• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dup's season is up

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but Gibbons seems hella fast & smart.

Yeah he's been decent, he has obvious defensive limitations, just like Connor because they are so small. But as a fill in can't ask for much more.

I like him much more than Vitale because he actually has offensive skills and can think like an offensive player which Vitale has none of, he's a straight grinder through and through.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? What offensive skills? He plays on the top line...look what it did for Dupuis?! Vitale is much better than Gibbons. Vitale is Dupuis' twin...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about Vitale being so much better than Gibbons. Vitale is bigger than Gibbons but that's about it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? What offensive skills? He plays on the top line...look what it did for Dupuis?! Vitale is much better than Gibbons. Vitale is Dupuis' twin...

To be honest the difference between Gibbons and Vitale scoring ability is not enough to warrant making a hole on the 4th line. Crosby as we all know makes his wingers better and I think the gap between Vitale and someone else playing center on the 4th line is larger than Vitale replacing Gibbons with Crosby.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep comparing Brian Gibbons to Chris Connor but I think Gibbons is already better than Connor. People could say he's just doing well because he plays with Sid & Kuni, but I've seen him make a lot of great plays where Sid & Kuni had absolutely nothing to do with the play. He's fast and smart, I like what he brings to the team. Him & Beau Bennett are currently our 2 best prospective forwards IMO.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are different players, Vitale is a true center, who is fast and physical, and very defensively aware, and is a for sure NHL'er. Gibbons has top 6 offensive skills as far as on ice vision, passing, etc, but he probably can't produce enough to hold a top six spot for any long period of time and thus is a tweener.

Not sure why they are even being compared, they are completely different players. Vitale is certainly not a first line winger, and Gibbons isn't a 4th line player, they should never be playing each other's spots.

Dupuis' twin? Seriously, have you watched him play in the offensive zone?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are different players, Vitale is a true center, who is fast and physical, and very defensively aware, and is a for sure NHL'er. Gibbons has top 6 offensive skills as far as on ice vision, passing, etc, but he probably can't produce enough to hold a top six spot for any long period of time and thus is a tweener.

Not sure why they are even being compared, they are completely different players. Vitale is certainly not a first line winger, and Gibbons isn't a 4th line player, they should never be playing each other's spots.

Dupuis' twin? Seriously, have you watched him play in the offensive zone?

Gibbons reminds me of a smaller version of Beau Bennett, except he doesn't seem as injury prone. Big fan of Gibbons's game, glad he's on the 1st line with Sidnitz

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep comparing Brian Gibbons to Chris Connor but I think Gibbons is already better than Connor. People could say he's just doing well because he plays with Sid & Kuni, but I've seen him make a lot of great plays where Sid & Kuni had absolutely nothing to do with the play. He's fast and smart, I like what he brings to the team. Him & Beau Bennett are currently our 2 best prospective forwards IMO.

Eh, Bennett is on a completely different level than Gibbons. Unless you think Gibbons is the next Brian Gionta I don't see him as anything more than the next Chris Connor or Toby Petersen.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Bennett is on a completely different level than Gibbons. Unless you think Gibbons is the next Brian Gionta I don't see him as anything more than the next Chris Connor or Toby Petersen.

LOL...I was seriously thinking the new Chris Bourque but you are correct top 6 for short periods. The one thing I do like about him is his awareness in the offensive zone that helps make up for the other pieces he is lacking (size, full-time NHL Skill, etc....).

On the other hand Vitale is an NHL player but just a 4th line grinder.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no need to discuss that anymore they need a replacement for both. Vitale out 3 to 4 weeks and Gibbons out at least a week.