• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologize guys... Just jumped on here something has gotta be fixed in D1.. somehow Akers is not on my team!? I never cut him and had him in my IR spot

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to leave @TREFF my email and phone number.. just moved and been widely busy. Will stay active on here

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to catch me up on what happened to Akers and why he was removed from my roster?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologize guys... Just jumped on here something has gotta be fixed in D1.. somehow Akers is not on my team!? I never cut him and had him in my IR spot
Hey there stranger!

Jump back a couple pages. It’s all in this here thread.

Good to see you btw. Dec 14th seems longer ago than it really is.

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and read.. this is totally my fault. I know everyone has had stuff going on but I've just been so out of control busy I've completely lost touch with anyone other than my wife and three kids. If I knew what was going on I would have fixed my roster. It is my wrong doing, but I do wish I could get Akers back on my team.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and read.. this is totally my fault. I know everyone has had stuff going on but I've just been so out of control busy I've completely lost touch with anyone other than my wife and three kids. If I knew what was going on I would have fixed my roster. It is my wrong doing, but I do wish I could get Akers back on my team.
I'm always open to it, and of the others have no problems with it, I've got no issues in reversing it, life happens and of course there's more improtant stuff going on in the world...but, obviously, lines have to be drawn somewhere, and if the lines are meaningless, than what's the point right?

So I'll make the poll. (it's about time for peeps to start scratching thier asses and getting ready for the draft anyways).

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polling/Vote is fair

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, as mentioned in the thread for the poll...should we be discussing on those potential details about anything like this happening again? Or was this alone a big enough wake up call for all of us that the deadlines are real and will be enforced and to just adhere to the deadlines or pay the price, no more second chances, period?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, as mentioned in the thread for the poll...should we be discussing on those potential details about anything like this happening again? Or was this alone a big enough wake up call for all of us that the deadlines are real and will be enforced and to just adhere to the deadlines or pay the price, no more second chances, period?
I'm sure there will be another justified hard luck story come up if it does, but for your sanity sake - I'm all for NO MORE EXCEPTIONS to the rules. ... now having said that, it'll be me. ...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there will be another justified hard luck story come up if it does, but for your sanity sake - I'm all for NO MORE EXCEPTIONS to the rules. ... now having said that, it'll be me. ...
I like the 100% compliance however life does happen and think those truly rare occurrences should be reviewed individually.

The rule remains as stated

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since almost all of us are fine upstanding, decent, compassionate human beings..I think having potential ramifications/repercussions/whatever, in place for future would likely be a good idea.

Even if it were my worst enemy, in or out of the hoop, I could easily be persuaded to not remove players form a roster given real life circumstances being a bitch, and I'm sure that's the case for virtually everyone else in here too.
So let those idea flow, discuss them, whatever.

Because what we have now, if there's no exceptions- %100 compliance, is;

the players are removed, tossed into the waiver pile, and the waiver process, as voted on, is for all the players on waivers (minus rookies fantrax has added) are eligible to be claimed.

So if there are any thoughts, get em out here and in the open now

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss of a 2nd round pick. If it’s two players they lose the lesser of the two to the WW and pay the 2nd round pick to get their top choice back

If it happens again they lose all the players no matter what

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss of a 2nd round pick. If it’s two players they lose the lesser of the two to the WW and pay the 2nd round pick to get their top choice back
If it happens again they lose all the players no matter what
That seems fair - but what if they have no 2nd? I mean, that does happen in dynasty. Perhaps, their second pick - but heck that may not be until the 4th RD (so really no punishment at all). .... as such, pick penalties will be a slippery slope.
In this particular case, it came up only because it happened to be one good player on his favorite team and a potential. Had it been Campbell and say, Foles it likely wouldn't have be an issue at all. The only answer, I see is to be a judge/jury of player values (by Commish or ?) and get rid of the lowest rated guy(s). Even that could be affected by free agency but tough tomatoes. ... In addition they go to the end of the WW as official 'punishment'. Just my humble thoughts. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems fair - but what if they have no 2nd? I mean, that does happen in dynasty. Perhaps, their second pick - but heck that may not be until the 4th RD (so really no punishment at all). .... as such, pick penalties will be a slippery slope.
In this particular case, it came up only because it happened to be one good player on his favorite team and a potential. Had it been Campbell and say, Foles it likely wouldn't have be an issue at all. The only answer, I see is to be a judge/jury of player values (by Commish or ?) and get rid of the lowest rated guy(s). Even that could be affected by free agency but tough tomatoes. ... In addition they go to the end of the WW as official 'punishment'. Just my humble thoughts. ....
if we're talking an extended 'no show' by an owner..perhaps thats what we vote on if there's ever anything that comes up.

Not what to do about it after the fact..but rather, the Comish selects 2-4 realistic options from the offending owner's roster, including the IR'ed players as well (2 per player still on IR), and the vote is held on which players are dropped to achieve compliance. And those players could be chosen be based on lowest points per game the prior year, or points in total, or if there's a retirement..whatever..I leave that criteria open for debate.

Just another potential possibility that would eliminate loss of draft picks that may or may not exist, or screwing with the waiver process. And likely, not seriously screw with an owners ability to field a good team later int he season because they lost a key cog due to technicalities

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of messing with rosters at all, the draft pick options seem to make more sense to me. I think there should be a deadline each year of March 1st to get your roster right (that gives some time after the Super Bowl). If your roster is still non-compliant on March 2nd, then you lose your latest draft pick (depending on draft pick trading that could be a 4th rounder or it could be a 3rd, 2nd. or 1st rounder depending on what picks you have). Each week you are still non-compliant (so on March 9th) you lose the next pick up and so on until you have no picks left. So if you have two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 4th rounder, then on March 2nd you would lose your 4th rounder. On March 9th you would lose the 2nd rounder. On March 16th you would lose the worst 1st rounder and on March 23rd you would lose the best 1st rounder. You can't really just say that somebody loses a certain round because what if they have multiple picks in that round. If you just start with their last pick and move forward then it doesn't matter. That's my two cents.