• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Eagles @ Panthers 8:25PM EST (aka Tony Romo Show)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount was a huge addition when you consider he is only making $1.25 million on a one year deal.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit. Why didn't the Lions get to play against this version of Cam Newton? He was practically flawless last week. Trash today.
Patriot fans share your misery

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam always goes into bitch mode when someone smacks him in the mouth. Just ask the Broncos. Fletcher Cox was that man today.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles' defense had a little to do with Cam, not playing all that good tonight.
Agree, they played very well except the the two PI calls on Mills, but he made up for it.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they are the real deal.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in:

The Eagles are a pretty decent football team.

Actually pretty damn good.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount was a huge addition when you consider he is only making $1.25 million on a one year deal.
Yep, I wasn't sure I wanted to see him go. Sure wish we still had him the way NE has been on short yardage. The verdict is still out on his replacements Gillislee and Burkhead.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles' defense had a little to do with Cam, not playing all that good tonight.
You got that right...the D beat the piss out of him...and that's probably a big reason why Rivera challenged the no TD call, Cam was hurting. As an aside, the Panthers D beat up on Wentz too...and the turnovers were the difference in this game

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House Money Game

Nobody would have thought poorly had the Eagles went and lost a road game versus the Hot Panthers.

This really was a statement game for them to go and win even when it seemed unlikely.

Can sit back now and root against the division foes now.... with a full 11 days to prepare for the Skins on MNF and heal up injuries.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in:

The Eagles are a pretty decent football team.

Actually pretty damn good.

If they can get past the Skins next Monday night they will be 6-1 playing San Fran and getting ready for the bye with a two game lead and tie breakers over the 2nd place team in the NFC East.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get past the Skins next Monday night they will be 6-1 playing San Fran and getting ready for the bye with a two game lead and tie breakers over the 2nd place team in the NFC East.

They keep it up and they'll be playing for more than just the division title.

They'll be playing for the #1 seed.

Still a lot of football to go but right now they are putting it all together.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right...the D beat the piss out of him...and that's probably a big reason why Rivera challenged the no TD call, Cam was hurting. As an aside, the Panthers D beat up on Wentz too...and the turnovers were the difference in this game

I know I sound like a broken record and a punk bitch but the refs had a monumental impact on this game. Not even the 10 for 125 yards for Philly and 1 for 1 yard for Carolina but it was just horrific call after horrific call. Im glad we won cause it makes me sound like even more of a little bitch but it was fucking ridiculous. Literally every drive Carolina scored they were aided with a BS penalty.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm bitter because I'm playing McCaffrey in fantasy, but that leaping Cam review before McCaffrey scored was a clear TD. CLEAR. I don't know the refs fucked up that badly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm bitter because I'm playing McCaffrey in fantasy, but that leaping Cam review before McCaffrey scored was a clear TD. CLEAR. I don't know the refs fucked up that badly.

I didnt see it like that all. It seems like he was out of bounds and so was the ball. Not trying to be unobjective but I couldnt tell definitevely.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see it like that all. It seems like he was out of bounds and so was the ball. Not trying to be unobjective but I couldnt tell definitevely.
The goal line extends to infinity. If the player doesn't touch out of bounds before the ball crosses the goal line, it's a TD. There was at least one clear view that showed he got in.

Here, found it on youtube

B1r0M8Q.png

Can't see the whole picture here but his foot is a good 6 inches off the grass. The video below starts right at the point this is taken so you can see that he keeps falling for another second in slow-mo before the foot hits at 8 min 56 seconds.

They showed another view during the game that was even more clear.

Pretty much a textbook example of the goaline going to infinity. I think think they definitely fucked up.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters much. They still scored and Philly still stopped them later. Only thing it really did was cost the Panthers a TO which could have been a big deal I guess.

Point is that I got fucked over and now I have an excuse to bitch more if I lose by less than 6 points this week.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal line extends to infinity. If the player doesn't touch out of bounds before the ball crosses the goal line, it's a TD. There was at least one clear view that showed he got in.

Here, found it on youtube

B1r0M8Q.png

Can't see the whole picture here but his foot is a good 6 inches off the grass. The video below starts right at the point this is taken so you can see that he keeps falling for another second in slow-mo before the foot hits at 8 min 56 seconds.

They showed another view during the game that was even more clear.

Pretty much a textbook example of the goaline going to infinity. I think think they definitely fucked up.

Interesting. So if your whole body is out of bounds and the ball crosses the goal line behind the pylon on the out of bounds side of the pylon it's a TD?

I don't get how they make mistakes. We had a punt a few weeks ago that was downed and you could see clear as day his foot wasn't in the endzone. I said it. The announcers said it. Blandino came on and said it... then they don't overturn the call. I don't get it.

So is that true. If the ball crosses the goal line completely out of bounds it's a TD??

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. So if your whole body is out of bounds and the ball crosses the goal line behind the pylon on the out of bounds side of the pylon it's a TD?

I don't get how they make mistakes. We had a punt a few weeks ago that was downed and you could see clear as day his foot wasn't in the endzone. I said it. The announcers said it. Blandino came on and said it... then they don't overturn the call. I don't get it.

So is that true. If the ball crosses the goal line completely out of bounds it's a TD??

As long as the player has full possession and the ball crosses the extended goal line before touching out of bounds then yes. The ball is the only thing that matters. The player's body position doesn't matter as long as they are not touching out of bounds.

That's why Nantz said he thought it was a TD. The official just didn't see concrete visual evidence in his opinion which is why he said the call "stands" and not that the call was "confirmed".

I just thought there was pretty clear evidence to overturn.