to say. You could be right.

SoonerDO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not liking this year. Ready to see what Blake can do at the helm but the defense is going to be depleted. 9 Starters gone for sure, possibly 10 on defense.

ULM - W
WVU - W
Tulsa - W
@ ND - L
TCU - Toss up
Texas - L
@ Kansas - W
Texas Tech - W
@ Baylor - L
Iowa State - W
@ KSU - Toss up
@ OSU - L

8-4/7-5

Mike Stoops is going to have to work a miracle. After spring I'll look at it again but right now we are looking at a down year.

I can even see Tulsa putting up a fight. :L

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocky Calmus
Teddy Lehman
Tommie Harris
Mark Clayton
Jammal Brown
Adrian Peterson
Dan Cody
Curtis Lofton
Gerald McCoy
Jermaine Gresham
Sam Bradford
Ryan Broyles
Etc., etc., etc.

What do all these outstanding (All-American) players have in common? NONE of them ever won a National Championship at OU. It's been nearly 4,500 days since OU won its last NC. And speaking of "last", the last National Championship that Bob Stoops will ever win was back in 2000. Face it: Bob Stoops is a 1-trick pony. He's had his ass handed to him by Saban, Carroll, Miles, Meyer, etc. over the years and now Kelly, Snyder, etc. are schooling him. We're even down to the point where we can't win at home!!

I've been privileged to have known many coaches and players starting back in the Chuck Fairbanks era through Barry Switzer and even through the Wilderness Seasons under Gary (No Personality) Gibbs, John (10-piece Bucket) Blake and Howard (The Drunk) Schnellenberger. But Stoops? Worst by far. Far worst. A complete asshole who reminds me of an old whore who has lost it......who is now putting her makeup on with a trowel and squeezing into her 10 years old dress and dropping her prices hoping her old regulars will hang in there with her.

Blame Castligione. Don't blame Stoops for hanging on to a good gig where he makes a lot of money while giving the slack jawed yokels regular championships in a watered down Big XII. Or at least used to give conference championships. I don't count co-champs. That's for high schools and UT supporters.

Our recruiting is in the toilet. We have coaches who couldn't hold a candle to Switzer's staff. We are constantly being embarrassed on national TV. Who the fuck would want to play for OU right now if they had an offer from a school that was at least competitive in big games? Even USC with Lane Kiffin is out recruiting Stoops right now!!

I won't be used any longer. Wake me up when Stoops is gone and I'll start writing checks again. I've told Castiglione to his face that the day is coming when Stoops is going to pull something that will force his and Boren's hand. He'll pull a Bo Pellini on someone at the worst possible moment and the Oklahoma City press will even turn on him.

Go away, Bob. Retire. Have a heart attack. Find Jesus. Do something! Anything but waste our lives hoping the future holds anything we haven't already seen over the past several years: an OU coaching staff that gobbles up huge amounts of talent and then shits horrific losses. Your brother isn't the answer, Bob. The answer is your getting the hell out of that job and letting OU start the process of rebuilding its program before the current situation renders it as flaccid as the basketball program has become.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may actually be his last hurrah from what I've heard. Why do you think he 180'd on his whole "share of the Big XII" stance? It's because he knows that's one of the things that will enable him to hold on to the position.

The larger donors are actually starting to grumble loudly now. In the previous few seasons, Stoops has at least finished strong in the bowl game heading into spring with some momentum. The mad grabs at JUCO's in numbers never seen before in his tenure are prime indicators that he is starting to feel some heat.

I've also heard that Castiglione is measuring some other coaches up. I'd throw out some names but some of them are pretty unbelievable.

Stay tuned.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nothing really stood out in spring that makes me want to change my mind.

Knight was a huge surprise. He looks very talented. I think Bell gets the starting position. He has the tenure and knows the system.

Sticking with 8 wins.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocky Calmus
Teddy Lehman
Tommie Harris
Mark Clayton
Jammal Brown
Adrian Peterson
Dan Cody
Curtis Lofton
Gerald McCoy
Jermaine Gresham
Sam Bradford
Ryan Broyles
Etc., etc., etc.

What do all these outstanding (All-American) players have in common? NONE of them ever won a National Championship at OU. It's been nearly 4,500 days since OU won its last NC. And speaking of "last", the last National Championship that Bob Stoops will ever win was back in 2000. Face it: Bob Stoops is a 1-trick pony. He's had his ass handed to him by Saban, Carroll, Miles, Meyer, etc. over the years and now Kelly, Snyder, etc. are schooling him. We're even down to the point where we can't win at home!!

