• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight..Yes or No

Do you care if Dwight leaves or not?

• YES

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • NO

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, give your honest opinions. Do you really care if Dwight stays or not. Yes if you think he should and no if you could care less if he leaves.

My vote is NOOOOOO

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said elsewhere, I went to my first Lakers game at the Forum in '79 and my life for the decade of the 80s was consumed with my Showtime obsession. If they sign Dwight to the max deal, I'm finished my wife is too. We will no longer be Lakers fans.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:Hammer, I understand and have been pretty vocal about Howard, Shorty and Mitch. If the free throw wizard is signed to the Lakers, it might be one of the :lame:things I have every seen. I won't go as far as to never partake in rooting Lakers but it won't matter because I will turn the NBA off period:nod:

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said elsewhere, I went to my first Lakers game at the Forum in '79 and my life for the decade of the 80s was consumed with my Showtime obsession. If they sign Dwight to the max deal, I'm finished my wife is too. We will no longer be Lakers fans.

I'm with you, Dwights a bum.

JONYLOCO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, spoiled, and overhyped bum.............that I hope stays with my Lakers. Just want to win over next few years while Kobe is still standing!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays, he stays!! If he leaves, he leaves!! I really don't care anymore!!

Ultimately, he has shown nothing to convince me that he can be the guy that leads ANY team to a title. Whether he stays or not, the Lakers will still need to find someone who can actually lead the team.

Dwight seems to want a situation where, if the teams wins, he gets all of the credit and if they don't he gets none of the blame!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Hammer and others. And Trojanfan12, you nailed it right on the head with this guy. I am with ya on the care-less front. I am done giving this guy any more of my time or attention. He is a narcissistic child and will never lead anybody anywhere.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is your typical ego inflated, self centered athlete. His number one concern is Dwight Howard, nothing else. Guys like Howard have tons of potential, but they are so self-absorbed that they end up performing well below expectations. Any team that signs him will end up with a head case in the locker room that will bring far more negatives than positives.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LucklessPadresfan. It's all true and he has proven his modus operandi twice with two different franchises. And the most fascinating thing is there are blind dopes out there who are clearing their rosters lining up to get this dude.

I say, you can have the guy and you can choke on him because that is exactly what is going to happen. I find it fitting that Cuban's Mavericks are one destination. The two deserve each other.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LucklessPadresfan. It's all true and he has proven his modus operandi twice with two different franchises. And the most fascinating thing is there are blind dopes out there who are clearing their rosters lining up to get this dude.

I say, you can have the guy and you can choke on him because that is exactly what is going to happen. I find it fitting that Cuban's Mavericks are one destination. The two deserve each other.

And it appears to be getting worse. Apparently, there was a tweet sent out saying that his decision is made and he will announce it via twitter over the weekend. Then, a short time later, the same person sent out another tweet that basically recanted the first tweet and said there was no need to hang out on twitter all weekend waiting for an answer!!

As for teams lining up for him, that's what happens when you have a 7 footer with Dwight's talent!! Everyone thinks that their situation will be the one that turns him around!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, the mirage of fools gold Trojanfan12!!! I wish there was some way I could collect some money from all of these fools lining up to believe their situation will be different. The very fact that multiple tweets of indecision are now showing up proves that this guy is never going to change.

Have we not seen this act before in Orlando? I rest my case. Get rid of this cancer and let him destroy some other team. It nauseates me to witness the complete tomfoolery of people with money who believe they'll provide the environment that will allow fragile Dwight to finally realize all that potential!!! That is why Phil now chuckles when asked about anything to do with this mirage.

One definition of insanity is to do the same thing and expect different results. I think we are witnessing a classic example of this with Howard AND the Lakers FO!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either like Howard because of his talent or you don't because of his attitude. I'd rather have a guy with less talent, but a better attitude because I believe that's more conducive to winning.......and winning is the name of the game.

Let Howard go and start rebuilding this team with players who care about team and winning first and endorsements and ego thereafter.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, spoiled, and overhyped bum.............that I hope stays with my Lakers. Just want to win over next few years while Kobe is still standing!

I agree.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him back. You don't let a talented, superstar 7 footer walk out of the door and be happy with it. He is the best center in the game when healthy and I want him back......however, if he wants to go, I'm ALL for doing this possible S&T for Klay Thompson, an expiring contract, and a 1st rounder. I want him in a Laker uniform, but if he wants out, then give me Klay and we're moving on.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out "indifferent".

Since there's no indifferent, I'll lean yes. His positives can certainly help a team and a good portion of his negatives should* subside once he settles down with a team long term. (*That's a big should). But even if he leaves, LA is still in pretty good shape regardless of what people and many panicky Laker fans think. Make all the Short Buss jokes you want but Mitch and the front office have had the 2014 plan in place for awhile. They rolled the dice to improve short term and it may not work out but it still doesn't drastically hamper them long term. That's pretty hard to do. There's probably only a handful of teams in all sports that could pull that dynamic off. Fans just need to be patient and think things through more openly. Heck, even if Howard walks away and LA gets nothing in return, the trade was still worth it. Because the other option would have resulted in being stuck with Andrew Bynum's hair with a long term contract.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays, he stays!! If he leaves, he leaves!! I really don't care anymore!!

Ultimately, he has shown nothing to convince me that he can be the guy that leads ANY team to a title. Whether he stays or not, the Lakers will still need to find someone who can actually lead the team.

Dwight seems to want a situation where, if the teams wins, he gets all of the credit and if they don't he gets none of the blame!!

I've seen that the Warriors are out, with signing of Iggy, they can't clear cap space now. I really would've liked Klay and Barnes/Bogut in a S & T. I think Bogut's was an expiring, correct??

At any rate, I'm with tf12 and retro, if he leaves he leaves. Just gonna be a long year, trying to win games with this roster, especially if they intend to keep Kobe out until absolutely necessary. Plus, I'm just not that patient to wait for the FA of '14.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him back. You don't let a talented, superstar 7 footer walk out of the door and be happy with it. He is the best center in the game when healthy and I want him back......however, if he wants to go, I'm ALL for doing this possible S&T for Klay Thompson, an expiring contract, and a 1st rounder. I want him in a Laker uniform, but if he wants out, then give me Klay and we're moving on.

Well, if he comes back then the Lakers had better dump D'Antoni because it will be a battle royal between this spoiled brat and D'Antoni. What makes anyone think that the Lakers are ready to change their game philosophy for unproven ego maniac?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he comes back then the Lakers had better dump D'Antoni because it will be a battle royal between this spoiled brat and D'Antoni. What makes anyone think that the Lakers are ready to change their game philosophy for unproven ego maniac?

Not exactly unproven. He was injured last year and still played better than Bynum had the year before. Just a few DPOY awards. But that sign and trade with GS doesn't sound half bad if we had to lose him.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly unproven. He was injured last year and still played better than Bynum had the year before. Just a few DPOY awards. But that sign and trade with GS doesn't sound half bad if we had to lose him.

Maybe my use of 'unproven' was a little over the top, but a guy with Howard's physical attributes should be a consistently dominating big man. I just don't see how he and D'Antoni will coexist next year.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: Howard is gone and I am glad. If Shorty would give way to Jennie and Phil, we might just turn it around in a couple of years.:hope: Howard is now the Rockets problem and he will be:laugh3: I would wish you luck Mr free throw wizard but I don't and you don't need luck just a shrink.:nod: