• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fuggin shittin me?!

Yes, if it comes down to something like a trade for Dez or Earl ends up walking this is a trade that I absolutely do! Since we all have the Cowboys crammed down our throat for a lot of the national games I've noticed that Dez is a super passionate player. The Cowboys paid him a lot of money, and then as soon as Dak showed up his production went way down. Doug has a similar fire that doesn't go beyond on the field.

cancerous clown

The Hawks are full of them, we'll be ok.

I would rather have a sack o' hammers

This is why I'm so glad fans are not in charge!
I just cannot stand Dez, and it makes me nauseous to think about having to root for him. And he hasn't been good in a while. That plus his age and $12.5M base salary make this totally foolish. The only upside I see in that deal is we could cut bait on him with no cap penalty.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cancerous clown

The Hawks are full of them, we'll be ok.
Such as? Lemme guess -- Bennett? He's the 1 guy I would put in that category, and he's about to be an ex-Seahawk soon enough. Why bring in another as he's about to leave the building? "Hey, I have lots of credit card debt, might as well get some more!" No thanks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much prefer extending Thomas, then trading for Dez. Dez is on a steep decline

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much prefer extending Thomas, then trading for Dez. Dez is on a steep decline
Anything less than a 1st and 3rd round pick or i would look to resign him

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, by no means do I even want to trade Earl. Of all the extensions we've made over the last couple of years I feel Earl has the least amount of risk should we decide to extend. My hope is that he is extended and we can put all of this behind us, but if he is to walk I just hope that it's not all for nothing.

As for Dez, I guess I'm on an island for satisfying Earl's hope to go home while opening up cap space for a deal to Dallas even happening; maybe we convince Dallas to take Earl & Brown for Tyron Smith & Zack Martin ;-)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory that Earl's injury in 2016 really scared the crap out of him and made him realize that his career could be a lot shorter than he originally thought it would be. The fact that he actually considered retiring after that injury, even if only briefly, should give you a good idea why he's adamant about both making as much money as he can as soon as he can and playing for his hometown team. Would it suck to see him move on and play somewhere else? Absolutely! He's the second best safety the franchise has ever had and he'll go into the Hall of Fame as a Seahawk, so naturally Hawk fans want him to finish his career here too.

I think you just have to try to look at it from his perspective too before you start saying "Good riddance". He's now missed multiple games due to injury in each of the past two seasons after never having missed a game for any reason dating back to his rookie year. The fact that the Seahawks failed to make the playoffs this year, combined with what he would likely consider to be a major disappointment in the play of the defense he co-leads might have him thinking that the Hawks won't be in a position to get back to the Super Bowl, much less win it again, before he retires. If he hadn't suffered those injuries the past two years, he might not be so eager to get another shot at a ring, play for his hometown team and get one more big contract now.

None of that is to say that I liked seeing him practically ask the Cowboys to sign him or that I liked that he got into it with Wagner for whatever reason, but I think I can understand some of his reasons for wanting the big bucks, whether it comes from the Seahawks or not. Besides, he's an intense guy. Intense people aren't usually known for their thoughtfulness or tact.