• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant with a Jordan-esque performance tonight...

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 / 7 / 7 for the game, including 23 points AND the game-winner in the 4th Quarter... !!

WoW... !!

Durant, much like Jordan, didn't defer to his teammates when it mattered most. On the contrary he carried his Thunder on his shoulders and willed them to victory with unstoppable Offense.

A very Jordan-esque performance tonight for sure, from the MVP of the league Kevin Durant.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Westbrook is out of the lineup, he really reminds me of Melo

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Westbrook is out of the lineup, he really reminds me of Melo

He has to imo and he will be like that for a couple more weeks. I think this will make him so much better later and the team.

@Op obvious troll but great game by KD.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to a Heat fan to hate.

Is it hating if it's the truth? In 3 of the 5 games without Westbrook, he's taking 26 shots or more. If that's not a chick/ball hog then I don't know what is

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it hating if it's the truth? In 3 of the 5 games without Westbrook, he's taking 26 shots or more. If that's not a chick/ball hog then I don't know what is

Are you a little too tipsy tonight BK? Who is he supposed to pass it to Ibaka?

Not everybody has Ray Allen, DWade, Chris Bosh, Chris Anderson etc on their team.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD puttin it down. Like some of the classic games by MJ and LBJ

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it's 3 of 8 games... and in those 3 games Durant shot 49%. WestBRICK on his best day couldn't dream of shooting that efficiently, while taking (on average) 25+ shots per game.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a little too tipsy tonight BK? Who is he supposed to pass it to Ibaka?

Not everybody has Ray Allen, DWade, Chris Bosh, Chris Anderson etc on their team.
KD did just that last game against the Nets. Ibaka made it which tied the game and then Joe Johnson hit the game winner.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 / 7 / 7 for the game, including 23 points AND the game-winner in the 4th Quarter... !!

WoW... !!

Durant, much like Jordan, didn't defer to his teammates when it mattered most. On the contrary he carried his Thunder on his shoulders and willed them to victory with unstoppable Offense.

A very Jordan-esque performance tonight for sure, from the MVP of the league Kevin Durant.
KD did just the opposite Thursday night at home when they lost against the Nets. Passed to Ibaka when he had the chance for tie or take the lead by 1.

Brooklyn Nets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - Box Score - January 02, 2014 - ESPN

Brooklyn Nets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - Recap - January 02, 2014 - ESPN

Recap shows video of you're new hero deferring.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a ball hog when he hands out 7 assists. It takes 'Melo 10 games to get 7 assists.:lol:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize it took a superior choke job by Love for this to be an OKC win.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD did just the opposite Thursday night at home when they lost against the Nets. Passed to Ibaka when he had the chance for tie or take the lead by 1.

I forgot that deferring is considered a "bad" thing. I always thought it was good basketball passing to someone that had a better shot.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every player is going to defer at some point, given how the events of the game unfold. In the Brooklyn game KD was triple-teamed... so of course he's going to defer because his teammate was wide-open.

But 99 times out of 100 Durant (like Jordan, Kobe, Melo, et al), has the cold-blooded-killer mentality where HE is going to be "the man" to take his team over the top.

Not many players have that skill/ability/instinct, whatever you want to call it... most players seem to PREFER to defer to their teammates more so than be the guy who carries the Offensive load night-in, night-out (guys like Pippen, LeBron, et al).

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that deferring is considered a "bad" thing. I always thought it was good basketball passing to someone that had a better shot.

When you are the best Scorer in the game AND/OR the most efficient scorer AND/OR the so-called best player on the planet (who can get to the basket for a high-percentage shot any time he chooses) then YOU should be the guy carrying the Scoring load... not the guy taking 4-5 shots in the 4th Quarter of a close game while deferring to your teammates who take long-range / low-percentage shots.

Understand the difference now...?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player is going to defer at some point, given how the events of the game unfold. In the Brooklyn game KD was triple-teamed... so of course he's going to defer because his teammate was wide-open.

But 99 times out of 100 Durant (like Jordan, Kobe, Melo, et al), has the cold-blooded-killer mentality where HE is going to be "the man" to take his team over the top.

Not many players have that skill/ability/instinct, whatever you want to call it... most players seem to PREFER to defer to their teammates more so than be the guy who carries the Offensive load night-in, night-out (guys like Pippen, LeBron, et al).
Nice back peddle.

Durant, much like Jordan, didn't defer to his teammates when it mattered most.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice back peddle.

Durant, much like Jordan, didn't defer to his teammates when it mattered most.

Oh, wait... did you think I meant "never" deferred, when it's a well known fact that MJ passed to Kerr to clinch the 97 Championship?

Come on now... you know damn well the implication, so spare me your feeble attempts to deflect from the point: Some guys are Closers and some aren't.

Durant is a Closer (like Jordan, Kobe, Melo, Wade, et al).

Last edited by a moderator: