• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty Rebuild

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my 16 team dynasty league (AVG, R, SB, HR, RBI, K's / ERA, WHIP, SV, K, W, HR Allowed) I am currently rebuilding. I took over the team with horrible players. I still have a few pieces that I am trying to trade away for prospects. A league member wants Fister from me but doesn't really seem to want to offer me much for him. Right now his offer is J. Hahn and Almora for Fister. I don't feel it is enough and could probably get a higher touted prospect than Almora who K's alot and our league counts that stat for hitters so he would probably kill me there. Pieces I have left to trade include... Pierzynski, Garrett Jones, Utley, Rollins, Alexei Ramirez, Crisp, Byrd, J. Peralta, Bourn, Pagan, Grilli, H. Rondon, C. Young, Fister. Prospects/youth that I have added include... Swihart, Peraza, J. Bell, Pompey, Winker, A. Hanson, B. Starling, W. Smith, Berrios, Fiers, Guerrieri. Link to my team if any one is interested in seeing it. Texas Rangers - Free Fantasy Baseball - ESPN

I have never had to rebuild a team so I need some advice when dealing with trades and additions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like fun!

That is a pretty miserable cast, so you have your work cut out for you. I think you are going to have a hard time getting a significant prospect for anybody on your roster. Paul (Philabuster) is the guy who is most qualified to help you with this issue, but I tend to agree that I would want a little more in return for Fister. He may be the most valuable trade asset you have right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite the responses I was expecting but I was offered some descent prospects for Henderson Alvarez. Nick Franklin, Rafael Montero, and Drew Pomeranz for (my) Alvarez. The guy told me he was pretty high on Alvarez and this is what he offered me. I am leaning towards taking it. Only concern is Franklin really.

I was also offered M. Joyce, K. Morales, A. Sanchez, Foltynewicz for (my) Crisp, Byrd, Fister.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd think about just Pomeranz, the other two are gravy! I don't think Fister is someone you have to hold out with. I would really consider Almora and Hahn... maybe you can squeeze a little extra?
Utley might be heating up here, I would look for a 2b-weak team and go for something there.

I'm a little confused looking at your empty roster. You don't have to actually roster any major leaguers? How many can/must you keep?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep 25 total. I am second to last and they havnt said anything about me not having a full roster. I pretty much dropped anyone who was waiver wire fodder and added prospects that I thought were best for my team.

I am going to try and see if I can get someone else instead of Franklin. He has Alcantara, Owings, Nimmo, Straily... I am going to try for Owings then Alcantara in that order.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you can get him to up the price since he's told you he's "high on Alvarez". Just, if he rejects, I would settle for Franklin.

...and oh yeah, that Joyce offer is not something that would interest me... but I have no faith in Morales and as long as Sanchez is a Blue Jay, I don't like his long term picture, so I may differ in opinion to many there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you can get him to up the price since he's told you he's "high on Alvarez". Just, if he rejects, I would settle for Franklin.

...and oh yeah, that Joyce offer is not something that would interest me... but I have no faith in Morales and as long as Sanchez is a Blue Jay, I don't like his long term picture, so I may differ in opinion to many there.

That was Anibal Sanchez not Aaron from TOR. I like Folty and Sanchez but what the heck am I going to do with Joyce and Morales and I would just end up trading Sanchez anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did get Straily, Pomeranz, and Montero for Alvarez. I opted to get pitching because all I really have is Berrios.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Nice deal. I love it!

I like it too. I think Dickerson will eventually be a solid top 20 OF. I have him in both of my other leagues and now I have him in all 3. Hell my main league I had him since May 02. I know what he was made of and he could have success.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was offered Ackley, N. Franklin, JP Crawford for Crisp. Not a fan of Ackley. We use 1 SS, 1 2B and a 2B/SS slot. I already have Jose Peraza and Alen Hanson. Crawford is pretty far away but I am willing to wait because I am probably atleast 2 years away before I have the pieces to contend. Thoughts? I would probably counter and ask if he would replace Ackley. May be able to get Sims, deGrom, Eovaldi or maybe Alfaro. I have Swihart already though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too attached to Crisp. New homes for Franklin and Ackley could do them well. And in Ackley's case, he might get a shot at second base again. Although I would prefer one of those arms you mentioned too.

