• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty MBBRL... Do we dare?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people are not in favor of IDP. I guess I'm in the minority there. I play in two league that use IDP but not to the extent proposed. We simply replaced DST (which most regulars on here know I dislike) with an IDP (any position) or two. The options are almost limitless, yet there are diamonds in the rough.
Of course my opinion on this is probably a non-factor since I doubt I'd participate.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually drafting the structure & bylaws of a Dynasty league I'd like to start this season or next. I am planning on making initial offers to join to members of my existing leagues but also planned on posting here for anyone who might be interested. I mention this because I don't want to step on your toes Foot especially since I'm not a member of MBBRL. Having said that, if you don't get enough interested parties maybe you'd like to consider going in together on a new dynasty league. You & I might have different ideas about how we envision our leagues being structured to the point where it wouldn't work but who knows. Just food for thought.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have a decision on this dynasty league? We should prolly try and set it up soon if we're gonna get it going. Unless I'm not invited(which is fine), then I don't give a rats ass. ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have a decision on this dynasty league? We should prolly try and set it up soon if we're gonna get it going. Unless I'm not invited(which is fine), then I don't give a rats ass. ;)

Still waiting on the Foot...I know I'm not running this SOB.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in a dynasty league, but not crazy about the format. I don't mind playing IDP but this seems a bit excessive to me.

Also, if you can only keep one of each position, then it doesn't really seem like a "dynasty" that you're building.

My $0.02.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people are not in favor of IDP. I guess I'm in the minority there. I play in two league that use IDP but not to the extent proposed. We simply replaced DST (which most regulars on here know I dislike) with an IDP (any position) or two. The options are almost limitless, yet there are diamonds in the rough.
Of course my opinion on this is probably a non-factor since I doubt I'd participate.

I agree here with Lefty, i was really hoping to get soem of you into IDP. i will say I was VERY hesitant at first myself to play in an IDP, but I can't tell you how I personally love it. I cant speak for anyone else who has tried but I personally think it opened up even more fun. I can't believe how much extra fun it was and is.

I also kind of lost a little steam once I seen everyone saying they didn't want to do and IDP.

Treff, lol you are doing enough, I couldn't bring myself to ask you to do this too but the thought did cross my mind. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Maybe Zep could get this thing going? I can tell you he did a great job in the league i was in with him last year. I guess we should get a head count first then we can try and work all that out.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xponentialchaos no you just have to keep at least one from each position but you can keep more than one at the same position. draft 45 players keep 35 forever. Throw 10 back at end of year.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops my mistake. Got it now.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do a league with no IDP, I would not mind running it. I commish two baseball leagues and two football leagues so I have some experience. But I'm ok with anyone else running it too. I think this would be a great addition to the MBBRL future.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, i dont mind commisionering(especially since i need to do SportsHoopla community service-apparently wilwhite does not need me to do his little thing)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, i dont think IDP would be bad, if we make it very minimal...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to really want to do this... If nobody wants to commish, I will... But lets first find enough owners to make this even an option...

I am 1 owner

9 more needed to start the league
But lets try to get up to 14...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I was just about to post on this. I was gonna say I would head this up, first ask all Original MBBRL members and b-league, and go from there.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I need to find out which owners are interested in doing a dynasty keeper league. It'll be standard scoring, QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,FLEX,DEF,K

Post if you're interested. Gotta get this thing rolling if we're gonna do this.

I am obviously interested.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I need to find out which owners are interested in doing a dynasty keeper league. It'll be standard scoring, QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,FLEX,DEF,K

Post if you're interested. Gotta get this thing rolling if we're gonna do this.

I am obviously interested.

SHould we do IDP?? or at least a small scale one, maybe start 3-5 defensive players and the categories that acrue points would be sacks, tackles, interceptions and fumble recovery... +6 for TD...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHould we do IDP?? or at least a small scale one, maybe start 3-5 defensive players and the categories that acrue points would be sacks, tackles, interceptions and fumble recovery... +6 for TD...

Let it be a vote once we find players...

so will whether it is an auction or snake draft

and waiverwire or FAAB

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it's IDP I won't do it. I'm just not into it, but you're more than welcome to do that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's IDP I won't do it. I'm just not into it, but you're more than welcome to do that.

I have never done it before, am a bit hesitant too... Just wanted to keep the option up... Have you done it before??

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never done it before, am a bit hesitant too... Just wanted to keep the option up... Have you done it before??

Yes. I'm in a 35-keeper with IDP right now. It's just too much for me to add another one. With the amount of leagues I'm in, I just wouldn't have time for a huge keeper like that.

Like I said, if others are interested go for it. I just can't commit to that.