• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dumbass Lamar Jackson NOW tries other positions

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar really impressed me. Its only one season thus far, but I see no reason to believe that he wont get better as a passer from the pocket.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar really impressed me. Its only one season thus far, but I see no reason to believe that he wont get better as a passer from the pocket.
I think he's Tim Tebow part 2. I've watched several of his games, including obviously yesterday. He is atrocious as a passer. He's an athlete, yes, but he's not a passer and this is going to limit Baltimore. Remembers that Tebow came in and "energized" the Broncos, even winning a playoff game, but he floundered quickly once teams figured him out. He'll make a few nice passes here and there, but overall he's just so far off from having that ability to sustain long-term success.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's Tim Tebow part 2. I've watched several of his games, including obviously yesterday. He is atrocious as a passer. He's an athlete, yes, but he's not a passer and this is going to limit Baltimore. Remembers that Tebow came in and "energized" the Broncos, even winning a playoff game, but he floundered quickly once teams figured him out. He'll make a few nice passes here and there, but overall he's just so far off from having that ability to sustain long-term success.
There's some truth in this in that the defense was a bigger factor than the actual QB change, but Lamar is still a much better thrower than Tebow is, albeit that's an incredibly absurd and low bar to clear.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you sell him short. He's far better than Tim Tebow ever was

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just will never be high on mayfield.

Well you have already been proved wrong. Mayfield doesn't even have a #1 WR and he got a 0 win team to 7. He easily had the best season out of any rookie QB this season and honestly the best rookie QB season since Russell Wilson.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some truth in this in that the defense was a bigger factor than the actual QB change, but Lamar is still a much better thrower than Tebow is, albeit that's an incredibly absurd and low bar to clear.
Without the defense, Baltimore likely wins maybe 1-2 of his starts. Definitely don't win last night. You could see Cleveland was able to make the necessary halftime adjustments and held them to 6 points in the 2nd half. Any decent defense will be able to do this.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar reminds me a little of RG3 or Vick more than Tebow. Smaller and elusive runner with WR speed. I think he has shown signs passing that he has the arm. He just needs to learn.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you sell him short. He's far better than Tim Tebow ever was

I agree he is better than Tebow. He can be very inconsistent like Tebow as a passer and a much better runner with his elite quickness and speed. This offensive scheme is working like a charm this year but the NFL will catch on and catch on very soon imo. Have to give it to the coaching staff and Lamar though, it is incredible that they are the only team making this work.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's far closer to being Tebow than being a legit top 15-20 passer.

Okay? He's far more likely to have more than just a season's worth of games' success, like Tebow did. He will be w thorn in the side of the rest of the division for at least a couple seasons

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the defense, Baltimore likely wins maybe 1-2 of his starts. Definitely don't win last night. You could see Cleveland was able to make the necessary halftime adjustments and held them to 6 points in the 2nd half. Any decent defense will be able to do this.
Without the defense, okay sure. But ever since Harbaugh has been there, Baltimore (save for a handful of games) has always had a stout, disciplined defense; its pretty much a constant with them

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? He's far more likely to have more than just a season's worth of games' success, like Tebow did. He will be w thorn in the side of the rest of the division for at least a couple seasons
He might be, but not if he doesn't improve dramatically as a passer. We saw the Browns adjust to him at halftime and hold Baltimore to 6 second half points, and the Browns defense isn't elite and was missing their Pro Bowl CB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the defense, okay sure. But ever since Harbaugh has been there, Baltimore (save for a handful of games) has always had a stout, disciplined defense; its pretty much a constant with them
Sure, but that doesn't change anything. They have a defense that has him not having to come from behind a lot, which eases a lot of pressure. We saw what happened last night when Cleveland came back and made the game close. I think he's good when he's comfortable and can just run around. If they get to a situation where they're down by 10+, he's not going to be able to sustain drives and win games IMO.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be, but not if he doesn't improve dramatically as a passer. We saw the Browns adjust to him at halftime and hold Baltimore to 6 second half points, and the Browns defense isn't elite and was missing their Pro Bowl CB.

The browns defense might not be "elite" (however you want to define that) but theyre pretty damn solid in comparison to their contemporaries, at least they were, this year

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The browns defense might not be "elite" (however you want to define that) but theyre pretty damn solid in comparison to their contemporaries, at least they were, this year
They were 3rd to last in the NFL in total defense this year.

Jackson won 6 of his 7 starts. 6 of those 7 defenses he faced were ranked 26th or worse in the NFL in total defense. Think about that - he got to face, in order, 6 of the 7 worst defenses in the NFL (didn't face Miami). He played OK against the Chargers, who are 9th, but the defense unquestionably won that game.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 3rd to last in the NFL in total defense this year.

Jackson won 6 of his 7 starts. 6 of those 7 defenses he faced were ranked 26th or worse in the NFL in total defense. Think about that - he got to face, in order, 6 of the 7 worst defenses in the NFL (didn't face Miami). He played OK against the Chargers, who are 9th, but the defense unquestionably won that game.

He’s better than Flacco. Flacco would not have gone 6-1 in that stretch.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows by now the Ravens are a run first team and they still are able to run at will on defenses. Not saying it can't be stopped, but some credit should be given to them.

Ravens are taking advantage of a pass heavy NFL where defenses aren't built to stop the run at the moment.