I've been privileged to have known many coaches and players starting back in the Chuck Fairbanks era through Barry Switzer and even through the Wilderness Seasons under Gary (No Personality) Gibbs, John (10-piece Bucket) Blake and Howard (The Drunk) Schnellenberger. But Stoops? Worst by far. Far worst. A complete asshole who reminds me of an old whore who has lost it......who is now putting her makeup on with a trowel and squeezing into her 10 years old dress and dropping her prices hoping her old regulars will hang in there with her.

Blame Castligione. Don't blame Stoops for hanging on to a good gig where he makes a lot of money while giving the slack jawed yokels regular championships in a watered down Big XII. Or at least used to give conference championships. I don't count co-champs. That's for high schools and UT supporters.

Our recruiting is in the toilet. We have coaches who couldn't hold a candle to Switzer's staff. We are constantly being embarrassed on national TV. Who the fuck would want to play for OU right now if they had an offer from a school that was at least competitive in big games? Even USC with Lane Kiffin is out recruiting Stoops right now!!

I won't be used any longer. Wake me up when Stoops is gone and I'll start writing checks again. I've told Castiglione to his face that the day is coming when Stoops is going to pull something that will force his and Boren's hand. He'll pull a Bo Pellini on someone at the worst possible moment and the Oklahoma City press will even turn on him.

Go away, Bob. Retire. Have a heart attack. Find Jesus. Do something! Anything but waste our lives hoping the future holds anything we haven't already seen over the past several years: an OU coaching staff that gobbles up huge amounts of talent and then shits horrific losses. Your brother isn't the answer, Bob. The answer is your getting the hell out of that job and letting OU start the process of rebuilding its program before the current situation renders it as flaccid as the basketball program has become.

You're the first OU fan I've seen that can admit that. Oklahoma is talented and has a great fanbase, but you are really in need of a new coach. That guy is the worst coach in the nation on the big stage and has been for a while. With only 1 BCS win in the last decade (against the worst BCS bowl participant in history), I can't believe your entire fanbase isn't calling for his head at this point. There have got to be several young, talented coaches that would love to go to OU.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Die hard Sooner brethren here. Just came over from the god awful cbs after a five year stint over there.

I think this year has alot of young talent, hungry guys that are not full of themselves, and ready to prove they belong. It is going to be a rough year, but if they pull it together by the ND game, we could have an epic season. If they cant get it right, it looks to be another dismal 8 win season, or possibly worst.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Die hard Sooner brethren here. Just came over from the god awful cbs after a five year stint over there.

I think this year has alot of young talent, hungry guys that are not full of themselves, and ready to prove they belong. It is going to be a rough year, but if they pull it together by the ND game, we could have an epic season. If they cant get it right, it looks to be another dismal 8 win season, or possibly worst.

Welcome, to the Hoop

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With OUGuy. Glad to have somewhere to land.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another CBS refugee here. Hey SoonerAlum and OUguy. Good to see you both!

FYI to the poster who admittedly made a lot of valid points, Rocky Calmus was a part of the 2000 NC team. Heck, he caused the Weinke fumble that Roy Williams recovered deep in FSU territory to literally seal it. A few plays later, Brad Nessler exclaimed, "Quintin Griffin, touchdown!"
No doubt, things have changed since then.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With OUGuy. Glad to have somewhere to land.

Another CBS refugee here. Hey SoonerAlum and OUguy. Good to see you both!

FYI to the poster who admittedly made a lot of valid points, Rocky Calmus was a part of the 2000 NC team. Heck, he caused the Weinke fumble that Roy Williams recovered deep in FSU territory to literally seal it. A few plays later, Brad Nessler exclaimed, "Quintin Griffin, touchdown!"
No doubt, things have changed since then.

Welcome Sooner Fans!

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 10 wins or so and I am happy that we won't be taking our qb out in the redzone. That is what cost us the Kansas State game last year and it hurt our offensive continuity, last year.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 10 wins or so and I am happy that we won't be taking our qb out in the redzone. That is what cost us the Kansas State game last year and it hurt our offensive continuity, last year.

Could still possibly happen this year. If bell doesn't get the nod as starter.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:help:

Homerism is starting to take me over. It must be all these new Longhorns at the Hoop.

I don't know if I can hold it back. :exploding: