• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles cuts so far

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading between the lines it looks like Tebow, Barner, Biggers, Rice and Couplin are all in. Last shot comes down to one of two guys. Andrews as a 9th offensive lineman. or Watkins as a 5th outside linebacker. Big surprise is Rice beating out Watkins.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading between the lines it looks like Tebow, Barner, Biggers, Rice and Couplin are all in. Last shot comes down to one of two guys. Andrews as a 9th offensive lineman. or Watkins as a 5th outside linebacker. Big surprise is Rice beating out Watkins.

I wuld pick Watkins over Andrews.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they all will be here game 1. I think the Eagles will pick up at least one maybe two guys who get cut. Barner I think is here, they might have shopped him in hopes of getting a pick next year. If they got one then they would have dealt him and kept Mostert as their 4th back. They didn't so they kept Barner. Biggers and Rice I have to think one of them will be out. Or it could be Couplin out with Rowe moving back to Safety (which might be his best position).

As a side note: Chips poor decision to draft Hicks instead of an offensive lineman makes this draft class look really bad. In fact with Alonzo and Kendricks here for at least the next 2 years it really makes no sense. Now we are cutting a better player in Goode in order to keep Hicks just because he was a draft pick. Looks like we will only get contribution from two players Agholor and Rowe going forward from this draft.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Chip and Ed Marynowitz would have drafted an OL with one of their picks, but when their turn came, didn't like an OL worthy of the pick. Hicks looks to be a solid ILB for ears to come.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Chip and Ed Marynowitz would have drafted an OL with one of their picks, but when their turn came, didn't like an OL worthy of the pick. Hicks looks to be a solid ILB for ears to come.

Its not as much about Hicks as the player even though Hicks won't ever crack the starting lineup with Alonzo and Kendricks here. It was a really poor use of an asset. Most of us said it when they took Hicks and I see nothing that has changed that. Hicks will be 4th inside linebacker for at least the next two years. Meanwhile we don't have much as a backup in the offensive line, we could have used more depth at outside linebacker. The secondary is always a concern (even though there was not really a db their to take).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the OL in the draft that you liked when the Eagles picked in the 3rd round? 4th? 5th?
Do some research back to the darft, and then we can debate. It's the BPA in each round, at yur draft spot that matters (without trading up of course).

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the OL in the draft that you liked when the Eagles picked in the 3rd round? 4th? 5th?
Do some research back to the darft, and then we can debate. It's the BPA in each round, at yur draft spot that matters (without trading up of course).

Tre Jackson for one, Daryl Williams,was another one sure they went in the 4th round but Hicks was looked at by most as a 4th or 5th rounder. They could have traded back in round 3 lots of options better than taking a 4th string ilb.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the typos. I was in a hurry to go to the PSU/Temple game today.
Should have stayed home.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaheem Watkins did not make the PS. Shame. I thought he looked good, and has good size for OLB.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no Rasheed Bailey?? And another TE? Ertz must be hurt worse than they say.
But Cooper and Maehl still here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no Rasheed Bailey?? And another TE? Ertz must be hurt worse than they say.
But Cooper and Maehl still here.

They keep Pratt and Martino over Bailey?? Martino did make the OBJ type catch from Tebow, but that's all I can think of with him.

Scratching my head.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep Pratt and Martino over Bailey?? Martino did make the OBJ type catch from Tebow, but that's all I can think of with him.

Scratching my head.

Chip should have consulted me for this list.