• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles cuts so far

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Tebow was cut... Chip To go with GJ Kinne as emergency qb/WR on Practice squad Opens up extra roster spot. Stayed tuned... Reports Tebow already seen at the airport.

lol. So the only kernel or truth here is Tebow at the airport. Do you really think they would be keeping Kinne on the Practice Squad when he didn't even make the 75??....Nooo, you keep him around the extra week and show him some luv, maybe even a few snaps at QB in the finale. When you don't make the 75 your career is toast.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Barner and kind of surprised the Birds at least don't stash him on the PS.

Barner and Mostert are excellent examples of why many teams don't believe in investing heavy in RBs. Here are street FAs that look pretty damn good, yet the Eagles opted to invest 60+ million in a guy. If any of the Eagles moves backfire I think it could be this one. Heavy investment in a position where a Matthews/Sproles/Barner depth chart doesn't look all that bad.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is crap, dpd. The $50M for Shady was a bad contract Murray will be great in Chip's offense, shared with Matthews and Sproles. Barner and Mostert won't look as good against the opponents starters. I would like to have both of them as backups, but not starters.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Barner and kind of surprised the Birds at least don't stash him on the PS.

He wouldn't make it to the PS; he'd be scooped up. That's why they want to trade him for a mid or late pick.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't make it to the PS; he'd be scooped up. That's why they want to trade him for a mid or late pick.
Now that is crap, dpd. The $50M for Shady was a bad contract Murray will be great in Chip's offense, shared with Matthews and Sproles. Barner and Mostert won't look as good against the opponents starters. I would like to have both of them as backups, but not starters.
That's a fact!!!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Freeman was Released he would be a fine #3 option and according to DPD Way of looking at stats, a soon to be HOF Qb. Bringem in!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for Mostert to be a Cowboy... Eagles just waived him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for Mostert to be a Cowboy... Eagles just waived him.

My big fear!! He would be great in their offense. I said several times, that they should have had him tweak an ankle to stash him. Even if he were on IR for the year, who knows if he would be able to move up the depth chart next year, or just return kicks.

Could be a HUGE mistake!!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance Mostert makes it through waivers and onto our practice squad. Every team has a Mostert type. The guy who will get picked up if they cut him is Goode.

Also I would release Tebow. Nobody is going to pick him up if one of the top two go down you sign him as the backup then.

One other thing, with the release of Evans and Milhalik and the injury to Sheppard, we will have only 3 draft picks make the team this year.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is evidently on the block. Will be released if not traded.

You want your third QB in the building being trained. If its Tebow, he has no Practice Squad eligibility. Even for those of you who are not fond of Tebow, I think you would rather have him in the house and trained rather than sitting at home and getting the call in two months.

Remember that Tebow will most likely be inactive anyways, as would the guy that would theoretically replace him. Its more important to have Tebow in the house than to have Couplin, Goode or Reynolds on the inactive roster.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, if Tebow makes the team, Chip will utilize him for 2 pt conversions, etc. If anyone is deactivated for a game, it would be Sanchez, and if SB gets injured Tebow will complete the game, and Sanchez starts the next week.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is evidently on the block. Will be released if not traded.

You want your third QB in the building being trained. If its Tebow, he has no Practice Squad eligibility. Even for those of you who are not fond of Tebow, I think you would rather have him in the house and trained rather than sitting at home and getting the call in two months.

Remember that Tebow will most likely be inactive anyways, as would the guy that would theoretically replace him. Its more important to have Tebow in the house than to have Couplin, Goode or Reynolds on the inactive roster.

Just my opinion and gut talking here...

I think Tebow is going to be active more than thought
I get the feeling that Kelly is enamored with Tebow's intangibles for example putting him in there on goal line situations and maybe 4th down conversions

anyways time for the season to start already!

EDIT: whoops old duke beat me to the thought :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Jaylen Watkins got cut. I think that the ILB, Diaheem Watkins made the team. I like his size and potential. Maybe he can play OLB, where we need depth.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Barner is not getting traded, unless, of course, they get a big offer for him. I think bailey makes it to the PS, and he gets a "sore hammy" to keep someone from poaching him.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, if Tebow makes the team, Chip will utilize him for 2 pt conversions, etc. If anyone is deactivated for a game, it would be Sanchez, and if SB gets injured Tebow will complete the game, and Sanchez starts the next week.

Interesting idea, but I doubt that they are paying Sanchez the big bucks and then making him inactive on game day. While I am obviously big on Tebow, even I think it would be silly for Tebow to end up playing, while the guy with a year under his belt in this system is inactive.

As far as Tebow being active and sitting someone else, its really hard to figure out the special teams situation? The ST coach will likely insist on certain guys being active and we won't really understand that one until next Monday. It will be a numbers game, that will get easier every week as the injuries pile up and make the decision easier.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Freeman was Released he would be a fine #3 option and according to DPD Way of looking at stats, a soon to be HOF Qb. Bringem in!

No he wouldn't.