• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I would have to trade for a TE before I make my first pick? Just making sure I understand

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks..obviously the rule was put into place to avoid using a kicker's roster spot as an "extra space" during the off season, but I guess its gotta apply universally, even though we all know you don't intend on going long without a TE on the roster

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as you can't do an add or claim...I think if you somehow created an empty roster space, like through an uneven trade or a drop, and maintained that empty space until a TE is added, either after the draft, or in the later rounds (I.e., you'd still have to drop to draft, even though you have the empty space, unless its a TE) you'd be OK. Seeing as the rule was created to avoid using roster spaces "improperly", leaving it empty is not technically circumventing the rule. Starting to get complicated with technicalities though

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I could manage that. Appreciate the flexibility. Although I doubt I move Eifert. No one will want to give up much value for him so hes likely more valuable to wait out.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a search on the topic. .....from last yr and found below. ... I doubt this goes anywhere, but IMO if the waiver-wire/FA opened say, 1 or 2 weeks prior to the rookie draft, there would be no reason (or excuse) to not have a full legal lineup going into the draft (ie, an eligible player for every position). .....

This is how the topic went last season - think that is basically what Treff laid out
MBBRL D1 draft/ roster makeup poll
Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Forum - Message Board' started by TREFF, Apr 21, 2017.
Shall owners be allowed to drop kickers or D's during the draft and carry 0 of them until the start
Yes, kickers and D's aren't required until the lineup deadline 5 vote(s) 35.7%
*No, the possibility of a full legal lineup shall be maintained at all times 7 vote(s) 50.0%
The compromise, yes they can, but the roster is locked until the empty starting slot is filled 2 vote(s) 14.3%

MBBRL D1 2017 Rookie draft
Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Forum - Message Board' started by TREFF, Apr 30, 2017.
Now, the rules of the draft:
Drop/draft format. Maximum of 18 players on the roster period. If you currently have 18, a player must be dropped in order to make a selection.
A bare minimum of a legal lineup must be maintained at all times. Draft picks will not be accepted from a team not in compliance.
Trading for a pick currently on the clock does NOT reset the clock
No one HAS to make a pick at any given time. A pick can be passed, and that owner can continue in the draft with his next pick if he so chooses. I.e.. you can pass in the 4th, and still pick in the 5th

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a search on the topic. .....from last yr and found below. ... I doubt this goes anywhere, but IMO if the waiver-wire/FA opened say, 1 or 2 weeks prior to the rookie draft, there would be no reason (or excuse) to not have a full legal lineup going into the draft (ie, an eligible player for every position). .....

This is how the topic went last season - think that is basically what Treff laid out
MBBRL D1 draft/ roster makeup poll
Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Forum - Message Board' started by TREFF, Apr 21, 2017.
Shall owners be allowed to drop kickers or D's during the draft and carry 0 of them until the start
Yes, kickers and D's aren't required until the lineup deadline 5 vote(s) 35.7%
*No, the possibility of a full legal lineup shall be maintained at all times 7 vote(s) 50.0%
The compromise, yes they can, but the roster is locked until the empty starting slot is filled 2 vote(s) 14.3%

MBBRL D1 2017 Rookie draft
Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Forum - Message Board' started by TREFF, Apr 30, 2017.
Now, the rules of the draft:
Drop/draft format. Maximum of 18 players on the roster period. If you currently have 18, a player must be dropped in order to make a selection.
A bare minimum of a legal lineup must be maintained at all times. Draft picks will not be accepted from a team not in compliance.
Trading for a pick currently on the clock does NOT reset the clock
No one HAS to make a pick at any given time. A pick can be passed, and that owner can continue in the draft with his next pick if he so chooses. I.e.. you can pass in the 4th, and still pick in the 5th
Guess I should a double checked that myself.. Thx lefty. Guess it would be an illegal transaction. Glad someone is on top of stuff around here

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ok then. Anyone trading for the super healthy red zone stud Tyler Eifert listen up! I will need to receive a TE in return if a trade is to go down

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot very disappointed you aren't a Josh Gordan fan.:nod:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should a double checked that myself.. Thx lefty. Guess it would be an illegal transaction. Glad someone is on top of stuff around here
Well ok then. Anyone trading for the super healthy red zone stud Tyler Eifert listen up! I will need to receive a TE in return if a trade is to go down

I didn't check on this because I thought Trudem was doing anything wrong - and I do not have an issue with him being allowed to do so. .... he's honest as the day is long.
I did it to point out that; IF FA pickup where allowed a week before the draft we all could be assured of meeting the 'rule' laid out. .... I know multiple player deals are very much the norm and many people only carry 1 TE and/or DST with the short benches - coupled with the rule, you are basically handcuffed - FA pickups could go a long way in resolving such issues and/or preventing deals involving those positions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I sent you a offer in that regard. Think you said it depended on A. Robinson and where he landed.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't check on this because I thought Trudem was doing anything wrong - and I do not have an issue with him being allowed to do so. .... he's honest as the day is long.
I did it to point out that; IF FA pickup where allowed a week before the draft we all could be assured of meeting the 'rule' laid out. .... I know multiple player deals are very much the norm and many people only carry 1 TE and/or DST with the short benches - coupled with the rule, you are basically handcuffed - FA pickups could go a long way in resolving such issues and/or preventing deals involving those positions.
I was only inferring that I appreciate the double check, at all times. Not that you were worried the cheese head was being nefarious :)

I think that's a very reasonable suggestion. As the only real reason behind freezing free agency was to give everyone a breather from constant FF year round. I think a week or so before our draft would be ample time.

How about something like..the day after the NFL draft is over, a waiver period, and then the free agency is open until the day that our draft starts where its frozen again until the draft is over, then back to business as usual?