Hard to believe Trout was there for the taking when the M's drafted Ackley! (although 22 other teams missed him too)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So although I didnt get Crawford, Franklin I did trade Crisp and Byrd for Salazar, Bailey, Middlebrooks. It was offered to me. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like these offers more than I do?

I give Fister
I get Foltynewicz, Pineda

or

I give Homer Bailey
I get Luke Sims, W. Ramos

Even though I am in a complete rebuild I don't feel these offers are really there. I feel I should be getting atleast top 15-20 prospects for Fister and even Bailey. I dont feel the guys I was offered are of that elite status. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks all.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I wouldn't bother with those offers. Although I would be looking to "sell high" on Fister. A contending team might give a good prospect. Bailey, I think you can count on to be at least above average for a few years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like these offers more than I do?

I give Fister
I get Foltynewicz, Pineda

or

I give Homer Bailey
I get Luke Sims, W. Ramos

Even though I am in a complete rebuild I don't feel these offers are really there. I feel I should be getting atleast top 15-20 prospects for Fister and even Bailey. I dont feel the guys I was offered are of that elite status. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks all.

Pass

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I wouldn't bother with those offers. Although I would be looking to "sell high" on Fister. A contending team might give a good prospect. Bailey, I think you can count on to be at least above average for a few years.

Yea I feel Bailey hasnt been performing like I know he can and now probably isn't the right time to trade him. I also agree Fister is a good sell and I think he has been playing a little over his head. I havn't really gotten any great offers for either.

Got a differ offer for Salazar and B. McCarthy, I receive C. Taylor, D. Betances, N. Kingham
I like Betances and Kingham but I am already set at 2b/SS so I have no need for Taylor and I dont feel its enough. I like Salazar and I also like McCarthy more.

another Fister offer Taylor, Betances, Kingham. Another blah offer. I would like Betances but not for Fister.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Edwards and a 2nd rnd supplemental pick (team is in 10th place right now) for Fister. Meh. Still not what I am looking for but probably the best offer I've even received for Fister. Offer for Bailey I get Alfaro and L. Sims. Sims is struggling don't really know what to think of him. Alfaro isnt bad if he didnt strike out so much.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Fister has been around a while but still not that old, only 30, he hasn't even hit FA yet. He would be good for about 6 plus years. Not sure how long your rebuild plan is but if you want to be competetive in 3 or less years, I don't think you will get a "better" prospect pitcher, now that he is NL. I went and actually got him for the ace of my rebuild, with Duffy, Hutch, Milone, Nuno...might switch out Milone, Nuno I have signed to a very team friendly contract, he can sit on the bench til or if he figures it out.

I just got done with a rebuild in my 30 team-58 player league. It took me a year and I should be in the playoffs but I put veterans at CI and MI while building up all the other areas first and back ups at CI/MI.

Guys like

Gomes
Vogt-my steal of this season C/CI/OF eligible, doesn't get better with his numbers
Cahloun-my steal of last season
Blackmon
Van Slyke-my future steal pick (8 or 9 HR in 150 abs, Adam Dunn size, great minor numbers, watch him)
Dan Black- Dunn's replacement, but he looks to take a down turn this season, not sure on him now.
Eric Campbell- great back up, multi position
TB OF rookie, I gave to another team, kevin K or something

all on very low priced contracts for me

I am planning on getting 3 guys in our 3 round draft and replacing Haren, Ortiz, Andrew Miller with 3 studs. 6 guys in the off season will finish my rebuild, then just replace as needed. This is a contract league though, might be a bit different but it may give you some ideas.

Since its such a HUGE league, you can look around and see other prospects if you want to get the under the radar prospects.

User Error Page - Fantrax