• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dville's 4th annual CFB preview thread

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That thread needs to die yet you keep on bumping it up right before it hits page #2.
I'll tell you what. I will not bump it twice in a row. If no one posts after me, I will let it die.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what. I will not bump it twice in a row. If no one posts after me, I will let it die.

I sense a disturbance in the force.
TheReal_NU to the rescue.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you and I'll go easy on the UW pics from now on ... well not as many anyways.
okp66FD.gif

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss that cat.

Don't miss the coach.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itinerary for this summer

OK... This thread is already deteriorating into personal insults. So let me give you guys our itinerary for my previews, so that you'll know WHERE and WHEN you can direct your anger to:

Group of 5 Conferences (on this thread):
Week of May 29th: MAC
(Since the MAC took the "Group of 5" spot in last year's "New Year's Six", it's going first this year.)
Week of June 5th: American (Did you know that this conference had five teams with 9 or more wins last season?)
Week of June 12th: Mountain West (Is it just me, or is Wyoming ready to spring another surprise?)
Week of June 19th: Conference USA (Spoiler alert: The Florida Atlantic vs. Florida International game is slated for November 18th.)
Week of June 26th: Sun Belt (It was a banner year for the Sun Belt [6 teams in bowl games], so it's going last this year.)

Major conferences (on separate threads):
Week of July 3rd: ACC
(Are we FINALLY going to see Florida State vs. Miami in the title game?)
Week of July 10th: SEC (AKA: Fans complaining about Butch Jones for 7 days straight.)
Week of July 17th: Big 12 (Spoiler alert: We WILL have a regular season rematch in the Big 12 title game.)
Week of July 24th: Big 10 (Wait a minute... Is the party over ALREADY for Jim Harbaugh?)
Week of July 31st: PAC-12 (SPOILERS: The Washington Huskies are going last.)
August 8th: Playoff and bowl predictions

There. Now let's all say a prayer for those killed in Manchester, England...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! You thought I had forgotten all about the independents (BYU, Army, Notre Dame, and UMass)? Well, they'll all be in this thread.
I just won't tell you when I'll do those previews. You'll just have to check in every day to see... :heh:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itinerary for this summer

OK... This thread is already deteriorating into personal insults. So let me give you guys our itinerary for my previews, so that you'll know WHERE and WHEN you can direct your anger to:

Group of 5 Conferences (on this thread):
Week of May 29th: MAC
(Since the MAC took the "Group of 5" spot in last year's "New Year's Six", it's going first this year.)
Week of June 5th: American (Did you know that this conference had five teams with 9 or more wins last season?)
Week of June 12th: Mountain West (Is it just me, or is Wyoming ready to spring another surprise?)
Week of June 19th: Conference USA (Spoiler alert: The Florida Atlantic vs. Florida International game is slated for November 18th.)
Week of June 26th: Sun Belt (It was a banner year for the Sun Belt [6 teams in bowl games], so it's going last this year.)

Major conferences (on separate threads):
Week of July 3rd: ACC
(Are we FINALLY going to see Florida State vs. Miami in the title game?)
Week of July 10th: SEC (AKA: Fans complaining about Butch Jones for 7 days straight.)
Week of July 17th: Big 12 (Spoiler alert: We WILL have a regular season rematch in the Big 12 title game.)
Week of July 24th: Big 10 (Wait a minute... Is the party over ALREADY for Jim Harbaugh?)
Week of July 31st: PAC-12 (SPOILERS: The Washington Huskies are going last.)
August 8th: Playoff and bowl predictions

There. Now let's all say a prayer for those killed in Manchester, England...
So how do you decide what team to do? In order of finish from last year? reverse order? alphabetical? no reasoning just the team you feel like doing that day?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you decide what team to do? In order of finish from last year? reverse order?

Actually, your last question is right; I just select the teams I preview on a whim. But I might try this whole "reverse-order" thing this year; it may be fun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one posts after me,
I will let it die.
Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
Summer hasn't even started, so the offseason has a long time to go yet. We gotta have some place to post all our "stuff". A "please delete" thread is the perfect place.